lealew7

all messages by user

12/27/2016
Topic:
The first Black Panther sells for $90,000

lealew7
lealew7
yes, i believe if you look it up, the black panther movie should be set for 2018. same with ant-man and wasp, and sooooo many awesome movies lined up for 2017 and 2018 Big Grin hope that helps a little.
12/27/2016
Topic:
princess Leia has left with a damn good fight

lealew7
lealew7
sad to announce that we just lost our dearest Carrie Fisher, the princess that made princess all badass and amazing. We will forever remember such an amazing woman upset may the force forever be with you Mrs. Fisher!!
12/31/2016
Topic:
missing issues

lealew7
lealew7
I cannot seem to locate this comic set; which i obtained a few copies from the set. It is part of the Star Spangled War Story series by DC. Could anyone assist with my search or could it get put into the CPG database? thank you Big Grin

I am also unable to locate the Rose City Comic Con version of Lady Death's: Wicked Ways #1 with the amazon crystals on the cover. there were only 88 issues made, which i have 17/88, and they all came with Brian Paulido's certification and autograph if requested, which i didsmile

thank you again.
1/2/2017
Topic:
Post Pictures of Your Comic Room!

lealew7
lealew7
this is what i have randomly throughout my housesmile the main display is in my living room, the rest are stashed away in my own room; and the last is the new box i got for xmas from my best friend and partner in crime forever smile
1/9/2017
Topic:
how can I find the value of my trading cards

lealew7
lealew7
I guess the big question is, what type of trading cards are they? I grew up when trading cards where huge in the 90's from artwork trading cards, sports of all types, pokemon, MTG, Yugi-oh, etc. the list can go onsmile Depending on the type of trading cards, there are several websites that can assist in pricing them out, or your local games/comics/cards shop; if you are at least chummy with them cuz then they won't try to hustle you, just fyi, they all try to do that unfortunately if you are not a local/regular. hope that helps a little. Good luck. If they are more than sports cards, i may be able to find you a good website to start with.
1/13/2017
Topic:
Is there a market for comics graded 6.0-8.5?

lealew7
lealew7
i'm pretty sure if the demand is right, an adamant collector would take into consideration that non-perfect or lower graded comics may be the only options they have and yes, it could cause a higher value or request for said comics. there are many ways to find collectors or sell your items if just done correctly and safely of coursesmile Good luck and i hope others can assist where i lack since i am still a yearling on this Site; but i'm more experienced with the collecting of Comics and caring for my collection than anything. This site is very educational and helpful in so many ways i can not begin, lol.
1/13/2017
Topic:
Story lines Question

lealew7
lealew7
browsesmile that is what i do. I ask around my local shops, check and see what people are searching, and just keeping an eye on how the web market looks with different sets out there. One very popular Comic series is TWD by image. They have several comics that are in the hundreds and even thousands just alone, but with the right run, they can go for some serious cash as a set as well. There are Suicide Squad, Batman/Superman, X-men, New Mutants, Aliens, etc. Even Tarot Witch of the Black rose has some serious money into them as well smile Good luck!
1/25/2017
Topic:
missing issues

lealew7
lealew7
i realized that when i requested the Lady Death Rose City Comic Con variant cover that i have to be added to the data base, it is currently listed as Lady Death: the Wicked. But if you look at the actual cover of the comic, it is called Lady Death Wicked Ways #1, not The Wicked. I don't know if it even matters yet, but shouldn't it be listed accordingly as it shows on the comic cover? thanks smile
1/30/2017
Topic:
missing issues

lealew7
lealew7
the initial printing on the inside of the cover states: lady death wicked ways#1 september 2013 originally published by Chaos...etc. When i can find a camera with better pixelation; i will provide a picture of what my comic has on its inside cover. Needless to say, my comic is what it says it is smile

thank you,
1/31/2017
Topic:
I've bagged them without boarding them!

lealew7
lealew7
not to mention, it keeps the comic from rolling on its corners; without back support it will slouch in a sense just the same way magazines do. I keep all my stuff boarded and sleeved for all protection purposes; regardless if i read them or not i like my stuff always in nice condition for possible future sales and just to keep a nice collection smile
edited by lealew7 on 1/31/2017
2/3/2017
Topic:
Your Opinion: Most Iconic Covers

lealew7
lealew7
if i post all the pictures of the ones i like, this will go on forever, LOL; but for me, the ones that grab my eye and bring me back to my childhood would be the Marvel movie adaption comic books. Such as Dark Crystal, Indiana Jones, The last Star Fighter, Dune, Dragon Slayer, Blade runner, etc. i strive to locate all these Marvel Movie adapted comics now, they just need to be in my collection Big Grin
2/9/2017
Topic:
Metal Covers

lealew7
lealew7
usually they can be found easier when entered as Foil or Chrome covers, that is usually how they are listedsmile i hope this helps. BTW, some of them are worth money, especially if in great condition and belongs to a KEY character or story-line.
2/9/2017
Topic:
Metal Covers

lealew7
lealew7
wow, i love the grimms seriessmile that is fantastic and i wouldn't know first hand how to identify that because there are a rare amount of any comics that actually have a metal cover. this would be my first, lol. I hope you are able to find a way to get as close to an accurate pricing as possible, good luck!!
2/9/2017
Topic:
Your Opinion: Most Iconic Covers

lealew7
lealew7
the Turok is classic, i have one of these issues as well smile yay!
2/13/2017
Topic:
Grading System

lealew7
lealew7
you would have to take into consideration if any damage has been done to them whilst in the bags, which without opening them you cannot verify if any internal damage has been done to them. Technically there really is no such thing as a 10 mint. It would literally have to go from publishing, handled by no physical fingers/hands (with gloves if handled), bagged instantly in appropriate protective sleeve, and pretty much put into a slab instantly to prevent any future damage at all. This would be considered a 10 if proof could be providedsmile i love to think that my collection holds higher quality as well; but truth be told, most decent collectors either pay to have a near mint 9.8 or so graded comic book or actually have at least 9.4-9.6 for their near perfect individual books. this is really being generous because we think we have it down, then we get them graded and realize that they are not as perfect as we hoped; and i have had to adjust to this reality as the years have come and gone. this is just an opinion on how the grading system works because there are so many opinions on how it "should" work. Hope you find the answers you are looking for though smile Good luck. Maybe you could even post any of them that have clear packaging.
2/22/2017
Topic:
Who's Your Favorite Cover Artist?

lealew7
lealew7
I am a big fan of Steven Hughes, but it is unfortunate that not only does Chaos! comics no longer exist, it is sad to know that such an amazing artist passed away so early. I will keep rockin' your comics and art MR.HUGHES for ever!!
2/23/2017
Topic:
Get Out

lealew7
lealew7
I like cast that is set for this movie, and it drew me in after watching the first trailersmile i'm excited to see this movie because i like not just the typical Horror Genre, but i love psychological thriller/horror movies even more. Monsters are great, if they are actually disgusting/creepy and very nightmarishly inspiredsmile we can only see. I did go see the new Resident Evil movie, it was very epic and action packed, so it delivered what i was hoping for; and it definitely has an interesting twist. Enjoy smile
3/20/2017
Topic:
What book U bought at cover price that sky rocket

lealew7
lealew7
First Comic i noticed a big jump from what i paid for was my Tarot: Witch of the Black Rose #1, along with 1 of the few variant covers for just issue #1. I paid like 3 or 4 something for it and now it's up in the $50's. The only other Comic i have that really went up and i didn't realize it would ever do so, was my Walking Dead#1 Variant Michael Golden Wizard World issue that i received just for purchasing a Ticket for the day's event. Now its near $200 for its condition with autograph, but only Raw, not CGC graded at this time smile I too enjoy finding neat treasures when i least expect it.
3/21/2017
Topic:
CGC vs. CBCS vs. PGX

lealew7
lealew7
the primary reason that CGC graded comics go for more is because the company was considered the only company that was acceptable in Grading with accuracy; but these newer companies are starting to give them a run for their money because the time it takes to wait for graded comics from CGC has become insanely long. They are not bad companies, they are just still working on their credibility with the public smile i hope this is helpful.
3/22/2017
Topic:
Trying to decide to have comic autographed or not

lealew7
lealew7
There are a few different factors that will fluctuate within a certain price range when considering getting an autograph or already have something signed by a creator/artist/writer/etc. Not everyone likes to have any blemishes of foreign ink aside from the comic itself; hence why there are no real listings on autographed comics. Another thing to factor in is also who is autographing it like you mentioned, how popular they are as an individual, if the comic is a KEY comic, how popular the comic character and book is; and other factors that will vary on the pricing. When sending in to get it graded, sometimes they can verify the autograph and let a person know if it is actually the correct person doing the signingsmile i hope this is helpful for starters. good luck on your choice.