lealew7

all messages by user

10/4/2016
Topic:
Dynamite - Chastity - missing variants

lealew7
lealew7
I wish Chaos! was still around, along with Hughes one of the best artists that was apart of Chaos! He passed in like 2004, and Chaos! is no moreupset I sadly should have stayed up with Chastity though, i have her first 3 sets: Chastity(chaos! comics publisher), Theater of Pain, and Rocked. They are still awesome! good luck with your huntsmile
10/11/2016
Topic:
Is it just me or is anyone else pissed at Marvel??

lealew7
lealew7
I am so used to everyone always talking about MARVEL and DC, but i have always been a fan of all those random publishing companies, like crossgen, IDW, IMAGE, DarkHorse, and even Valiant is worth delving into once and awhile, but i'm marvel'd out when it comes to my comics. i love Broadsword comics, more the older stuff, and i miss Chaos! so very much, but after Hughes passed, the art isn't the same. most of the art is all the same now, either barely a lick of detail and so very plain and simple, or there is just waaaaaaayyyy too much going on that it is hard to follow the page aloneupset i miss the old days of comic and how they were made....anyone else?
10/14/2016
Topic:
widespread tens(?)

lealew7
lealew7
LOL, unless it is coming from factory, already placed in a sleeve and encased without ever touching human hands, or at least no more than 1 pair of human hands with gloves, that "great white, rainbow colored, rainbow poo'ing unicorn" of a grade 10 is as believable as me finding a ziplock bag full of crisp 100 bills that were NOT stolen and never claimed. yeah, i have fantastic shape comic books, but i will never go beyond a 9.6 and that is even pushing it for me, i average at 9.4- fine on most of my comics. they are being naive and unrealistic if they think they have 10's. Sorry, but its true.
10/17/2016
Topic:
widespread tens(?)

lealew7
lealew7
And to any of the newbies on here, i am still new to this site as well, but i have been a collector and reader of comics for over 2 decades; so i mean no disrespect or to sound rude. It takes years to learn about this stuff and actually understand it when it comes to the odd delicacy of comic book grading and pricing. i always like to to take care of my things in general, so when i started collecting comics, it didn't last long before i realized i could back, sleeve, and box my comics nice and neatly to keep them in better condition. i am grateful for being a little on the neat freak side Big Grin
10/18/2016
Topic:

lealew7
lealew7
for older generation comic readers and collectors, we had the opportunity to experience some of the best parts of the comic book creativity and experience. Then newbies now, they don't get the same experience and they have to deal with what is presented to them, which is a bunch of this bland/bad story line or just mediocre artwork. there are the few who still have it, don't get me wrong, but once everything went to laser print and not on paper pages like the good ole days, the comics themselves just changed for me. not necessarily in a good way either. the art is nothing like it really used to be because its mostly all computerized instead of the best and amazing hand drawn pieces that used to bless our comic shelvesupset ugghhh, the nostalgia......
10/21/2016
Topic:
What are you currently collecting?

lealew7
lealew7
if i can muster up the funds to add to my collection, i would finish the last few variant covers for TWD #100 that i do not haveBig Grin
pick up where i left off on my Tarot: witch of the black rose series, which picks up at #6 smile
Get all my original Lady Death sets back
Pick up the missing few to the first couple sets of the original Purgatori
get some more Evil Ernie,
Finally get my hands on some lady deamon
and check out some more older Chastitysmile

I would like to add more to my different CrossGen comic sets as wellsmile i am working on collections and sets now instead of just how many i have in my collection now.
10/24/2016
Topic:
the walking dead s7 premier

lealew7
lealew7
it happend....they actually did it and killed him off. i was iffy on the idea that they would do it but they did. So? did any one else actually see it coming? thats the best part is what you all thought....
10/26/2016
Topic:

lealew7
lealew7
too funny, that is exactly how I watched it as well. It was more worth watching the last ep of season 6 with the premier of season 7 together than to have waited all those months with such a cliff hanger....:0 i'm sure you will enjoy and I hope I did not ruin anything for you, I give no names and can only hope that if anyone doesn't want to know, they won't look here until they want to know more or have already watched smile all I know is....."I don't know if I can handle this!" and its only the first episode.....smile
10/28/2016
Topic:

lealew7
lealew7
I know what you mean about the whole Negan appearance. I purchased 2 variant covers of TWD without knowing what i was preparing for. I didn't get into TWD until s3 started, and by then all the comics were booming and rising in price. I just came across a couple variants of 100 at a comic con, and then i found 3 more at a shop and began looking for more.
Now I have 12 of the variant covers which is awesome, but i just can't bring myself to spend that much on the other missing variants just yet, soooooo pricy :I i have picked up a few other issues, such as the Michael Golden variant cover of issue 1 from Wizard World CC in Oregon and had it autographed Big Grin that was awesome. i have it in a hard case sleeve to keep it in as good of condition as possible, lol.
Once i got hooked on TWD though, it was over and i was hooked!! now i am waiting for the ALPHA....well sorta, if you don't already know what happens to'em in the comic series wink
10/31/2016
Topic:

lealew7
lealew7
I somewhat follow the comics, but i know the gist of a lot of whats going on in them smile i know all about alpha and i love how vicious she is, impaling heads as her marksmile that's just insane. i also love to hate Negan, and i'm interested to see if they throw in that weird bonding relationship Negan builds with Carl?? i'm watching lastnights ep tonightsmile we shall see how well they did this time around Big Grin enjoy and share please smile
10/31/2016
Topic:

lealew7
lealew7
the only black panther set i have, are the 3 part in the run of them being transported between dimensions/worlds and meeting their zombie selvessmile it was awesome since i am big on finding random zombie issues of just about any comic, lol. they just give it the added humor/gore/ and twist from the typical super hero role.
11/10/2016
Topic:
Graded value??

lealew7
lealew7
graded value is based off the condition of the comic; in every aspect down to print errors, any discoloration/fading, dog-ear folds, any teeny tiny detail that can effect the condition of the comic. But you also have raw grading, which is basically the honesty policy that you know how to grade it fairly enough after enough research; and then you have professional grading where you pay a company to do the all the fine combing over of your treasures. But, mind you, if the comic; even in great condition isn't worth much; then don't bother having a company grade it because it does cost money to do so. Just fyismile hope this was helpful.
11/14/2016
Topic:
The Walking Dead Singles

lealew7
lealew7
i really wish i had 315 to offer you dudesmile i want the run of 91-103 alone to throw my batch of #100's that i have picked up along the way. Suprisingly, all i have are several of the #100's and the Portland WWCC #1 Michael Golden cover w/autograph. Man, good luck with themsmile i hope you get what you are asking for.
11/15/2016
Topic:
Definition of "wear" on cover

lealew7
lealew7
when it comes to comic books, "Surface wear" does reference any normal fading, or any factor that contributes to natural "wear and tear" effects of a comic in general; or as i would understand it. I have been collecting for a long time, but i'm becoming slowly more aware of the concept of Comic Grading and in truth, i can only hope that i provide decent and as accurate of information i can; but no one has to take my word for it, that is where the pro's come in to clarify what is still vague or confusing.
11/30/2016
Topic:
MAN-BAT #1 MISSING IN DATABASE.

lealew7
lealew7
that is awesome that you have issue #1, i have issue #2 that was gifted to me by my father in a set of comics he picked up. its not in terrible condition either. I always thought it was one of those cooler older comics smile
12/6/2016
Topic:
Comic Book Survey - Win $50 Amazon Gift Card

lealew7
lealew7
i tried it outsmile simple questions, no harm in trying for a free $50 on amazon. good luck to anyone else who does it.
12/6/2016
Topic:
Need advice on a massive collection..

lealew7
lealew7
if you have a good buddy who is into comics or are friends with a comic shop owner, you could enlist their assistance in verifying at least fair value on each individual special issues that stand out, or sets. A friend in the comic business is far more useful when in pricing needsmile if you are close enough to trust each other, you could at least see if they are willing to purchase a chunk of them as well for their own needs or purposes. good luck! Big Grin
12/7/2016
Topic:
Comic reading grad student needs help!

lealew7
lealew7
i did this the other day on the first posted topicsmile good luck, like jokerbankgedquinn said, its real easy, quick, and fun to answer.
12/9/2016
Topic:

lealew7
lealew7
cept from me wink i love being a female nerd, my boyfriend loves it too, lol.
12/19/2016
Topic:

lealew7
lealew7
I am very curious what the general point of the survey was for? did you try the other social media sites as well? how did those fare? i am always curious to know more on the world of comics and nerdssmile