I've bagged them without boarding them! Messages in this topic - RSS

Pro-Novice
Pro-Novice

1/30/2017

Pro-Novice
Pro-Novice
Have I mistreated my collection? Don't get me wrong they've been handled well and the bags seem to protect them. Is this just bad practice? How does it affect my prospects of selling them?
0 link
quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker

1/30/2017

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Boarding comics is just a good idea in keeping the book from getting handling problems like kinks, dings and other condition issues. Boarding books is just a sound investment in keeping books looking nice. Picking up books that are just in a bag no matter how hard you try not to damage, stuff can happen.
+1 link
crcovar
crcovar

1/31/2017

crcovar
crcovar
Bags will offer protection from the elements, but really you probably want to put boards in there with them. Boards will help protect the spine.
0 link
sclingerman
sclingerman

1/31/2017

sclingerman
sclingerman
Aside from the physical protection boards offer, if you get high quality alkaline buffered acid-free boards (I use E-Gerber's), they protect the paper against acidity damage. If you use those boards with Mylar bags (again, I use E-Gerber) - you're "Archival" status. It's what museums and the Government use to protect paper. Protection for longer than 100 years. You never have to change/rebag your comics.
0 link
lealew7
lealew7

1/31/2017

lealew7
lealew7
not to mention, it keeps the comic from rolling on its corners; without back support it will slouch in a sense just the same way magazines do. I keep all my stuff boarded and sleeved for all protection purposes; regardless if i read them or not i like my stuff always in nice condition for possible future sales and just to keep a nice collection smile
edited by lealew7 on 1/31/2017
0 link