lealew7

all messages by user

3/31/2017
Topic:
New To Site Need A Little Help

lealew7
lealew7
for me, i use this site to help get a decent idea of value, what is hot, current, and upcoming. I also like all the conversations that go on here in the Forum pages. You never know what you can learn or how you could help others as wellsmile i only have the silver free account, but i'm ok with that because i do not always get time to get on a computer often, so i utilize the time i have on here and enjoysmile i don't mind switching my collection around from time to time to give a fresh set of books on my account as prices change and new treasures are found for my collection smile Good luck and enjoy!
4/24/2017
Topic:
Need help understanding pricing

lealew7
lealew7
if it is placed within a hard enclosed case, those are the only graded forms of comic books. the rest are just sealed or in the original shipping bags that should be removed and put into new sleeves if that is the case. You will see a label atop the casing as well for any graded comic bookssmile all the rest are raw grade and it is a crap shoot on what each person views as a 7.0, 8.0, and even up to the 9.0's. a lot of people like to think they have the highest grade of 9 but usually they are within the typical lower range of 9 or even in the 8 range as well. This is very normal for most collections; and then it all is based on how the collection has, was, or is taken care of.
4/26/2017
Topic:
missing issues

lealew7
lealew7
this is what the indica shows in my Lady death comic, i've attached the cover listing #17/88 on the bottom. Please anyone, help me figure out exactly how this should be listed since it shows what it says on the coversmile

thanks!
4/28/2017
Topic:
missing issues

lealew7
lealew7
I know that it was added to CPG database once i asked it to be added, but how can it be called something different when it is not listed nor named "The Wicked" anywhere on the comic. It literally says on both the outer and inner cover "lady death: Wicked Ways #1". I can research it by its name and eventually find this exact issue by the name printed on the Comic; what i am trying to figure out is why it is listed here incorrectly? Please, CPG can you explain this? I also Highly doubt Brian Pulido would scam his own comic book, lol smile i am just looking for answers for this one particular comic is all. thankssmile
5/5/2017
Topic:
Why Do YOU Collect Comics?

lealew7
lealew7
Well, my parents bought me Tomoe #1 as my first comic book and both my parents and I realized I took a liking to comic books and I started to collect them on my own for years to follow. Now, they are a common gift for me now because everyone I know; knows that I have a collection that I take pride in and am starting to focus on more specific comics or setssmile I appreciate that my parents took the chance to buy me a comic at 12 yrs old and I never regret a moment spent on them!
5/9/2017
Topic:
How do you categorize signed comics?

lealew7
lealew7
that is going to be completely up to the type of buyer you find. There is no real way to price/value comic books that are signed without proper verification. there are a lot of people you will find that are not into having any markings of any kind on their comic books. there are dozens of posts about this particular topic, hope you find more info out on your comic books thoughsmile good luck
5/31/2017
Topic:
anyone from Washington State? ISO x men

lealew7
lealew7
Fellow Washingtonian here as well from the Puget Sound area! i'd have to go through my lot to see if i have possession of that #94 you are looking for. I have quite a random variety of x-men and other various comicssmile
6/2/2017
Topic:
Why should a regular collector do CGC?

lealew7
lealew7
Even when they are Professionally Graded, yes, they can fluctuate in value through the years. All comics, raw or graded will constantly fluctuate. Whether it is a lot or a little varies on the type of comic it is, if it was ever a Key issue or eventually becomes a Key issue, if the creator/artist/writer/etc become extremely popular, and so on and so forth. Many factors effect the value of any comic book. Yes, it can be worth it to get specific comic books graded if they gain more value, if you are looking to sell, compare to raw sleeved comics because the graded version will be more desirable only because now it is encased and protected in a as good condition as it can be. i hope this was some what helpfulsmile
6/12/2017
Topic:
Missing: Clive Barker's Tapping the Vein

lealew7
lealew7
Has anyone read any of his Books of Blood series? they are quite titillating and graphic but very intriguing.
7/5/2017
Topic:
Should I follow the graded value?

lealew7
lealew7
this will all depend on if you have a graded comic book or not. Raw just means straight from the shelf to your hands. Graded is actually performed through a company that will then encase your comic book and this will raise the value of that comic book. But not all comic books are worth grading or having them graded due to their massive over prints of those issues. Look more for Key issues or First issues for some. Time and experience help you figure out what is worth it and what isn't, but it is always helpful when you can ask opinions from others as well smile Good luck.
7/5/2017
Topic:
Should I follow the graded value?

lealew7
lealew7
that is what it should be, so I've read through out the different forums heresmile CPG tries their hardest to keep up with the values of what is hot and not, but it helps when there is more contribution and activity. Sometimes it takes a little longer to find what you are looking for. Yes, if it is encased, it should give you the exact info you need along with the graded number, example: 9.6 NM which is Near-Mint. If you see anything in here that claims to be a mint 10; be cautious is all. Unless it went straight from printer to a slab with nearly no handling, then yes it counts as a Mint condition. But just FYI it is a mythical item to obtain, lol, but true. again, it all depends on what you choose to collect or if you are looking for very particular issues. Glad to assistsmile
7/7/2023
Topic:
How often are new/variant covers updated?

lealew7
lealew7
I was curious how often New or Variant covers get updated on the site? I have some Lady Death and BRZRKR covers that are not in the system as of yet and I've had them for months now and still no cover options to add into my collection. Also, how does the site determine pricing? I have 1 specific issue that has no pricing, but it took a couple years to add the cover as it was. Thank you to anyone who may be able to help with these questions.

WA_NerdGurl