Metal Covers Messages in this topic - RSS

Draven68
Draven68

2/7/2017

Draven68
Draven68
Has anyone heard of comics with actual metal covers? I have a few and have been unable to find any on here so I was wondering about the collectors value.

Thanks in advance
+1 link
lealew7
lealew7

2/9/2017

lealew7
lealew7
usually they can be found easier when entered as Foil or Chrome covers, that is usually how they are listedsmile i hope this helps. BTW, some of them are worth money, especially if in great condition and belongs to a KEY character or story-line.
0 link
quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker

2/9/2017

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Like Wolverine 145 cover? Can't think of many that are worth much or are a key book.
+1 link
Draven68
Draven68

2/9/2017

Draven68
Draven68
Sorry, I meant actual metal covers like this and not chrome or foil

Attachments:
Metal cover.jpg
+1 link
lealew7
lealew7

2/9/2017

lealew7
lealew7
wow, i love the grimms seriessmile that is fantastic and i wouldn't know first hand how to identify that because there are a rare amount of any comics that actually have a metal cover. this would be my first, lol. I hope you are able to find a way to get as close to an accurate pricing as possible, good luck!!
+1 link
Gilgandra
Gilgandra

2/10/2017

Gilgandra
Gilgandra
Would still agree with Mr. HR (Jokerbangedquinn) Metal, Chromium, Foil-stamp or any other metal style cover...There are no keys that i know of that are worth alot. Some cool ones out there though smile
Although that is a sweet book you have & very cool indeed. May be something that could increase in value over the next few decades or so, Hang onto it.

I'm sure that in the 90's there where a few cover's that had real gold in the ink (or something to that notion) X-men i think.
If you want real collectability...Go for "A Marvel Comics Super Special #1" the famous KISS blood issue, That's if you don't already have it of course.
edited by Gilgandra on 2/10/2017
+1 link
quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker

2/11/2017

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
If I owned the book listed, I'd sell it fast as I can. it is most likely as hot as it ever will be. Even if it is a limited print run doesn't make it a "key" book. Grimm books I've read aren't that interesting. Sell it and get your money while you can. Of course if you like it enough keep it.
+2 link