Topic:
How do I report a wrong cover issue?

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Jesse for the win!
2/7/2018
Topic:
Missing Creators submission link not working?

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
We are aware of this issue that you cannot submit missing creators. Right now, it's fourth or fifth on the list of priorities. I'm guessing that we are 1 week away. If you could just keep a list of creators for now so that we can work on it when the link is back.
2/7/2018
Topic:
SOME SMALL GLITCHES WITH THE NEW CPG.COM

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Ok, I think I can help. When you're looking at "view collection"

If you're deleting all books in a publisher. There is a red x to the left to delete all books within that publisher, like DC or Marvel.

If you're deleting all books in a title. Click into the title so that you can see all issues within a title. There is a small checkbox at the top left that will check all boxes. Then look to the right and you'll see a red box. If you don't see a red box click on the "my issues" tab between "Price Guide" and "for sale". Now it should appear.

We are working on making that appear as soon as you enter that page.
Ron
2/8/2018
Topic:
2018 comic goals for members

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
solarno wrote:
This thread has me thinking....
Comic Book Goals:
  • Buy fewer books. I'm going to be moving probably within a few months and moving the collection is a pain (literally, in my back), plus I don't know how much space I'll end up with in the new place. I suppose this actually means be more selective and only buy titles that really move me in some way, cut out the crossover events, and I probably don't need those variants (unless it's Skottie Young)
  • Reduce the chaff. Speaking of titles that don't move me, it's time to off-load them. That will be an ongoing project though as finding new homes is not always quick.
  • Replace some of the older boxes. A few are pushing 20 years old now. They still work, but are they ugly. Considering some of those shiny new BCW plastic bins.
  • Get caught up on the reading backlog. The need to read stack is also a good tool to determine which titles to drop. If I haven't been compelled to read something for weeks or months, I certainly don't need to keep buying it.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Cheers!
Jim

Jim, moving is the worst especially if you're moving long boxes up and down stairs. We are putting our house up for sale next week and I dread moving. I keep telling my wife. I want to move just once. No double move into an apartment and then into a house. Keep putting your comics in the small boxes instead of long boxes. I've been working on that goal for a while.

Comic chaff. Yeah, we all need to do that. There are books that look so interesting under the lights at the comic shop and then I get home and think why did I buy this?
Ron
2/8/2018
Topic:
Best Superbowl commercial

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
I forgot about the Ram Truck commercial, that was a great commercial. The screaming We Will Rock You song worked perfectly for a bunch of Vikings too. I kept looking for Ragnar and Lagertha from the History Channel's Vikings. smile
2/8/2018
Topic:
"Why Upgrade?" "See full list of benefits" links

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Welcome, Skahtee! That is a problem, but it will be fixed momentarily. This is the link that it should take you to. https://comicspriceguide.com/sign-up

Let me know if you have other issues or problems.
Ron
edited by ronbatman on 3/12/2018
2/9/2018
Topic:
Amazing Spider-Man # 795 sold out pretty quic

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
I heard a similar thing so I paged through Amazing 795 and saw that page. Norman Osborn and Carnage...yeah, that's ugly.
2/10/2018
Topic:
Doomsday Clock bringing back Justice Society

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Based on the recent appearances that you mention, it does seem likely that they are coming back.

Part 2 - What does "correctly" look like to you?
2/10/2018
Topic:
Offer Problems

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Don't worry the seller won't receive any bad marks.

We are working on some changes that involve that area to make things more clear.

Glad that you had a good experience!
Ron
2/12/2018
Topic:
Huge Comic Book Auction Today Only

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Check out the Comics Price Guide Blog for more info.

http://blog.comicspriceguide.com/2018/02/12/huge-comic-book-auction-today/
2/12/2018
Topic:
Huge Comic Book Auction Today Only

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
JokerB, I don't think that I'd call it a "crap shoot" but there is some risk involved. If they knew how to grade and more about comics the first Black Cat wouldn't be mixed in a Spiderman lot. It's the whole risk and reward situation. If the reward isn't big enough, don't bid.

I saw Secret Wars 8, Amazing Spiderman Giant Size 1 and 4, Marvel Team up with the Black costume, 1st Black Cat, Wolverine 1, nice Bronze age Batman's and Detectives. There were a few books that looked like they belong in my collection.

Anyway, have a good one,
Ron
2/12/2018
Topic:
SOME SMALL GLITCHES WITH THE NEW CPG.COM

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
ladybug, I just tried to change the grade of one of my books and it worked fine. Can you send me a screenshot so that I can see your issue?

Man-Bat, I don't think that is going to happen anytime soon. (I know you're not going to like that answer but it's the truth) People can add multiple issues of the same book but they aren't combined. To 99% of the user of the site this is a non-issue. I'm sorry because I know that is important to you.
Ron
2/12/2018
Topic:
Jason's "On the Camino" has wrong title in DB

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Fixed
ron
2/14/2018
Topic:
Amazing Spider-Man # 795 sold out pretty quic

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
There is some speculation going on with this book. If Marvel makes Red Goblin more than a single story, it could take off in value. I know one shop in Indy sold out but I haven't checked the other stores.
A friend of mine recently said if Carnage and Norman Osborn mixed isn't that still Carnage? Logic. smile
2/14/2018
Topic:
Ruk's list-Who has the best collection

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Looks like there's a new player in this game. Go Derrickr go.

I took a look at your collection, you've got quite a mix of comics. Welcome
2/14/2018
Topic:
Possibility of Liefeld getting into the Smithsonia

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Ouch, that was brutal! I'm guessing that you're not a fan of the Obama's, the artists or Liefeld. I don't publically talk about my politics so I'll avoid the parts of that in your post. With half of the US population being on one side and a half on the other, I actively avoid political discussions.

I looked at the portraits and I thought President Obama's looked like him. It's not my taste to have green leaves and flowers growing up behind him but overall it was a good painting. Michelle Obama's portrait wasn't flattering and there were some distortions, I'll give you that one. Liefeld has never been my favorite but he does have one of the big value books and characters of the 1990's. Deadpool.
2/15/2018
Topic:
2018 comic goals for members

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Nice Goals
When I read your #3 I laughed because I put off reading a title when I'm missing one. There can be 11 of the 12 issues and I won't read it.

#4 Conventions are funny things. My favorite conventions have toys, comics, original art, artists, and cosplay. I love talking to artists, watching them draw something and occasionally buying something. Cosplay just intrigues me. People make very specialized costumes, spending months to create something and then showing it off. very cool.

#7 Goal with your son and his first car. Good Parenting! I tinker with cars buy one and work on it for a month or two and then sell it. Nothing big. I'll buy a Miata with a bad top, replace the top for $130 bucks and sell it for $1000 more than I paid for it. Whatever you decide to buy with your son, find a car that has easy to source parts.
2/15/2018
Topic:
Walmart 3 Pack Comics?

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Wow, I had no idea Walmart had so many comics. Guess I need to go see what they have.
2/15/2018
Topic:
Lower Graded Comic Books

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
I did a project here at CPG involving early Amazing Spider-man issues. I compiled hundreds of values from Heritage, Ebay, Comic Link and other places. For books 4.5 and below there was no difference between graded and raw.

My opinion based on my research - CGC is great for high value and mid to high-grade books. Recommended even. However, if you slab something below 4.5 it's for your benefit only, there is no financial reward.

My stats are for Amazing Spiderman and Uncanny X-men. There is room for discussion though, because my sampling was just two titles. (hundreds maybe thousands of books)
edited by ronbatman on 2/15/2018
2/16/2018
Topic:
Old Iron Man Poster

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Can you post a picture of the poster?