Ronbatman

all messages by user

3/1/2018
Topic:
Lower Graded Comic Books

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
From a personal level, I love books that are in the 6.5 to 8.0 range. They are a good value because they look great and they don't cost you a first born child. (My daughter, Olivia, should thank me.)
3/1/2018
Topic:
Buying Comic

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
It is fixed. If you're still having an issue please let me know.
Ron
3/1/2018
Topic:
DC Comics coming to South by Southwest in Austin T

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Are you going? It looks like a great event.

This is the DC writeup for all those near Austin.

https://schedule.sxsw.com/2018/events/OE3382
3/4/2018
Topic:
Price changes that you think need to be made

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Hey Stephen,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention! I checked a couple sources and you're correct we were too low. I've made some general changes to the pricing and I'm going to make more specific grade changes later today. This gets us much closer to the market price.

Keep the price changes coming in!
Ron
3/5/2018
Topic:
Comics Price Guide Updates

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Here is a quick update on the activity here at CPG.
From January 1 to the first of March CPG has over 4000 more visitors PER WEEK, according to Google. So thank you for being a part of this crazy growth.

Our new app is almost complete. We are between 2 and 3 weeks from launch, just in time for convention season. It's amazing.

We were recently mentioned here http://www.thisisinsider.com/how-much-is-my-stuff-worth-2018-3

If you want to keep up with all the fun stuff happening at Comics Price Guide, join our newsletter.

https://www.facebook.com/ComicsPriceGuide/app/123077107711598/

Thank you all,
Ron
3/5/2018
Topic:

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Zeno and Laroo, I've made changes to the issues that you suggested. Thanks for the help.
3/6/2018
Topic:
Spawn

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
It looks like an interesting story with a new, creepy character. Have you seen the preview on Image?
https://imagecomics.com/comics/releases/spawn-282

Welcome,
Ron
3/6/2018
Topic:
Writers of comic movies and buying soon to be key

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Not sure if you realize this or not but your title can be read two ways.

"Writers of Comic Movies coming out" The movie can be coming out or the writer can be coming out.

On to the topic, if they are a collector, I bet that they do. In a similar way, I always think about a great artist who can spend a couple hours and make thousands on a sketch. In both cases, it took a lot of work to get them to this place in life.
3/6/2018
Topic:

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
I've added all the variants for Dark Knight III that were in the cue. There are quite a few, can you link to the one you're talking about?
3/6/2018
Topic:
Writers of comic movies and buying soon to be key

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
I'm looking into the prices right now.
3/7/2018
Topic:
How to Sell Silver Age Collection

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
There are three factors involved in selling any collection, time, money and effort.

You can get the most money by expending the most effort and time to list them on CPG or eBay.
You can use the least amount of time by selling them as one lot to a big-time buyer or store but you'll get less money.
You can list them on eBay as lots which means less time and effort but also less money than selling them individually.

So what do you have and what do you want? (time, money or effort)
edited by ronbatman on 3/7/2018
3/7/2018
Topic:
How to Sell Silver Age Collection

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
^ what he said
3/7/2018
Topic:
The Terrifics

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
I enjoy space-related comics so the Terrifics might be something I'll pick up tonight at my LCS.

On a related note, I just checked the pricing for Spectre 54 (1st appearance of Mr. Terrific) and it's selling well. I made a few price adjustments so that it reflects the current market.
edited by ronbatman on 3/7/2018
3/7/2018
Topic:

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
I made changes to 1E based on the data I was able to collect. If you don't see it, please resubmit it.

To add to the confusion I'm going to reorganize these variants into a different order. Color variant followed by the black and white variant of the same art.
3/7/2018
Topic:
Comic Price Guide as "Go To" for Comic Sales

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Robert, thank you for your well thought out suggestions. We will strongly consider everything you've said.

I have sold on eBay and realize how much money they take. Total fees for my personal sales were between 20 and 25%! (for July 2017- January 2018) That is painfully too much. We have a unique opportunity here because of eBay's greed. Currently, there are tens of thousands of books for sale on CPG and plenty of sales, but we want to expand this. Our short-term goal is to develop a feedback system to build buyer confidence. It would include an automated "responsiveness" evaluation. If someone makes you an offer and you don't respond within 7 days your responsiveness rating will be lowered. We do not plan to implement any kind of percentage. I agree with you completely, percentage kills sales.
Ron
3/8/2018
Topic:
"Recent Prize Changes" -- Bronze Members

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Hey Stephan,
Yes, the recent price changes are limited for bronze members. There was a discussion in our office to completely block bronze members from seeing the price changes but we decided against it. We want to offer bronze members some features to tempt them to become gold members but not a full experience. This is part of that marketing plan. We are grateful for our bronze members and offer a free comic book price guide to them. You can choose to never spend one penny or Euro at Comics Price Guide and we will still provide this service. It's our "gift horse". smile

Regarding the pricing issue, we are trying to make price changes every day to correctly report what the market is doing. Sometimes we nail it and sometimes we miss. The market makes quick shifts especially regarding variant covers and movie releases. On the forum, there is a post for reporting discrepancies. https://comicspriceguide.com/forum/topic12031-price-changes-that-you-think-need-to-be-made.aspx
I personally look at it every day and try to investigate any price issue. Here is my email if you ever want to contact me ron@comicspriceguide.com
I'm glad you're here,
Ron
edited by ronbatman on 3/8/2018
3/8/2018
Topic:

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Expander,
I remember seeing that issue and wondering what to do with it. There are two approaches - one is to give it the $5 divided by 3 value of 1.66. The other approach is to say it's the exact same issue as the regular #7 so why should it be worth less money? Based on sales alone the price of the Walmart 3 pack is worth more than $5.00. (I only found 1 sale that was for $5, the rest were higher)

The price is changed.
Ron
edited by ronbatman on 3/8/2018
3/8/2018
Topic:
9,000 comics to sell.......

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
The easiest way is if you have runs of books, those are easy to load into the system. Otherwise it's individually adding them to your collection then listing them for sale. With any system it takes time to sell that many books so be patient.
ron
3/9/2018
Topic:
"Recent Prize Changes" -- Bronze Members

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Stephan, I understand what you're saying about our values. It's funny someone else on the forum recently complained about the lower grades being worth more than we show. Should we raise them or should we keep them on the old schedule? Before I go into this, I need to apologize for digressing into theory.

Our job as we see it is to report the market not make the market. In years past, certain printed price guides affected the market by speculating and not reporting facts. (Did someone say Wizard? No, not me.) We don't want to guess or speculate that's the collector or investors job.

After researching that specific book the price for mid to low-grade books are in the middle of those two scales.

Whether I agree or disagree with a vg copy selling for $20 is irrelevant. It happened more than once. We were actually talking about the scales this morning and how they need to change for modern books vs Bronze or other ages. Key books vs normal issues. You will continue to see changes that get closer and closer to the real world pricing with all its quirks.
3/9/2018
Topic:
Cover Swipes the list

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Nice work people! I'll start compiling this list but don't let me stop you from continuing....
By the way, Detective 31, Batman 227 is one of my favorite covers. Didn't some of the House of Mystery or Secrets do a similar cover?