https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/rockos-modern-life/1/plwsht
Ron
2/19/2018
Topic:
How to fix errors

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Just go to the "Database missing issue" area in the forum and report it. Someone will check it out and fix it.
Thanks,
Ron
2/19/2018
Topic:
Harbinger vol 1A wrong picture

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Since the trade paperback already exists I just deleted it from the system. Thanks, Stephen!
Ron
2/19/2018
Topic:
Action Comic #1 Cover Swipe

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
I'm thinking about writing an article on cover swipes of the first Superman comic. Which issues can you think of that use that cover?

Cover Swipe List
Underdog #1 (April 2017)
2/20/2018
Topic:

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Collectibleshop, A Google search always seems like the right answer but I want to start a conversation not work alone on a computer. (Can you tell that I like to talk?) Since Overstreet has never been online that would take freaking forever. Do they still publish that? The Pinterest board has some weird ones that I've never heard of. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Man-Bat - That's the issue that I immediately thought about.

Cover Swipe List

Amazing Spider-man #306 (1988)
Spawn #228

Justice Society of America #8
Superman #201 (2004)
Underdog #1 (April 2017)
2/20/2018
Topic:

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Building up the list

Cover Swipe List
Fantastic Four 291 (June 1986) - She-Hulk holding the car
Amazing Spider-man #306 (Oct. 1988) - Spider-man holding the car
Action Comics #685 (Jan. 1993) - Supergirl holding the car

Superman #124 (June 1997)
Superman #201 (2004)
Justice Society of America #8 (Oct. 2007)

Spawn #228 (Feb. 2013) - Spawn holding the car

Underdog #1 (April 2017)
2/21/2018
Topic:
What do you thnk of Marvel's "Fresh Start?"

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
It seems like we are all seeing through the slightly veiled scheme for more #1's. I'm most curious about which books or characters will fade away. In the "excitement" of it all, Marvel will quietly usher some characters to the door, but who?
2/21/2018
Topic:
2018 comic goals for members

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Deadone,
I'm guessing that there are a lot of strange and wonderfully terrifying things in your collection. What is your favorite book? Story? Artist?

I dabble in 70's horror but just the DC and Marvel stuff. Mike Ploog fan as you can tell by my video and article.
http://blog.comicspriceguide.com/2018/02/13/mike-ploogs-best-comic-cover-art/
Although I did pick up an Eerie magazine recently and it was awesome.
Ron
2/21/2018
Topic:
Assistance

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Can you tell me what the books are and I'll look into it?
Ron
2/21/2018
Topic:

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Collectibleshop, yeah I was messing with you about Overstreet. As far as I know, the downloadable version isn't searchable. Overstreet should have gone online 20 years ago but if they had we wouldn't be here at ComicsPriceGuide.
2/26/2018
Topic:
Why are some title's values so grossly overvalued?

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
We care deeply about the integrity of our values and constantly want to improve. That means that some comic books will drop in value and some will rise. With that in mind, I have some good news related to the pricing. I've been given access to change the pricing for any book in our database. (which is a lot) So you can continue to send me proof that a book is incorrectly valued and I will research it and make a decision. Ideally, you will send me links to eBay, Heritage, Comiclink, etc for finished or sold books.

If you're an admin you can change pricing and I'll go into the cue and approve them if warranted.

We are working on breaking apart the graded and raw books so that they will be independent of each other from a pricing perspective. Additionally, the scale that books use is changing based on extensive research, the era of the book and desirability.

I'll add a new post that we can talk about pricing changes.
Ron
2/26/2018
Topic:
Price changes that you think need to be made

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
If you've seen a book going up in value or dropping please submit evidence here or you can send me an email at ron@comicspriceguide.com.

Depending on the number of changes you need to be patient, it takes time to research and confirm pricing. I will do my best.
Ron
2/26/2018
Topic:
Chance of second Avengers-Justice League crossover

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
It would be a fun ride to join the teams together. I'd dig a romance across Marvel and DC lines - like a Hatfields and McCoy's romance. (They weren't related were they?) smile

I didn't ever read the first crossover https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/avengersjla/pmxqh Was it worth reading?
edited by ronbatman on 2/26/2018
2/26/2018
Topic:
What do you thnk of Marvel's "Fresh Start?"

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Several good points Oxbladder but I can't get past, "...Tide Pod eating generation now?" LOL
2/26/2018
Topic:
Buying Comic

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
I just checked on this and it created an error for me as well. We will take care of this very quickly. Sorry for the trouble,
Ron
2/27/2018
Topic:

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Jokerb, you picked a difficult book to price but it was a good challenge. We've adjusted the pricing (upward) to something completely different. As always there are a one or two sales that don't fit because people go crazy for an auction but after research, this is an accurate picture of the market.
2/27/2018
Topic:
Variant issues

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
When the new version of CPG launched we did not get rid of any information that was stored in our databases. You don't have to resubmit any of the variants that you've already done.

As far as timeframe goes that depends. Currently, there are 1500 variants that need to be researched and confirmed. That takes a long time because we want to make sure that it isn't a duplicate. For example, Walking Dead #1 has over 50 variants for that one book. Sorry that I can't give you a better idea.
Ron
2/28/2018
Topic:
Cover Swipes the list

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Recently, I wrote an article and compiled a list of tribute covers to Action Comics #1. http://blog.comicspriceguide.com/2018/02/21/action-comics-1-tributes-and-awards/

It got me thinking about other cover swipes or tribute covers. Which tributes come to mind? At a minimum list 1 original and 1 tribute or if the original is already listed 2 tributes. You can add to what someone else started.

Amazing Fantasy #15
- Amazing Spider-man #252

Amazing Spider-man #300
- Spawn #227
- Spider-Gwen #1 variant

Detective Comics #27
- Detective Comics #473
- Batman New 52 #24 NYCC variant

Let's see how long we can make this list
3/1/2018
Topic:
Variant issues

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Let me explain our ranking system and then you'll understand my answer better. Anyone can submit data to our website, cover price, quality cover scans, published date (not release date), artist, writer, etc. However for the information to appear without an asterisk it has to be confirmed with 10 points. So someone who is a 4 ranking needs one or more people with a total of 6 to confirm his or her entry. This is part of the checks and balances in our system. We find a lot of errors in this step.

Someone who has never submitted information to CPG will have a ranking of zero. The more things you confirm https://comicspriceguide.com/verify-data or submit to CPG, the higher your rank. The higher your rank, the more trust you earn within the system. If you see someone with a 10 ranking they are an admin or work for CPG.

On to your question, anyone can submit a cover scan or variant scan but it has to be confirmed by an admin. Missing issues and missing variants are in a different area. For the record, CPG admins are amazing and incredibly knowledgeable. (myself excluded smile )
ron
3/1/2018
Topic:

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
You can keep track of all the price changes on this page. https://comicspriceguide.com/value-changes

That page lives within your profile (upper right corner) but it's a few clicks in.