Possibility of Liefeld getting into the Smithsonia Messages in this topic - RSS

colbalt91
colbalt91

2/14/2018

colbalt91
colbalt91
If anyway was watching the news when the Obamas had their White House portraits displayed and saw what passed for artwork due to affirmative action, then it should be very apparent that Rob Liefeld could someday have his artwork also displayed at the Smithsonian. Apparently the Obamas picked two black artists and paid the price. The news media is having a hilarious time making fun of the pictures. Michelle Obama's is so bad and out of proportion that news reporters have been shown on the street displaying a photograph of the portrait and nobody being able to guess who it is. I did see one woman make a wild guess due to the big arms that were out of proportion saying that Michelle Obama also had big arms. So when next you see Rob Liefeld artwork, remember he could be the next Picasso.
edited by colbalt91 on 2/14/2018
edited by colbalt91 on 2/14/2018
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

2/14/2018

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Ouch, that was brutal! I'm guessing that you're not a fan of the Obama's, the artists or Liefeld. I don't publically talk about my politics so I'll avoid the parts of that in your post. With half of the US population being on one side and a half on the other, I actively avoid political discussions.

I looked at the portraits and I thought President Obama's looked like him. It's not my taste to have green leaves and flowers growing up behind him but overall it was a good painting. Michelle Obama's portrait wasn't flattering and there were some distortions, I'll give you that one. Liefeld has never been my favorite but he does have one of the big value books and characters of the 1990's. Deadpool.
0 link
quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker

2/14/2018

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Wow....
0 link

2/15/2018

I agree with Ron, politics aside... Art is subjective. You're going to like what you're going to like.

Rather than putting down someone's work, why not celebrate the fact that someone liked their work enough to commission a piece?

P.S. The Smithsonian put out a book of comic art (1938-1955) - quick google search. Maybe Liefeld will make the next one?
0 link
Laroo42
Laroo42

2/15/2018

Laroo42
Laroo42
Weird, my post is listed as a guest? But I'm logged in to my account?!?
0 link