SOME SMALL GLITCHES WITH THE NEW CPG.COM Messages in this topic - RSS

anstettoman
anstettoman

2/5/2018

anstettoman
anstettoman
TRYING TO REMOVE A QUANTITY OF BOOKS FROM MY COLLECTION I CAN X A GROUP OF BOOKS AT THE TOP OF THE FORM HOWEVER WHEN I WANT TO REMOVE THESE I DON'T SEEM TO HAVE A CHOICE IN HOW TO REMOVE THEM ALL BUT HAVE TO REMOVE THISE SINGILY CAN YOU HELP??

hAVENT TRIED TO ADD BOOKS TO MY COLLECTION HOPEFULLY THIIS WILL NOT BE A PROBLEM
THANKS AGAIN
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

2/5/2018

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
When you open your collection and it's divided into publishers there should be an X to the left of each publisher. If you click that, it will delete all.

Adding books works fine, so no concern there.
Ron
0 link
anstettoman
anstettoman

2/6/2018

anstettoman
anstettoman
not trying to remove all of a publisher
example " marvel" don't want to remove all
just some random avengers books, mighty, secret etc.
anyone else having this problem??
0 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

2/7/2018

kds_comics
kds_comics
Removing a "run" of comics in a specific title could be a useful tool.
I believe the programming is more complex than it looks.
0 link
anstettoman
anstettoman

2/7/2018

anstettoman
anstettoman
kds_comics wrote:
Removing a "run" of comics in a specific title could be a useful tool.
I believe the programming is more complex than it looks.

didn't used to be so tough the thought of removing books individually seems a daunting task. When you are selling books keeping you stock up to date is critical and though it is easy to add books not too sure I am missing something on removal of a small handful to a chunk of a run.
maybe a mod can chime in and give me some hope.
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

2/7/2018

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Ok, I think I can help. When you're looking at "view collection"

If you're deleting all books in a publisher. There is a red x to the left to delete all books within that publisher, like DC or Marvel.

If you're deleting all books in a title. Click into the title so that you can see all issues within a title. There is a small checkbox at the top left that will check all boxes. Then look to the right and you'll see a red box. If you don't see a red box click on the "my issues" tab between "Price Guide" and "for sale". Now it should appear.

We are working on making that appear as soon as you enter that page.
Ron
0 link
ladybug5753iey
ladybug5753iey

2/11/2018

ladybug5753iey
ladybug5753iey
I'm currently having trouble editing single issues from "My Collection". When you add an issue, it automatically goes in as a 9.4, but when I go to click on Edit, the "no" red circle with the line through it appears. I can click on the other options, but not Edit. I've used it many times since the Format change, but it hasn't worked in the last week..
I've been buying a lot more comics on eBay lately, and committed to entering the correct grade, price, etc., so this glitch is slowing me down....
0 link
Man - Bat
Man - Bat

2/11/2018

Man - Bat
Man - Bat
Still waiting for the guide to combine issues of the same grade together in the my issues section. The lack of this feature has slowed me down on adding books to my collection.
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

2/12/2018

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
ladybug, I just tried to change the grade of one of my books and it worked fine. Can you send me a screenshot so that I can see your issue?

Man-Bat, I don't think that is going to happen anytime soon. (I know you're not going to like that answer but it's the truth) People can add multiple issues of the same book but they aren't combined. To 99% of the user of the site this is a non-issue. I'm sorry because I know that is important to you.
Ron
0 link
Man - Bat
Man - Bat

2/17/2018

Man - Bat
Man - Bat
Ronbatman wrote:

Man-Bat, I don't think that is going to happen anytime soon. (I know you're not going to like that answer but it's the truth) People can add multiple issues of the same book but they aren't combined. To 99% of the user of the site this is a non-issue. I'm sorry because I know that is important to you.
Ron

Another CPG letdown, no surprise there I've gotten use to that over the last three years. Although it's hard to believe I'm the 1%, maybe the 99% don't understand the issue? For example...when Amazing Spider-Man 300 was first released I bought six copies let's say two are 9.6, three are 9.4, and one is a 9.0. When I go to the Price Guide Section it will show one Image and tell me I own Six Issues. In the My Issues Section this example takes up six line items instead of just three (The way it use too) by combining the issues with the same grades.I am not a dealer just a collector who has been enjoying comics for a long time.Too bad CPG gave me hope that this feature was coming back with the New CPG with telephone and E-Mail conformation, asked me to be patient but assured me it was going to return.By the way, I wish I would have bought six ASM 300's back in the day only got two.
0 link

2/18/2018

I can feel your pain Man - Bat.

I buy comics at actions and resell any duplicates beyond two copies and I think what you're suggesting would be a great feature.

I have an idea for how to solve this issue(maybe.)

Now I know your primary focus is hardly on sales but I think this could help.....

Is it possible to set up a dealer/seller style of account whereby you have features specifically oriented towards the selling/trading side of cpg?
One that sales/trades are the main focus wherein one could "stack" multiple issues of similar grades like an ebay listing would allow you to list say 30 of one item, showing quantity available = 30 (or what ever the #of issues) allowing you to add your multiples and then view them in a single space in the "my issues" column. Likewise have it so you can switch between your private collection and your sales. I would definitely use such a feature if it existed.

OR.... (this is more for someone like KDS_COMICS)

Maybe set up the my collection feature in such a way that if you list a comic for sale it's not shown as part of your collection but rather on a totally separate page?

Just spit-balling here to see if there's a way to make this site better.....

Lemme know what y'all think
0 link
expander
expander

2/18/2018

expander
expander
I got booted again....... not "guest" that was me

EDIT... ....and I buy a lot of my comics at auctions not "actions" lol
edited by expander on 2/18/2018
0 link
Man - Bat
Man - Bat

2/18/2018

Man - Bat
Man - Bat
expander wrote:
I got booted again....... not "guest" that was me

Thanks for the support expander!!! And what I'm suggesting was a feature that was taken away after the Big Crash of CPG years ago, I've been trying to get it brought back ever since to no avail.Maybe more people can jump on the band-wagon and this feature will return.
edited by Man - Bat on 2/18/2018
0 link
ladybug5753iey
ladybug5753iey

2/18/2018

ladybug5753iey
ladybug5753iey
Ronbatman wrote:
ladybug, I just tried to change the grade of one of my books and it worked fine. Can you send me a screenshot so that I can see your issue?

Thanks! The issue has ceased. It was about a week that it was giving me a problem.....

Ron
0 link
expander
expander

2/19/2018

expander
expander
@MB

Ah the good ole days! I still miss the old forums. I've been trying to get on here more often but I get so sidetracked by things that need done offline. I usually hop on after work in the morning. I'm glad to see there's more activity recently, but I fear it will never be the same.
0 link
Man - Bat
Man - Bat

2/19/2018

Man - Bat
Man - Bat
@expander

Yeah, the good ole' days! When the guide worked great and did everything it advertised. When the forums had more discussions about comics and members collections.Now after two relaunches the CPG still does not include features that made me want to join in the first place!!! And the forums have become more about missing issues and problems with the site.If the CPG wants to be great again bring all those great features back!!!
0 link
anstettoman
anstettoman

2/21/2018

anstettoman
anstettoman
still having a problem with the site as far as removing a # of books from a particular run for example amazing Spider-Man I sold somewhere near 40 books i had listed in the site and i want to remove random books from my amazing Spider-Man books I can click the check box in the left hand side near the issue i want to remove under my collection, and click all of the books i am trying to remove however when i look for a remove all (just of the books I've checked there is no option, and if i hit one of the remove issue from the list of books i have checked off it will only remove a single issue. then the site has to reload after deleting from my collection and can take a significant amount of time. there has to be a beter way as this is very frustrating and was not a problem before the upgrade. thanks again
0 link