Ronbatman

all messages by user

1/26/2018
Topic:
Thoughts on the new Mister Miracle?

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Mister Miracle is definitely worth reading. You never really know if he is trying to escape a trap or if it's his life. The opening scene for issue one is shocking and the relationship between he and Barda is well developed. It should be noted that it is a mature title because Barda and Scott are a couple. (if you know what I mean)
1/26/2018
Topic:
Display Case

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Love your Amazing Spidey Collection RixMaxx. Very nice
1/28/2018
Topic:
Trouble Finding Batman:

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
I think I can help...

Search for Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, click on the 1989 to 2007 series. Just above the first issue you will see 3 boxes - Monthly, Annual, and Specials. If you click on Specials you will find those books. They were a part of the Legends of the Dark Knight series.
Ron
1/29/2018
Topic:
Question on Golden Age Book

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
comfan wrote:
I have a Yellow jacket comics #7 printed in January 1946. It has only one staple in the middle of the book with holes or other signs of any other staples. My questions is this a defect or something common of age an if a defect how bad of one?

Clarification - Did you mean, "no holes or other signs of any other staples"?
1/29/2018
Topic:
2018 comic goals for members

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Can I comment on your goals before sharing mine?

About your 4th goal - A few years ago, I had 4 pieces of original art framed when Michael's had a 1/2 off framing sale. I put them under UV glass to protect them. That was one of the best things I've ever done with my collection. Comic book people are visual people so getting to see my favorite pieces made me happy. Plus it easier for non-comic book lovers to appreciate my passion for the hobby. The typical response is something like, "That's amazing". I would move that goal up the list.

My goals
1. Continue moving my comics from long boxes to short boxes. Easier to handle and organize.
2. Continue working on my Neal Adams collection. I have all Neal Adams' drawn Batman, need 11 Detectives, 4 Justice Leagues. The Adams' House of Mystery and House of Secrets books are so hard to find in VF and above. Since Neal did mostly DC, the Avengers and X-men books are usually very expensive. Patience Ron patience.
3. This is a bit weird. A few months ago I became obsessed with finding a certain cover. The cover is super common but I didn't realize it until recently. It shows one hero carrying another hero. (Crisis on Infinite Earths 7, Avengers 49, etc) I call it the carrying cover and so far I have bought 31 examples of it. So if you see one let me know. Since I'm the writer for the CPG blog you'll hear about it eventually.
4. Buy some key books that I really like. On the list, Captain America 110, Conan the Barbarian 1, Amazing Spider-man 50, Invincible 1, House of Secrets 92, bought Detective 400 last week! Yay!
5. Don't let my wife know how much I spend on comics. #lifegoals
1/29/2018
Topic:
Do I have a test copy or variant cover.not modern

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
A picture would help but I don't think they made any variants of that book. If the colors are significantly different it could be a printing error. More common in the 70's than now. Here is a link to a cgc post about it. https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/413764-sun-fade-or-printing-error/
1/29/2018
Topic:
Going from collector to investor

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
If you're only looking to invest, then I would change rarity for desirability. The first appearance of Deadpool isn't rare but it's very desirable. Just a thought
1/29/2018
Topic:
Cannot Remove/Delete

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Dylman, I just deleted it and there is no penalty. smile
1/30/2018
Topic:
Question on Golden Age Book

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
That would be a production error if there are no other holes in the book. If you were getting it graded by CGC you might request a "qualified" grade. I've seen that before in older books but it's not what I would consider common. I hope that helps.
Ron
1/30/2018
Topic:
head-rush/jokerbangedquinn back issues

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
I like the mix of books, serious collector issues like Fantastic Four 48, Wolverine 1, and then the Funky Phantom. Based on what kids read at the time, the Funky Phantom is probably really difficult to find in that condition. Have you checked the census on that?

That Conan picture is fuzzy maybe you should consider selling it. (to me) smile

Looks like you added a great lot of books to your collection. Congrats
1/30/2018
Topic:

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Batman 156 is one of the first carrying covers. I'm missing that one but not for long. I've been bidding on copies of that issue for a month now. soon. Its funny Tomb of Dracula has SEVEN carrying covers. They seem like victims instead of heroes though.

Harley and Poison Ivy by Timm? Dude, that needs to be displayed! Joker's Reckoning has that crazy angle that makes you stare at it. Very cool
1/30/2018
Topic:
New to Grading - stuck on this issue Hansi

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
First of all, the subject matter. Wow, that is a creepy cover.

It looks like the fold at the bottom breaks color on the girl's dress. The upper left corner is missing or folded. The lower right corner is rounded. The ink on the price. The ink and the color breaking fold are the big issues in an otherwise beautiful copy. A 7.5 can have a color break fold but then there's the ink. My best guess is 6.5 to 5.5.
1/30/2018
Topic:
missing from all listed

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Is this the issue you're looking for?
https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/americomics/1_special/sbqyov

Ron
1/31/2018
Topic:

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Kitdog, 15 missing issue from a set of 280+ is impressive. I always get excited when I add a book that connects a run. Do you collect everything with Spawn or just the regular title?

Does it seem ironic to anyone that Kitdog has some holes in his Punisher collection? Wherever Punisher is there should be holes. smile

I'm missing 7 issues of Batman from issue 191(May 1967) to today. Missing issues are taunts to a completist.
2/1/2018
Topic:
New to Grading - stuck on this issue Hansi

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Laroo42 knowledge is power.
2/1/2018
Topic:
Print Want list

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
There is another thread on this same topic. It has been fixed because we do care about keeping our customers happy. Please take a look through the recent threads and you'll see this trend. We are really trying to make this site awesome. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Ron@comicspriceguide.com
2/2/2018
Topic:

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
When you get down to just a few issues missing of a title do you get excited because it's so close or worried because they are the hard to find issues?
2/4/2018
Topic:
Best Superbowl commercial

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
The Superbowl is getting ready to start but let's focus on the important stuff...commercials. What is your favorite commercial?
2/4/2018
Topic:
Best Superbowl commercial

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
The Tide set of commercials was fun and Eli/Beckham dirty dancing ad was hilarious.
2/5/2018
Topic:
SOME SMALL GLITCHES WITH THE NEW CPG.COM

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
When you open your collection and it's divided into publishers there should be an X to the left of each publisher. If you click that, it will delete all.

Adding books works fine, so no concern there.
Ron
1234 ..117