2/16/2016
Topic:
That Jerk's Stuff

Robbie
Robbie
aarondawe wrote:
Oxbladder wrote:
Robbie wrote:
Subby & the Cosmic Cube!?! That's neat. Why didn't I know about that one?
Did you notice, the last few issues of Super-villain team-up were published annually... what's the point in once a year for a series...

Well, How many months late was Secret Wars? How about Afterlife with Archie, The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, and The Sheild? All are supposed to be monthly or bi-monthly and are months late. There are countless others. So having a book come out once a year isn't too bad. Not my thing but it is better than saying something is supposed to be coming out on a fairly regular schedule and not meeting that schedule.

Except that SVTU states 'annually' in the indicia. That's pretty weird. I wonder what the story is behind that one?
Aaron

If they claim "annually", then how late can they be before you have to figure the series is cancelled? smile

#15 says "re-presenting"... wait a year for a reprint? How sad. Though that Doom vs Skull cover is worth the price of admission. There aren't enough covers with them.
2/18/2016
Topic:
Musing on Conan.

Robbie
Robbie
Savage Sword of Conan is usually fun reading. Non-code so there's more blood (& occasional mild nudity). In b&w you don't have the problem of blood being a weird color.
2/18/2016
Topic:
Has Anyone Seen This? 2.0

Robbie
Robbie
Gilgandra wrote:
Robbie wrote:
There's a Daredevil Season 2 trailer smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5_A0Wx0jU4

Mar 18 is the release date.

I haven't even seen season 1 yet & holy crap that looks awesome.

Punisher does look awesome. He's clearly insane, but I see where he's coming from. smile

Season 1 was great. It's gritty but not brooding and gloomy.
2/18/2016
Topic:
Interesting auction find

Robbie
Robbie
Laroo42 wrote:
Hey,
I have a friend who collects error covers and will typically pay more than guide.
Just saying...
Dave

I have a small collection of them. Maybe it's not really a collection - they aren't in the same box.

I also have a funny animal comic from the 40s that has one 'leaf' (one piece of paper, 4 pages) from a different comic - a war comic in Spanish. I think that's pretty interesting too. That probably lowers the value because the story is incomplete.

Got a comic or three published with a missing staple - not interesting or cool.
Different types of printing/production errors are fun because it pulls back the curtain a bit.
2/18/2016
Topic:
Great comic find :)

Robbie
Robbie
Gilgandra wrote:

bow Well done!
Once CGC'd he could probably buy another new house Lol.

pix of the original find would have been good.
A nice grouping of the high-end Marvel silver keys. If the bf was the original owner, then they might be a candidate for a HA/CGC pedigree auction. They have customers who love "found in the wild" copies of the top ten in unrestored 5.0 of better.

I want to see a picture of the AF#15. Is it a $7,000 book or a $50,000 one? From the story, it doesn't sound like the next million dollar copy. Even ones rolled up for bug swatting and used as a coaster are still worth a few $K.

Nice find. I hope you're able to save those poor superheroes and get them to market. smile
2/18/2016
Topic:
Hello from one of the new guys...

Robbie
Robbie
Gilgandra wrote:
Canadian Boarder wrote:
Good luck indeed... if I didn't have a wife keeping me in line I'd be spending a lot more!

Feels good to be back though. Nothing like leafing through Previews getting ready to place your order!

I enjoyed doing that too back in the 90's...after my 10 yr hiatus i'm now to afraid to look at it Lol.

Hi Gil,
I didn't know you're on hiatus. Me too. smile Shortly after Civil War my unfiled longboxes of new comics got out of control
2/23/2016
Topic:
Adored by millions? Become a forum Moderator!

Robbie
Robbie
Never seen an email id with a comma in it. They generally have a dot.

Or is that a test? Anyone not smart enough to figure out the real email is disqualified from being a mod smile

Hi Shadow.
2/23/2016
Topic:
400 dollars

Robbie
Robbie
I like older comics.
$400 could get an early-ish X-men, Spidey or Avengers. It's almost enough to get a Timely superhero book, it always feels special to add one of those pre-code beauties to the collection. Cool
2/24/2016
Topic:
WHAT'S HOT, WHAT'S NOT

Robbie
Robbie
spruce wrote:
What are some under the radar books that you guys have been hearing about?

Hey spruce, glad to see you here. smile

Labyrinth was also a Marvel Comics Super Special issue. It's $70 now... Is it just because of Bowie? Is it partly because it has become a cult classic movie? Something will be next. Don't know what 'cause it's under my radar.

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2015/12/15/paramount-hasbro-to-unite-g-i-joe-rom-and-micronauts-in-one-universe/

How about a movie Universe with Transformers, GI Joe, Micronauts, ROM, M.A.S.K, and more? If that doesn't tank something will get hot.
Right?
2/24/2016
Topic:
Gilgandra Back Issues 2.0

Robbie
Robbie
Neil made a new Sandman series. How cool is that?
2/26/2016
Topic:
Spiderman #16 find for a steal

Robbie
Robbie
Sweet score - well done smile

A couple years ago, I paid $1 for an ASM#16 in Good Minus.
A fun read and an early Marvel x-over.
2/26/2016
Topic:
Great comic find :)

Robbie
Robbie
Borys13thchampion wrote:
I hope everyone can see that smile To me anyway , its pretty awesome , the only comic really bad is the Journey into Mystery. The rest are 5+ and the Avengers #1 is in pretty good shape , but i dont want to jinx myself . There is a comic con near where i live and and Stan Lee will be there , so i was wondering , would it be better to get them signed if i could , then CGC them ?

If you want that, then you want them CGC'd while at the con. When CGC witnesses the signing, then it's a yellow label "Signature Series" stating the date and location of the sig. People like those and go crazy when it is a key that Stan actually wrote. (see your photo for examples. smile )

If Stan signs them and you send them in later, then its a "Qualified" grade with a green label and a note that there's writing on the cover. The yellow label adds lots of value. Buyers trust that yellow label as proof the sig is legit.

CGC also verifies the comic isn't restored. Buyers with serious money want to be sure big ticket books aren't restored (purple label). That can cut the value in half.

Not a cheap process. That would make them easy to sell.
Those are real nice.
2/26/2016
Topic:
Spiderman #16 find for a steal

Robbie
Robbie
JarheadJedi wrote:
What does Good minus mean? Is that the grade it had?

Yeah. About a 1.5 (out of 10). Someone might had it rolled up in their back pocket while playing baseball.
2/28/2016
Topic:
Have Comic Books Peaked In Market Value?

Robbie
Robbie
Comics that are expensive because they are the hot current thing will mostly drop or crash. I think a lot of the new comics will be less than cover price in 10 years. And most of the comics that were in 4/$1 boxes 10 years ago are $1 ea or more.

The movies have a lot to do with the increased awareness. Disney will stop or scale back their MCU as soon as three of their superhero movie in a row lose money. Then people will stop buying new comics faster than new fans are added...

Western comics are mostly crashed.
Lots of the funny animal books are in low demand.
2/29/2016
Topic:
CROW'S NEST

Robbie
Robbie
Oh wow... Sharp.
I've always loved that cover. Nice choice for a Stan sig Cool
3/1/2016
Topic:
Listings don't include Laugh-A-Lympics

Robbie
Robbie
LoisLane242 wrote:
Laugh-A-Lympics / Summer Sports Special 1978 / #3 originally sold for $1.25 not included in listings

laff-a-lympics?

Are you talking about "The Funtastic World of Hanna Barbera" #3?

http://comicspriceguide.com/collection/marvel/funtastic-world-of-hanna-barbera-the-treasury/3/pcpsov

That's a fun treasury-sized Marvel.
3/1/2016
Topic:
Please welcome our newest Moderators!

Robbie
Robbie
shadow wrote:
CapnDoug and Kairi are now moderators!
Feel free to direct questions, compliments, and complaints their way.

Welcome! smile

Thanks for volunteering, guys. Cool
3/1/2016
Topic:
Gilgandra Back Issues 2.0

Robbie
Robbie
Gilgandra wrote:
Robbie wrote:
Neil made a new Sandman series. How cool is that?

It is very cool Robbie.
I missed out on the floppies but the Deluxe HC was sufficient enough Lol.

I did buy the regular hardcover.
Tried to buy the regular issues, but I missed a couple... sigh... smile
3/2/2016
Topic:
CapnDoug's Back Issue Discoveries

Robbie
Robbie
DD#131 is the 1st Bullseye. It's a perfect 1st app cover and a pretty good read. I think you want to find a slabbed copy. Then you can have a nice one and one for reading smile

otoh; if you don't dig the story, then that one is fine...

Yep, that collection was a sweet score.
3/2/2016
Topic:
Have Comic Books Peaked In Market Value?

Robbie
Robbie
Will the current teens and 20s want comics in the distant future?
It's an interesting point. Right now they mostly don't care about physical stuff. Gigantic collections of movies, music, games... all downloaded or on the cloud. Will they want real world stuff when they get old?
1234 ..8