Spiderman #16 find for a steal Messages in this topic - RSS

JarheadJedi
JarheadJedi

2/26/2016

JarheadJedi
JarheadJedi
Hey team,

New to the site and been collecting for a few years now. Been mostly collecting Deadpool and X-Men but I found online someone selling 6 comics which one I noticed to be Spiderman #16 where he fights DareDevil. I looked on here and the top graded one goes for a few grand so I look forward to seeing what shape it is in.

Here is the kicker, $2 is what I paid for all 6 including a Hulk comic that looks old but not sure what issue. I don't think the person knew what they had...Anyone else have some stories like this? Now I will post a pic when I get it cause from what I hear around here. No pic=it didn't happen haha.

Suffice to say I am in a good mood.smile smile smile
0 link
pthomas2010
pthomas2010

2/26/2016

pthomas2010
pthomas2010
JarheadJedi wrote:
Hey team,

New to the site and been collecting for a few years now. Been mostly collecting Deadpool and X-Men but I found online someone selling 6 comics which one I noticed to be Spiderman #16 where he fights DareDevil. I looked on here and the top graded one goes for a few grand so I look forward to seeing what shape it is in.

Here is the kicker, $2 is what I paid for all 6 including a Hulk comic that looks old but not sure what issue. I don't think the person knew what they had...Anyone else have some stories like this? Now I will post a pic when I get it cause from what I hear around here. No pic=it didn't happen haha.

If you get what you say, that's great. I want to see what you actually receive.
0 link
pthomas2010
pthomas2010

2/26/2016

pthomas2010
pthomas2010
JarheadJedi wrote:
Hey team,

+1 link
JarheadJedi
JarheadJedi

2/26/2016

JarheadJedi
JarheadJedi
I am interested to see what the Hulk comic is to be honest, that has me excited. Depending on what it looks like, I may get the CGC to grade the spiderman but me being from outside the US I am unsure how hard it is to do and how much it costs.

pthomas2010 wrote:
JarheadJedi wrote:
Hey team,

0 link
Robbie
Robbie

2/26/2016

Robbie
Robbie
Sweet score - well done smile

A couple years ago, I paid $1 for an ASM#16 in Good Minus.
A fun read and an early Marvel x-over.
0 link
JarheadJedi
JarheadJedi

2/26/2016

JarheadJedi
JarheadJedi
What does Good minus mean? Is that the grade it had?
0 link
Robbie
Robbie

2/26/2016

Robbie
Robbie
JarheadJedi wrote:
What does Good minus mean? Is that the grade it had?

Yeah. About a 1.5 (out of 10). Someone might had it rolled up in their back pocket while playing baseball.
0 link
JarheadJedi
JarheadJedi

2/26/2016

JarheadJedi
JarheadJedi
Nice, I am looking forward to seeing what this is like. As well as the others!! I will post some photos so then people can give me their thoughts. I mean it was $2 so I am not going to be disappointed. haha
0 link