Hello from one of the new guys... Messages in this topic - RSS

Canadian Boarder
Canadian Boarder

2/14/2016

Noticed there wasn't any sort of intro section so I figured I'd post here to say hello!

I'm a fairly avid collector who took some time away for the past couple years while I focused on developing my gaming website. It's tough being a nerd with multiple things that I love! The site has turned out great, we cover reviews, editorials, previews, news etc and I have around 40 writers now so things are looking aces.

Now that it's up and running though I can veer back to my comic book passion which is awesome! After diving back into my long boxes recently I got really stoked to hit up the shop and get the sub box going again. Picked up a few hundred bucks worth of stuff on Wednesday and started playing catch up!

Anyhow, hello to everyone and I look forward to being active on the board!

Cheers,
Shawn
+1 link
Oxbladder
Oxbladder

2/14/2016

Oxbladder
Oxbladder
Howdy Shawn!
0 link
Gilgandra
Gilgandra

2/15/2016

Gilgandra
Gilgandra
G'day Shawn, Welcome to the boards.
0 link
wchever
wchever

2/15/2016

wchever
wchever
Hello, Shawn! I took a couple years off myself and a lot has happened. Trying to catch up myself, so good luck!

Bill
0 link
Canadian Boarder
Canadian Boarder

2/17/2016

Good luck indeed... if I didn't have a wife keeping me in line I'd be spending a lot more!

Feels good to be back though. Nothing like leafing through Previews getting ready to place your order!
+1 link
Gilgandra
Gilgandra

2/17/2016

Gilgandra
Gilgandra
Canadian Boarder wrote:
Good luck indeed... if I didn't have a wife keeping me in line I'd be spending a lot more!

Feels good to be back though. Nothing like leafing through Previews getting ready to place your order!

I enjoyed doing that too back in the 90's...after my 10 yr hiatus i'm now to afraid to look at it Lol.
+1 link
Robbie
Robbie

2/18/2016

Robbie
Robbie
Gilgandra wrote:
Canadian Boarder wrote:

I enjoyed doing that too back in the 90's...after my 10 yr hiatus i'm now to afraid to look at it Lol.

Hi Gil,
I didn't know you're on hiatus. Me too. smile Shortly after Civil War my unfiled longboxes of new comics got out of control
0 link
Gilgandra
Gilgandra

2/18/2016

Gilgandra
Gilgandra
Robbie wrote:
Gilgandra wrote:
Canadian Boarder wrote:

Hi Gil,
I didn't know you're on hiatus. Me too. smile Shortly after Civil War my unfiled longboxes of new comics got out of control

Not currently on Hiatus...was between 2001 -2011.
Did not start to buy new books up until just 1 -2 years ago (Tex & Ox got me back into it) Just bought back issues before that.

It was the best thing i ever did, Wasn't by accident either. I had 24-26 news books ever month in the late 90's (all the X-men & spider-man books, Vertigo & was buying HC's,TPB's, Prestige formats, Posters (not many) Etc...It was crazy.

I fell sick & ran out of cash & said "that's it" no more crap!
I didn't think of a Comic in all those years, Until i saw Hulk #182 sitting on the bench of my LCS (which sadly has just closed down due to Digital comics selling more than the hard copy's) in 2011. The rest is history!
edited by Gilgandra on 2/18/2016
0 link
shoggoth80
shoggoth80

2/25/2016

shoggoth80
shoggoth80
Having decided to re-indulge this hobby, I can somewhat empathize. I took a break, and a fairly lengthy one, from actively seeking out stuff. This means that there was plenty that I missed on. Lol. Catch up is expensive. There's a couple key titles that I've tossed on subscription...but the rest is mostly prestige format stuff, and collected graphic novels. It's all fun.
+1 link
netstuffers
netstuffers
Administrator

2/29/2016

netstuffers
netstuffers
Administrator
Hi, I like your name.

Welcome!
- Shawn
0 link
Canadian Boarder
Canadian Boarder

3/2/2016

You even spell it the right way! haha

netstuffers wrote:
Hi, I like your name.

Welcome!
- Shawn
0 link
jamestkubin
jamestkubin

9/25/2016

jamestkubin
jamestkubin
Hey there!

I'm new as well and wanted to say Hello and Welcome! I have always collected comics but never had a huge collection. I always kind of read them then got rid of them, but I still have some lying around and some that I put up for sale in the classifieds. I'm hoping to expand my collection and also meet some new folks on here! Take care and WELCOME!

~James
0 link
Renojim
Renojim

10/2/2016

Renojim
Renojim
Hello all
New guy here joined yesterday.
Mainly a Marvel fan working on Spiderman right now.
Renojim
0 link
netstuffers
netstuffers
Administrator

10/3/2016

netstuffers
netstuffers
Administrator
Welcome Renojim smile
0 link
expander
expander

10/3/2016

expander
expander
welcome to the new folks!

hope you hang around for a while, you're in good company. (birds of a feather y'know)
0 link