Ronbatman

all messages by user

1/16/2018
Topic:
Question About Profile Picture/Avatar

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Welcome! When you sign into the site, look in the upper right corner. If you click on your username a large white box will appear.
There are 6 tabs at the top and 3 tabs at the bottom of that white box. The middle tab at the bottom is "account settings", click on that.
A new page will open and you will see "profile picture". There you can add your picture.

Let me know if you have questions.
Ron
1/17/2018
Topic:

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Let me look into this from our end and see what's going on. With our recent site update we've had a few minor issues but according to Google Analytics the site is much faster. That was one of our goals. Give me a day or two to work on this.
1/17/2018
Topic:
Why are some title's values so grossly overvalued?

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Defiant1, if you check the box "remember me" it will keep you logged in. Basically, the site resets everytime we upload a change, by clicking the "remember me" button it will keep you logged in.
1/17/2018
Topic:

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
We just fixed the avatar problem, as you can see from my new avatar.
1/18/2018
Topic:
Why are some title's values so grossly overvalued?

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
That's a great question. I've opened a discussion with the person in charge of all our pricing, Rick, but we haven't come up with a good solution yet. I don't want to surprise him with several pricing requests. So if you have any pricing problems, discrepancies just send them to me. ron@comicspriceguide.com When we come up with a better solution (a submission form maybe?), I'll update all of you. Hopefully in the next day or two.

Blatant Newsletter Plug - If you want to keep up with all of our upcoming changes please join the newsletter https://www.facebook.com/ComicsPriceGuide/app/123077107711598/
1/18/2018
Topic:
Display Case

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
We worked on the display case and adding a new profile image yesterday. Sounds like there might still be some issues.
1/18/2018
Topic:
Infinity Gauntlet in Comics and Marvel Movies

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
If you have time and inclination I'd love for you to read my latest blog post on the CPG blog. With all the Marvel movies building up to this moment, you need to be ready for Thanos putting on the gauntlet.

http://blog.comicspriceguide.com/2018/01/18/the-infinity-gauntlet-in-comics-and-the-marvel-movies/

Where do you think the orange Soul Stone will be revealed? Black Panther Movie? Avengers: Infinity War?

Which stone would you choose? (1 per person unless you're Thanos)
1/19/2018
Topic:
Infinity Gauntlet in Comics and Marvel Movies

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
jokerbangedquinn wrote:
Enjoyed your blog. Also enjoyed reading the value stamp stories, learned a lot.

Glad you liked it. If you have any other topics you want to see on the blog just let me know. I actually love doing comic book research.
1/19/2018
Topic:
Walt Disney's Lady and the Tramp with Jock (1955)

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Is this it?
https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/lady-and-the-tramp-four-color/629/pjuqlr
1/22/2018
Topic:
Is Journey Into Mystery 109 Worth Investing In?

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
If you're looking for something to invest in, I would say no. It might go up a little but not enough to be an investment.

If you're looking for issues to fill in your collection. Then it might be worth it for you.
R
1/22/2018
Topic:
BCW Comic Book Bins

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
It depends on the size of your collection but those boxes would be great for a showcase box. I wouldn't mind having a few of them.
1/22/2018
Topic:
ASM #10 CGC 7.5

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Whenever you can pick up a higher grade Amazing Spider-Man within the first 10, I think it's a great investment. Even if it's not a huge bargain now, it will be. Over time key Amazing Spider-man's always go up.

Is that your best book now?
Ron
1/22/2018
Topic:
Problem with offers

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
We found this issue over the weekend and it's now fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ron
1/23/2018
Topic:
Display Case

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
It's interesting to see what everyone's best issues are...love it. Some of you have RIDICULOUSLY good collections!
edited by ronbatman on 1/23/2018
1/23/2018
Topic:
ASM #10 CGC 7.5

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Sounds like you have some great books. I just looked at your collection overview, 9000 issues from Marvel alone! wow! You should put some of those great issues in your display case so that we can see them. (I need to put books in my display case too) You can put 24 issues in the display case now.
1/23/2018
Topic:
Marvel Legacy

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
It's in the database now. The new pricing needs to be approved but it's there.
1/24/2018
Topic:
Display Case

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Two things
I'd love for you to look at my display case, just to check it out. You might understand the "RonBatman" name a little better.

Secondly, we made a change to the display case. It now holds more of your books to showcase. Currently, I have 36 issues in my display case but it holds 48. Boom! I was playing with my display case and realized how fun it was so we upped the fun factor.

When you add scans in, the site will pick the 48 most expensive issues.
Ron
edited by ronbatman on 1/24/2018
1/25/2018
Topic:
Display Case

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
When I was uploading my pictures anything above 4.1 or 4.2 MB failed. I exported them as a jpg with high quality and that shrunk them down below 3 MB. If you have editing software you could shrink the size of the picture as well.
1/25/2018
Topic:
Display Case

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
solarno wrote:

Silly question,
How does one see another user's display case from the forum? When I click on a forum username I only get a page with basic forum stats. Do you have to search for the user in the price guide itself?
Hopefully I'm just being blind.

Also, 48 books, woot!

Cheers!
Jim

You can see someone's display case by going to the community page - then Members. Then search for the member name, RonBatman. Then click on it and it should show my display case, full collection, want list, sales list, and eBay listings.

We could try a link too. https://comicspriceguide.com/members/ronbatman
1/25/2018
Topic:
Pictures Not Loading

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Since I know that several people are uploading pictures for their display case, the system is working. My first suggestion would be to decrease the size of the picture to something below 4MB. Try that and let me know.
1234 ..117