Thoughts on the new Mister Miracle? Messages in this topic - RSS

stevegreer1
stevegreer1

10/9/2017

stevegreer1
stevegreer1
Personally, I think DC FINALLY got it right. I have been a huge fan of Mister Miracle since I first started collecting. Mister Miracle (Vol 2) #7 was one of the first comics I bought. Picked it up right off the rack in a K&B drug store (Anyone remember those?) and immediately was hooked. I have read all of the issues in Volume 1. Kirby did good overall, but I still felt it was lacking. Volume 2 I came to realize suffered from the same silliness as Justice League America/Europe during that time frame, but I still loved them. Volume 3 was decent, though too short-lived. However, I have been completely blown away by the art and writing in Volume 4. It's billed as a maxi series, but I am hoping DC takes it further.
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

1/26/2018

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Mister Miracle is definitely worth reading. You never really know if he is trying to escape a trap or if it's his life. The opening scene for issue one is shocking and the relationship between he and Barda is well developed. It should be noted that it is a mature title because Barda and Scott are a couple. (if you know what I mean)
0 link
Oakiwon
Oakiwon

5/29/2020

Oakiwon
Oakiwon
I've got a complete set of the first volume, Kirby art. Curious if there's demand as I am about to sell.
0 link