Draven68

all messages by user

2/7/2017
Topic:
Metal Covers

Draven68
Draven68
Has anyone heard of comics with actual metal covers? I have a few and have been unable to find any on here so I was wondering about the collectors value.

Thanks in advance
2/9/2017
Topic:
Metal Covers

Draven68
Draven68
Sorry, I meant actual metal covers like this and not chrome or foil
6/12/2017
Topic:
REM 8 Raw #1

Draven68
Draven68
01. TITLE: REM 8
02. PUBLISHER: JP Roth
03. COUNTRY PUBLISHED: USA
04. COUNTRY PRINTED: USA

05. ISSUE #: 1
06. COVER PRICE:
07. DATE: 2014
08. ISSUE NOTES: Bluerainbow exclusive
09. PRINT RUN (If Known or Listed):
10. ISBN/ISSN# (If Listed):
11. URL TO COVER SCAN (If Available): (see website)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/REM-8-1-Basaldua-Raw-Edition-CGC-SS-9-8-Ebas-/322541694229?hash=item4b18fbad15:g:1pEAAOSw32lYzVvX
6/13/2017
Topic:
Publisher Silverhawk Productions

Draven68
Draven68
For 2 days I have received the response:

Data currently unavailable. If error persists, please contact site administrator

I was trying to find the comic Lady Pendragon limited edition #1
6/14/2017
Topic:
Missing Shi Sempo #1 Platinum cover

Draven68
Draven68
01. TITLE: Shi Sempo

02. PUBLISHER:
http://comicspriceguide.com/titles/shi-sempo/pmspj

03. COUNTRY PUBLISHED: USA
04. COUNTRY PRINTED: USA
=====================================================
05. ISSUE #: 1
06. COVER PRICE:
07. DATE: 2003
08. ISSUE NOTES: limited to 850
09. PRINT RUN (If Known or Listed):
10. ISBN/ISSN# (If Listed):
11. URL TO COVER SCAN http://comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=263269
7/4/2017
Topic:
Zombie Tramp

Draven68
Draven68
Rather obscure comic but I've been watching the prices on eBay for the last 8 months and the price guide here seriously under quotes for what they're selling. Yes, I understand that buyers demand dictates the value of comics but if you do a search on sold comics on eBay you'll see my reasoning.
7/6/2017
Topic:
Zombie Tramp hardcover

Draven68
Draven68
The photos for both need to switch
ZOMBIE TRAMP (DANGER ZONE) HARD COVER #1

ZOMBIE TRAMP (DANGER ZONE) HARD COVER #1A (Risque version)

You'll notice when you see it
7/12/2017
Topic:
selling my collection?

Draven68
Draven68
Yes, it may be more time consuming and making multiple trips to the post office but from what I've seen, I agree with Crowman in that eBay is the best option out there while cutting out the middle man who understandably also wants and needs to make a profit. Sell your non key comics in lots and this way it'll allow other collectors the opportunity to acquire their missing issues while still bringing in cash to you. It's probably already been noted somewhere on this site but keep in mind when posting your comics, the grading of your books. Negative feedback from buyers for over grading can detract from the money you could get in future sells.
1/22/2018
Topic:
Posting missing comics/variant covers

Draven68
Draven68
Is there an approximate time frame when we are given the capability to again submit for missing comics? I had submitted a few before the update and can't see where they're at in regards to being verified nor do I have the ability to add others I've purchased.
1/29/2018
Topic:
Going from collector to investor

Draven68
Draven68
I've been leaning more towards investing and I know one of the best investments are in first time appearances of characters. Through majority of my life I've always been drawn to the artwork on the covers and comic over the story line which to much of my dismay, a major hit or miss on having any additional value after purchasing. When you are looking into investments, what are the 3 most important things you look for in a comic?

Now that I'm trying to invest, mine would be:

1. 1st appearance
2. quality/grade of comic
3. rarity
1/29/2018
Topic:
Going from collector to investor

Draven68
Draven68
Ronbatman wrote:
If you're only looking to invest, then I would change rarity for desirability. The first appearance of Deadpool isn't rare but it's very desirable. Just a thought

Thanks, bought this one when it first came out. Unfortunately only got a 9.0 when I had it graded by CGC
2/27/2018
Topic:
Variant issues

Draven68
Draven68
I've been adding multiple variant covers that included photos and I was just curious what the general turn around time frame for them to be confirmed? I ask because many were sent in prior to the new version of CPG.
3/2/2018
Topic:
Variant issues

Draven68
Draven68
Again much appreciation with your quick and concise reply. I knew about the ranking and how to increase it but didn't realize that only ADMIN can confirm variant covers. Considering the amount coming out lately I can imagine everyone's hands are even busier! They saw enough potential in you to make you ADMIN as well. Hang in there and eventually you'll prove them right. 😉

edited by Draven68 on 3/2/2018
3/6/2018
Topic:
Writers of comic movies and buying soon to be key

Draven68
Draven68
The thought just crossed my mind that these writers would have a great jump on the gun in regards to the characters they're going to be putting into their movies, generally a year in advance. If said movie does well, the first appearances in comics for those particular heroes or villains would sky rocket! Do you think they take advantage of this? I know I would
edited by Draven68 on 3/6/2018
3/6/2018
Topic:

Draven68
Draven68
Thanks for the clarification Ron, fixed the title.

Considering they have the ability of purchasing the key issues cheap or even out of the dollar bin and the potential for a major increase, it's kind of hard to imagine them not doing it. As the most recent example, Jungle Action #6 just jumped from $32.00 to $120.00.

As a side not to your request for prices being off, I sent you an email yesterday. Just wanted to make sure you received it.

Again thanks
3/6/2018
Topic:

Draven68
Draven68
Much appreciated
3/8/2018
Topic:

Draven68
Draven68
1. I agree and that makes perfect sense... at least for those writers that actually pay attention to the comics and don't try to 'fix' anything.

2. If it weren't for the fact that there are so many key/first appearance issues out there for each series, I would say yes. I can understand doing that if you had the knowledge of a movie soon to be released (like Spawn) but still to search all key issues would be a rather daunting task. That is unless someone has the knowledge and capabilities to do any easier than I'm imagining it can be done?

Additional thoughts always welcomed
3/10/2018
Topic:
I need your help on a hot comics list!

Draven68
Draven68
Thanks for the contribution Ron. Other than adding comics as they become known as key issues, I don't know how you would improve it.

FYI, Your link didn't work with these:
Tales of the Teen Titans #44 (July 1984) – 1st Nightwing
Thanos Quest #1 (Sept. 1990) – Thanos obtains infinity gems
Uncanny X-Men #266 (Aug. 1990) – 1st Full Appearance of Gambit
X-Factor #6 (July 1986) – 1st Appearance of Apocalypse
3/15/2018
Topic:
9,000 comics to sell.......

Draven68
Draven68
Just an idea, because you have so many why not add an entire series/run and then going in afterwards and deleting the ones you don't have and increasing the amount of copies you do.
4/5/2018
Topic:
Comic covers by artists and not limited "variants"

Draven68
Draven68
While looking through my collection, I realized through out the time I've been buying comics (going on 30 years) I often bought comics, not because I necessarily liked the story line or first appearances but the fact that the cover drew me to purchasing it. My question is, do you know if comics have gone up considerably based specifically on the cover artwork? I'm not including the limited variants, i.e 1:10, 1:20, 1:50..... but just the regular cover done extremely well. If so do you have any examples? I know one example is the first artwork and cover of Jim Lee in Uncanny X-men #248, it jumped quite a bit and I was just curious if there were others.

Thanks
1234 ..7