9,000 comics to sell....... Messages in this topic - RSS

Canadaguy59
Canadaguy59

3/8/2018

Canadaguy59
Canadaguy59
How do I load a complete collection of 9,000 comics to CPG if I get a Gold Subscription?

Thanks
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

3/8/2018

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
The easiest way is if you have runs of books, those are easy to load into the system. Otherwise it's individually adding them to your collection then listing them for sale. With any system it takes time to sell that many books so be patient.
ron
0 link
radiotto
radiotto

3/9/2018

radiotto
radiotto
Yeah, CanadaGuy, I have over 6,000 in my collection, and I had to enter them one series at a time, and in some cases one issue at a time.

It felt REALLY damn good when I completed the process though!!
+2 link
Dylman
Dylman

3/9/2018

Dylman
Dylman
Believe it or not, I'm in the process of scanning every book I own. Granted it is only about 1000 books, but I thought it would be cool to have actual uploaded images for all of my books. Am I nutz? Yes. Yes I think I am. I am at about 860 or so right now... Too much time on my hands I guess.
edited by Dylman on 3/9/2018
0 link
quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker

3/9/2018

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Dylman, how many on average a day do you scan? Getting to the 860 mark is fantastic. When I scan my books when saving I put the title and number down of course but would add what I paid. Cool when you look back and see the price paid years later.
+1 link
MikeKn
MikeKn

3/11/2018

MikeKn
MikeKn
Ronbatman wrote:
The easiest way is if you have runs of books, those are easy to load into the system. Otherwise it's individually adding them to your collection then listing them for sale. With any system it takes time to sell that many books so be patient.
ron

Bummer. I've got 6600+ issues and I was really hoping there was a bulk import feature.

Any thoughts/plans to add something like that?
0 link
Draven68
Draven68

3/15/2018

Draven68
Draven68
Just an idea, because you have so many why not add an entire series/run and then going in afterwards and deleting the ones you don't have and increasing the amount of copies you do.
0 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

4/3/2018

kds_comics
kds_comics
MikeKn wrote:
Ronbatman wrote:
ron

Bummer. I've got 6600+ issues and I was really hoping there was a bulk import feature.

Any thoughts/plans to add something like that?

As noted below - it can be easier to delete rather than add. If you have 50 or more issues of the 150 issue series Marvel Team Up - likely it will be better add the whole run and then delete the ones you do not have. Or as noted - you can enter a run - if you are missing a few issues you can do a secondary operation to delete these.

The plus side of CPG is you can enter a grade and a price paid for each issue. On the other hand, you are not alone in asking admins for import feature. There is a definite need for this. I can create and/or edit a list in a spreadsheet way faster than on this site. Even if this is just a spreadsheet by title or by publisher that would be great - just give us the format to adhere to.

One more vote for admins to re-look at import feature - that would be me.

KDS
edited by kds_comics on 4/3/2018
edited by kds_comics on 4/3/2018
0 link
Oxbladder
Oxbladder

4/3/2018

Oxbladder
Oxbladder
Dylman wrote:
Believe it or not, I'm in the process of scanning every book I own. Granted it is only about 1000 books, but I thought it would be cool to have actual uploaded images for all of my books. Am I nutz? Yes. Yes I think I am. I am at about 860 or so right now... Too much time on my hands I guess.
edited by Dylman on 3/9/2018

Then I must have even more time on my hands I am at about 5000 or so scanned. Some are on my website and another 3500+ on my computer waiting to be processed and uploaded. 11000+ to go.
+1 link