Variant issues Messages in this topic - RSS

Draven68
Draven68

2/27/2018

Draven68
Draven68
I've been adding multiple variant covers that included photos and I was just curious what the general turn around time frame for them to be confirmed? I ask because many were sent in prior to the new version of CPG.
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

2/27/2018

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
When the new version of CPG launched we did not get rid of any information that was stored in our databases. You don't have to resubmit any of the variants that you've already done.

As far as timeframe goes that depends. Currently, there are 1500 variants that need to be researched and confirmed. That takes a long time because we want to make sure that it isn't a duplicate. For example, Walking Dead #1 has over 50 variants for that one book. Sorry that I can't give you a better idea.
Ron
+1 link

3/1/2018

Thanks for the quick reply Ron. Do you need to have a particular rank in order to assist in confirming these covers?
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

3/1/2018

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Let me explain our ranking system and then you'll understand my answer better. Anyone can submit data to our website, cover price, quality cover scans, published date (not release date), artist, writer, etc. However for the information to appear without an asterisk it has to be confirmed with 10 points. So someone who is a 4 ranking needs one or more people with a total of 6 to confirm his or her entry. This is part of the checks and balances in our system. We find a lot of errors in this step.

Someone who has never submitted information to CPG will have a ranking of zero. The more things you confirm https://comicspriceguide.com/verify-data or submit to CPG, the higher your rank. The higher your rank, the more trust you earn within the system. If you see someone with a 10 ranking they are an admin or work for CPG.

On to your question, anyone can submit a cover scan or variant scan but it has to be confirmed by an admin. Missing issues and missing variants are in a different area. For the record, CPG admins are amazing and incredibly knowledgeable. (myself excluded smile )
ron
+1 link
Draven68
Draven68

3/2/2018

Draven68
Draven68
Again much appreciation with your quick and concise reply. I knew about the ranking and how to increase it but didn't realize that only ADMIN can confirm variant covers. Considering the amount coming out lately I can imagine everyone's hands are even busier! They saw enough potential in you to make you ADMIN as well. Hang in there and eventually you'll prove them right. 😉

edited by Draven68 on 3/2/2018
0 link