Xvipah73
Xvipah73
That's what you get for being a snitch! smile
5/28/2021
Topic:
Verify page 'nope' field messed up

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
All joking aside, I'm getting the same, or at least a similar, error when I try to mark an issue as "for sale". Just get that same error above without the option of listing it or even queueing it up.
6/1/2021
Topic:
Verify page 'nope' field messed up

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
It is fixed now. Though I don't know why.
6/7/2021
Topic:
Looking to buy collections

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
I'm selling a whole bunch of my comics off. Lots of 80/90's stuff mostly. You can see what I have up for sale in my listings, be happy to do some bulk shipping if you want it. That's just a small part, just started on the first 2-3 longboxes a few months ago.
6/12/2021
Topic:
The Nice House On The Lake

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
Tynion is on fire right now. Everything he touches is gold.
6/14/2021
Topic:
Help finding value of my comics

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/fathom/skry

Adding value of signatures is a bit subjective. Some people add 10% to value, some more. If they are graded and verified, perhaps even more.
6/16/2021
Topic:
The Nice House On The Lake

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
I have a full set coming (John Giang trade dress, minimal, and virgin). Waiting on those.
6/19/2021
Topic:
Help needed choosing perfect issue for signing

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
If this is for your personal collection, pick whatever issue means the most to you or whatever cover you like the most (I would assume though that you'd want one with Loki in it, preferably on the cover).

If this is for sale, I'll tell you honestly, most folks don't want celebrity signatures on their comics, they want the comic creators (artists, writers, etc...). That's not to say there is no market for Celebrity signatures, but you'd need to pick carefully. An issue directly related to one of the movies or something like that. Or something like "Vote Loki" #1, those kinds of things.
6/22/2021
Topic:
Not able to fix a mistake made adding fields

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
I was just updating an issue I own, and I went to add the "letterer" and i accidentally clicked the editor field instead. But, there's no way to go back and fix that once the field has been clicked. What are our options for something like that? Just take the miss and move on?
6/22/2021
Topic:
Not able to fix a mistake made adding fields

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
Thanks, that worked. Good to know there is an option to fix it. smile

Theoldcollector wrote:
Xvipah73 wrote:
I was just updating an issue I own, and I went to add the "letterer" and i accidentally clicked the editor field instead. But, there's no way to go back and fix that once the field has been clicked. What are our options for something like that? Just take the miss and move on?

You should be able to go into the help verify data area and find the book that you made the mistake on and fix it. I think.

https://comicspriceguide.com/verify-data
6/24/2021
Topic:
So You Want to Sell Your Comics?

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
Welcome to the site and the forums!

"Grading" does not just mean sent to a 3rd party and encapsulated. All comics have some sort of grade. Un-encapsulated comics are called "raw". So, when you go to list your comics for sale, your best bet is to take some of the advice from earlier in this thread and learn, at the very least, the rudiments of grading. That way you can give an approximate grade for each of your comics. You'll find most people, if you list a comic at 8.0 and it's actually a 7.0->7.5 won't care too much. The exception to that rule is very high value comics. But for regular issues, just learn how to grade and do your best.

Dudz wrote:
Good Morning all.

Just joined, so thanks for the acceptance, because I too have comics I'm also trying to sell because I'm not a collector.

I have run through some of the questions and answers here, which has given me some insight into what I need to do but I have some other questions too.

I have noticed some sellers list their comics with a grading determination in the listing yet the comic is not encapsulated in plastic with a grading companies name or number. how do they grade their comics?

Is it more enticing to a potential buyer when a listing says "ungraded", so a bulk buy would be cheaper or even negotiable, rather then a bunch of graded comics which would obviously be higher in price? In this scenario, the buyer might hit the jackpot or maybe make nothing above the sale price?

edited by xvipah73 on 6/24/2021
6/25/2021
Topic:
PriceGuide.com Comic Book Collection IMPORT Option

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
I don't know the answer to this. But I do want to say that that would be a kickass feature.
6/27/2021
Topic:
Cult Of Dracula 2

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
Looking at the indicia, everything says Source Point Press.
6/27/2021
Topic:
Cult Of Dracula 2

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
It doesn't say. It just says Cult of Dracula #2 2021, no month.
6/27/2021
Topic:
Cult Of Dracula 2

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
So, the SPP version of Cult of Dracula #1 was published in March 2021.

Not sure of they're considered a "competitor" or not since I really only use them as a database, not for prices.

But CLZ has the published date of #2 as 04/28/21
edited by xvipah73 on 6/27/2021
6/28/2021
Topic:
New to grading

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
They get graded the same way. Staples are usually inside, so all the pages are stapled together, then the cover is glued on. So you can still check for rust, etc...
6/28/2021
Topic:
B at the end of comic numbers

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
There's usually the issue number then various letters and combinations of letters to demote the variant or version. So it might be 121a and 121b one is direct the other newsstand. You might even have a C that is, like, the Dynamic Forces variant or something like that.
6/29/2021
Topic:
New to grading

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
If you send it in to CGC or CBCS, they will open it. They have to to check for damage inside, completeness, etc...

Dudz wrote:

Thanks for that.

I had another look at the comic I was referring too and I would not trust myself or a grading company to really open the comic to search for staples unless they use an x-ray machine so I did a test with a pin pointer.

A comic with staples sets the pin pointer off and this comic does not go off so it is bound with no staples at all.
7/3/2021
Topic:
Determining "current" value of comics

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
I do the same thing, I use here, eBay sold prices, and sometimes MCS sold prices to get at least a fairly good idea of what a comic may be worth/going for.
7/4/2021
Topic:
Mystic #6 wrong published date

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/mystic/6/phuuhx#details

Date should be December 2000 not December 1992