Help needed choosing perfect issue for signing Messages in this topic - RSS

Tigerrose1981
Tigerrose1981

6/19/2021

Tigerrose1981
Tigerrose1981
I am brand new to the "official" collecting world, but I loved collecting and reading comics as a kid with my dad. He was born in 1949 and he blocked collecting and reading comics when he was young and has quite a collection of old comics from the seventies. I was born in 1981 and he got me into comics as a kid and we would read his old comics as well as starting a new collection of my own to add to his and most of those consist of late eighties and early nineties comics. As adults we both love the Marvel and DC movie and television world as well. When he was diagnosed with cancer in 2013 watching all these movies together was very special when watched them all. He died in 2014 and the comic collection that we started with his old comics and mind remained in the attic in my mom's house until just recently when I brought them home with me. As a kid Thor and fantastic for were my dad's favorites so those are what I grew up reading the most stuff but now I love all the series in DC Marvel!

Because I am brand new to this whole grading and this ink and collecting world I definitely need help. There is an upcoming signing with CGC going through till July 15th 2021. I wanted to pick the best Thor issue to have Tom hiddleston signe but I have no idea which would be the best and which would be the most valuable issue for him to sign. Most of the issues I have of Thor are from my era in the late eighties early nineties but I have a handful of issues from the seventies and I know the condition of those probably need some help but with an addition of an autograph and possibly some pressing I think if I pick the right issue it could be very valuable. I would like to take my entire collection of comics down to Sarasota Florida to CGC to have help determining which ones are worth getting graded and im determining which ones would benefit from being pressed and/or restored before grading. I've been researching and trying to learn about the grading process and trying to determine which of my issues are the most valuable and trying to figure out their worth but because I am so new to this it is overwhelming and hands on help is the only way I think I can do it properly.

Sorry for such a long post I thought it would be best to know where I'm coming from But the most immediate question I need answered is in regard to picking the perfect issue for Tom to sign and sending it. So I am asking for any and all suggestions and advice from my new found comic collecting friends....YA'LL ARE YHE EXPERTS!! thank you for taking the time to help me! I look forward to this new journey!! God Bless!
+1 link
Xvipah73
Xvipah73

6/19/2021

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
If this is for your personal collection, pick whatever issue means the most to you or whatever cover you like the most (I would assume though that you'd want one with Loki in it, preferably on the cover).

If this is for sale, I'll tell you honestly, most folks don't want celebrity signatures on their comics, they want the comic creators (artists, writers, etc...). That's not to say there is no market for Celebrity signatures, but you'd need to pick carefully. An issue directly related to one of the movies or something like that. Or something like "Vote Loki" #1, those kinds of things.
0 link
Draven68
Draven68

6/24/2021

Draven68
Draven68
In all honesty, with the way prices for comics are fluctuating, even here they're having issues updating all the changes. I recommend going into eBay, looking up the title and number for each of your comics and looking at the "SOLD" auctions. From there you can get a general idea as to what the current price is for each comic. From there you can evaluate each of your comics, look at the condition and determine if it's worth your time and money to get it cleaned, pressed, signed and graded.
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

6/24/2021

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
"I would like to take my entire collection of comics down to Sarasota Florida to CGC to have help determining which ones are worth getting graded and im determining which ones would benefit from being pressed and/or restored before grading."

That's not something they would do. Grading comics is a big business and they don't make time for things like this which would take a lot of time.

When starting off, just pick a couple of books that you think are high grade or value. Send them off to get cleaned and pressed then to CGC. We can press and clean any book for $10 and in less than 2 weeks. Check CGC and you'll see that their lead time for pressing is months. https://comicspriceguide.com/forum/topic15739-comic-book-pressing-and-cleaning.aspx
Ron
0 link