Xvipah73

all messages by user

3/31/2021
Topic:
Batman #255

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-255-DC-100-Page-Super-Spectacular-March-April-1974-Neal-Adams-Cover/143925564255?hash=item2182a1d35f:g:vEQAAOSwfWtf~dvf

That's a 9.0 for $22. While Ebay is far from the be all for pricing, it is an indicator. By that indicator I don't think $145 for a 9.2 is a reasonable assumption.
3/31/2021
Topic:
Batman #255

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
Well, almost all grading is subjective. The seller may or may not have overgraded, but the buyer paid for it as a 9.0, regardless. smile
4/1/2021
Topic:
Comics for sale

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
Here:
https://comicspriceguide.com/sales/xvipah73/all-titles

Ebay:
https://comicspriceguide.com/comic-books/eBay/xvipah73

Just figured I'd boost a signal a little. Nothing major being sold, just "stuff"
4/3/2021
Topic:
Feature request - Sales and want lists addition

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
Not sure if this is the forum for this.

But this post got me thinking, and looking, at the issues I have for sale:
https://comicspriceguide.com/forum/topic16065-what-are-people-looking-for.aspx

The advice is to reach out to people who have your issues on their want list. That actually makes sense to me, and I'd be willing to do so. Except, when I go to my sales and pull up the issues I have for sale, who it is wanted by is not listed there for ease of use. If I want to see who has it on their want list I have to go to the actual issue in the database and go find them there.

So, the request is, can we get the "issue is wanted by" tab added to our active sales listings along with being on the page for each individual issue. That would certainly make things far, far easier for sellers.

Thanks!
4/4/2021
Topic:
Jedi Vs. Sith #1

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
That's not all that surprising. Just cause there are Silver and Bronze keys that are expensive doesn't mean there aren't low print run, in-demand, coppers and moderns that are worth thousands. There's a whole lot of more current comics out there that people are paying ridiculous prices for. From New Star Wars Series, to stuff like Miles' and Spider-Gwen's first appearance, even to stuff like Punchline's first appearance, though that hasn't hit the thousands yet.
4/4/2021
Topic:
Jedi Vs. Sith #1

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
lol
4/4/2021
Topic:
Jedi Vs. Sith #1

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
I feel like I need a good meme here. Something along the lines of *Old man shakes fist at cloud* :P

The comic industry values have been skyrocketing for a year or two. They ARE worth that much, because people are willing to pay that much. Just cause you don't like it doesn't make it any less true. All the flippers and such have come in and inflated the market, and this is what it costs to do business now. Especially on the "hot" properties like the various new Star Wars series, Something is Killing the Children, Ice Cream Man, and so on.

I, personally, would never pay 1k+ for that book. But that's because I'm in to the Star Wars comics really. If that's the market though, then I'd do it if I had to for a comic I want...
4/4/2021
Topic:
Jedi Vs. Sith #1

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
There is definitely bound to be some adjustment to the market sooner or later, I also doubt it can keep up this level of craziness. It'll be interesting to see what that does and how it goes.
4/8/2021
Topic:
How do we cancel a buy in the marketplace here?

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
A little background:
I made an offer on a book, it took pretty much the entire 7 days allotted for the seller to acknowledge and accept. Once he did accept, I sent an email asking how to pay and what the total was, it took 3 days and me sending a second email to get an answer of "I invoice, send me your PayPal address" which I did immediately. It has now been another 2 or 3 days and I've heard nothing. So, how can I just cancel this and move on? There have to be sellers who are actually interested in money out there. smile
4/8/2021
Topic:

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
Theoldcollector wrote:
Can you cancel it under the manage offers out or manage limbo sections?

No, looks like there's only 3 buttons/options:
Past Due (which this sale is because I have no idea who/what to pay)
Mark Received
Contact Seller

It was added to the Limbo Box on the 2nd, today is the 8th. So there's your timeline of my flailing in the wind. smile
4/8/2021
Topic:

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
Ohhhh, I thought all that did was sort of hide it from view. Like a "if I can't see it it's not there" sort of thing. smile I didn't realize that was an actual cancel button.

Thanks!
4/12/2021
Topic:
Moving Overseas

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
I don't know if this link will be allowed, so we'll see. mycomicshop has a basic guide on how to prep long boxes for mailing/shipping. I'd guess prepping them for moving like that might be similar:
https://www.mycomicshop.com/webuycomics/howtoshiplongboxes
4/18/2021
Topic:
Emma Frost Mini Series

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
You're partially right. Some of the big keys, etc... are definitely climbing so fast that CPG (and other price guides) can't even begin to keep up. But I sell a lot of stuff on Ebay that's just "normal stuff" non-key, non GA/SA, regular old issues, and the prices here are pretty close. This does seem to be an anomaly though, unless there's some MCU speculation around Emma being one of the first Mutants we see or something?

Jimmyt35 wrote:
Never trust this site for pricing. Anyone using the prices here to price their books to eBay will be selling for way less than what they could have gotten if they just use eBay sold prices instead.
4/18/2021
Topic:
Emma Frost Mini Series

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
Maybe not, she's certainly been a major player in the comics for years now.

This conversation got me curious. The rumors (as of 5-6 months ago) are saying Lady Gaga may play her in the films. If that's the truth I think that covers why the comics are spiking like that.
4/21/2021
Topic:
New Feature Related to Store Exclusives

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
That's awesome functionality. How do we make suggestions for other stores, etc...?

Like https://antiherogallery.com/
4/21/2021
Topic:
Comics going up in price

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
If you go in to the issue, specifically click on the issue number. You can go to the value tab. If you have the option then in the upper right, above "Graded Value" is a button called "Suggest Value Update". If you hit that button you can follow the prompts and suggest updates as needed.

I don't do it often, I know Ron and his staff are doing their best to keep up with the trends. But, for glaring stuff (major keys mostly) I will. I did ST #110 a few weeks ago. And even since I suggested it, I see the prices flying higher already.
5/19/2021
Topic:
Naming the Comic Book Ages

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
Steel Age. To go with all the steel/faux steel covers and names.
5/21/2021
Topic:
Naming the Comic Book Ages

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
I've changed my mind. Not Steel Age, Foil Age smile
5/25/2021
Topic:
Cult Of Dracula

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
https://cultofdracula.com/preorder/

The Source Point Press one is the newest (like, 1 and 2 are out right now) and from a larger publisher.. I think this one is more of an indy comic from last year.
edited by xvipah73 on 5/25/2021
5/25/2021
Topic:
Cult Of Dracula

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
Funny part is, the guy with the messed up face on that 1st cover, is also in the new one. So maybe they're the same somehow? Or a remake by a bigger publisher?

Or it's just a similar interpretation of one of the characters from the original story. Cause both seem to be based on the actual Story. To include Van Helsing and such.
1234 ..14