Xvipah73

all messages by user

9/25/2021
Topic:
Dealing with A Seller that accepts offer then.....

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
LOL

I wish I could unsee all of this.
10/2/2021
Topic:
Incorrect "miss"?

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
I know misses are not that big a deal really, and they go away. But I just saw I got a "miss" on Kingpin #6 - https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/kingpin/6/shxrmw being published in Dec 2003. Thing is, according to comics.org, that is the published date, apparently 5 & 6 were both published in Dec 2003 for some reason.
https://www.comics.org/series/11920/details/timeline/
edited by xvipah73 on 10/2/2021
10/7/2021
Topic:
Squid Game

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
I finished it last weekend. I liked it a lot. If you can look past the gore and bloodshed it's a pretty interesting take on people/psychology, etc... And the story, while maybe a little predictable, is really well done.
10/9/2021
Topic:
Regular Old Books

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
The Wheel of Time series is amazing. I've read it a number of times, and a new show is coming out this year on Amazon for it.

I read all non-comics the the time. Mostly Fantasy/Sci-Fi but other stuff now and again as well depending on my mood.
10/9/2021
Topic:
Regular Old Books

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
I do use GoodReads.

I got interested in fantasy by The Hobbit. But the real hook was the original Dragonlance series. To this day still one of my favorites. I've met both the authors as well and they are amazing people.

If you read the Wheel of Time. Just know that it gets a little slow/sloggy in books 4-8 or so. The story and such are amazing in 1-3, meh in 4-8, and then back to amazing for the rest of the series. Unfortunately you can't skip them, there's a WHOLE lot of story in there that you'll need for the rest.
10/13/2021
Topic:
No Issues Associated With This Title

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
I see all the issues at that link.
10/14/2021
Topic:

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
Does everyone who can't see any issues have a subscription (gold, silver, whatever)?

I have a sub and can see them fine using Brave (Chrome basically) on a Windows 10 PC.
10/15/2021
Topic:

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
Sounds like maybe something is a little screwy from the cutover.
10/15/2021
Topic:

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
I think you're probably wrong. They've never struck me as the type of people who don't care, paying or not.

Also, you just threatened to "quit" using a free service if they don't do what you want quicker. Just stop and think about that for a second. smile

comixman1955 wrote:
Shamen64 wrote:
Has CPG provided any update on fixing this? I tried a couple of titles, but only one title showed some issues (but not all issues)

I am guessing if you dont pay they dont care i am going to quit using their service all together if this continues
10/25/2021
Topic:
Publicly Acknowledging Someone for Greatness

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
Thanks, Jesse!
10/27/2021
Topic:
LOL, you've been warned

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
So, normally when new comics come up on the CPG watch list on the main page I check them out, see what they are, and see if any are for sale and for how much (just keeping up, passively, with the market). So I saw Vengeance #1 on the list today. Good issue, 1st America Chavez, etc... When I looked to see who had it for sale only 1 came up:

IAMACON (0)

"I am a con"

So, they're warning you, be careful smile
edited by xvipah73 on 10/27/2021
10/27/2021
Topic:
Now Recruiting New Administrators and Moderators

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
Always available to help if it's needed.
10/29/2021
Topic:
bulk sale

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
List the keys or hot books on eBay, or MCS.

Sell bulk filler books on FB marketplace. I usually sell 25 for $20 (shipping included) or 50 for something like $38 (shipping included). It works well to get rid of the "drek" and just focus on getting real money for the sought after books.
11/1/2021
Topic:
bulk sale

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
If that's the case I would say your best bet is to find an LCS that may be looking for a massive collection to sort through for sales, etc...

Otherwise, you can advertise on things like craigslist that you have a collection for sale en masse.
11/8/2021
Topic:
So You Want to Sell Your Comics?

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
If they are in-demand key comics and the values seem to be a lot higher if they are slabbed then yes, it's worth it if all you want to do is sell them. If it's for you to keep, it's entirely up to you if you want them slabbed or just put them in something safe for display/storage.

Other ways to get an idea of value could be:
1) Got to Mycomicshop (https://www.mycomicshop.com/) and search for the issue, see what they are selling it for.
2) You can go to eBay, search for those issues, and then check the "Sold Items" box near the bottom left column to see what they are selling for on eBay as well.
edited by ronbatman on 11/8/2021
11/10/2021
Topic:
need ad s gone they are getting annoying

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
Ads?

I don't get any ads I don't believe. So my guess would be either

A) User an ad-blocker
B) Pay for a sub and the ads will go away.
11/27/2021
Topic:
Downloading of List in Excel or Google Sheets

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
I think it does what you're looking for. Just go here:
https://comicspriceguide.com/collection/

And then click the raw or graded buttons next to the publisher you want, and it'll send you a link (in a few minutes) for an .xlsx file with everything in it.
11/29/2021
Topic:
Vampirella Volume 5

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
The series is here:
https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/vampirella/pkprbt

But, there's no issue #25's at all. #25 is the last in the series, but there's not an A cover or any variants. I'd post covers. etc.. to be more helpful, but I only have 1 variant edition. I have no idea what the rest look like, or how many there are for that matter.
11/30/2021
Topic:
Vampirella Volume 5

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
This is the variant I have.

https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic/2518371/vampirella-25?variant=6603313
11/30/2021
Topic:
Vampirella Volume 5

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
Thanks, Casper, I did that.

And they do love their variants. Seems like each issue has somewhere in the area of 25+. I've become a fan of Parrillo's work because of Vampi and Nyx mostly.