all messages by user

2/14/2021
Topic:
Missing - Lazarus: The Many Reincarnations Promo

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
collectibleshop wrote:
your pic link doesn't work due to a dash after .jpg, so this one works
https://files1.comics.org//img/gcd/covers_by_id/1317/w400/1317893.jpg?7472282216006413165
edited by collectibleshop on 2/13/2021

That doesn't seem to work either. smile

https://files1.comics.org//img/gcd/covers_by_id/1317/w400/1317893.jpg
2/14/2021
Topic:
Missing - Lazarus: The Many Reincarnations Promo

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
lol, weird
2/21/2021
Topic:
John Romita Jr. 30th Anniversary Special

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
I went through this when I was first putting all my comics in also. smile

It's here:
https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/john-romita-jr-30th-anniversary/rlpwi

If you can't find something, try changing the country from USA to all.
2/22/2021
Topic:
More than one box?

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
Not sure it's actually an "issue" but I didn't really see any other forum that seemed to fit the bill here.

Would be awesome if we could put individual issues in to more than one box as part of our collections.

For instance, if I have a CGC slabbed Golden Lad #1 I'd love to be able to put it in a "Golden Age" box and a "Professionally Graded" box, or something along those lines. As of now, unless I'm missing it (which is way too possible), I can only put it in one of those.

Thanks
2/22/2021
Topic:
More than one box?

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
BasementComics wrote:
You can create multiple boxes and name them what you want (Box 1, Golden, CGC etc)

On the "Your Boxes" page (get to it by clicking on your name and go to collection and then boxes).

You will see a button on the right side that says "Create new box"

Hope that helps.

I can create all the boxes I want, got that part down. smile

What I haven't figured out how to do, and what I'm asking here, is how to put a single comic in more than 1 box.
2/22/2021
Topic:
More than one box?

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
When you try to sort it only lets you pick one box, there doesn't seem to be a mechanism for adding 1 comic to a 2nd box, or 3rd box, etc... I could just be missing it, I'll check the videos out to be sure.

And I was kinda hoping Ron would respond here. smile But if he doesn't, I will email him. Thanks for your help.
2/23/2021
Topic:
10/ 9.9 as compared to 9.8 population

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
From what I understand it's about printing defects. CGC (and I assume the others) will give a 9.8 and call a book mint/nm if there are defects they can pass off as production defects. A 9.9 and a 10 can't even have that. No fingerprints for a 10, no small production defects for either 9.9 or 10. Nothing can be wrong, the book literally has to be pristine. And when they get a 10 candidate my bet would be they go over it with a fine tooth comb to assure that nothing that could even remotely invalidate it is there, possibly with more than 1 grader.
2/23/2021
Topic:
More than one box?

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
I don't know how much work it would take, I'm not a DB guy. But, it seems like if every issue has a unique identifier like 1150385, then it should be easy enough in the tables to allow for it to connect to multiple unique ID's for storage no? i.e... 1150385 -> 11457(box 4 in ronbatman's collection) and 554678 (box 8 in ronbatman's collection). Like I said, maybe I'm oversimplyfing. But man it would be cool to have the ability to cross reference, etc....

If not, I'm sure I'll live, been doing fine so far. smile
2/27/2021
Topic:
Posting for Higher Than Book Price On All Books

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
I mean, they can post for whatever they want, no? It's their property and that's what they value it at. If you don't want it at that price you can jus not buy it. I fail to see what the issue is?
3/4/2021
Topic:
New Personalized Gains and Drops

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
Awesome, thanks!
3/8/2021
Topic:
Graded 9.8 vs 9.6 Do you think the market?

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
I think people see a huge difference from a NM/M and a NM+. Just the description of what they are, alone, makes a 9.8 far more desirable:
9.8 - A nearly perfect collectible with negligible handling or manufacturing defects.
9.6 - A very well-preserved collectible with several minor manufacturing or handling defects.

Basically no defects v small defects.

I also think it's ridiculous, btw, but I don't think it's going anywhere.
3/8/2021
Topic:

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
rgtichy wrote:
Well, as someone who worked in a comics shop for 5 years or so, I would hope I have some 9.8 material, but I have mentally made some plans to get some stuff graded out of my collection and yet not done it, either.

It would be reassuring to actually see what a 9.8 looks like, from one's one collection.

I sent in a bunch of stuff a few months ago. Some of it was disappointing (but my own fault because I sent them in before I took some time to learn grading, etc...). Out of 10 books I've gotten back so far I got 2 9.8's, a 9.6, and a 9.4. Also some random 9's/9.2's and upper mid-grades, and a 3.0 that shocked me until I saw the comic again and realized it definitely was my own fault for not knowing what I was looking at before I spent the money.
edited by xvipah73 on 3/8/2021
3/10/2021
Topic:

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
Theoldcollector wrote:
That's kind of what I'm afraid of to. I am afraid some of them will grade lower than expected and that would ruin my day. It didn't help that I watched the CGC videos on how they grade and was actually a bit taken back by their method grading the books. I would love to see a video showing them grade a 9.8 and a 9.6 of the same comic to see the difference.

It's definitely a bit of a gamble. But if you know how to grade even a little bit it's worthwhile to do as long as you can tell which issues should go in and which shouldn't. Obviously, the older it gets the less of a high grade it needs - in general - to be worth the time and money.
3/10/2021
Topic:
Proctor Valley Road

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
Good to know, now I don't have to waste my time picking it up. smile
3/11/2021
Topic:
Proctor Valley Road

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
Maybe. It's not as if I was frothing at the mouth for it anyway. There's so much other indy horror going on that I actually do like.
3/12/2021
Topic:
Favorite Artists at the Moment

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
Peach Momoko is awesome, pretty big fan of Del'Otto also
edited by xvipah73 on 3/12/2021
3/16/2021
Topic:
Where in this market does everyone find

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
I find some really good deals on books at https://www.digauction.com/

It's auctions, so sometimes things get overpriced due to bidding wars and such. In general though I get stuff at or below the price here, nm what they are selling for on Ebay or something.
3/16/2021
Topic:
Where in this market does everyone find

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
Yea, I think dig, since it's Diamond International and they have a "reputation" to uphold, make sure they give you exactly what they say they're giving you. Plus I love their notification style, notify you of your own bid, and if you've been outbid, it's pretty sweet.
3/18/2021
Topic:
Marvel Transformers comics 1985 and 1986

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
That 4 issue limited series ended up just continuing, so it's just the Transformers Volume 1
https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/transformers/rnxv
3/28/2021
Topic:
Confused About Something

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
I've bought a few times from here, always been pretty smooth. But I've never sold anything. It's hard for me to tell if the only thing's selling are the "hot" items, expensive GA/SA keys, or just any old thing out there. Most of what I'd list at this point would be more along the lines of collection fillers/readers I think while I sort through my collection. Not sure if it's even worth the time. I'd definitely hate to do what Taskmaster is talking about and list it here, forget I did, and sell it elsewhere then have to say no to someone who bids here.
1234 ..14