Xvipah73
Xvipah73

4/3/2021

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
Not sure if this is the forum for this.

But this post got me thinking, and looking, at the issues I have for sale:
https://comicspriceguide.com/forum/topic16065-what-are-people-looking-for.aspx

The advice is to reach out to people who have your issues on their want list. That actually makes sense to me, and I'd be willing to do so. Except, when I go to my sales and pull up the issues I have for sale, who it is wanted by is not listed there for ease of use. If I want to see who has it on their want list I have to go to the actual issue in the database and go find them there.

So, the request is, can we get the "issue is wanted by" tab added to our active sales listings along with being on the page for each individual issue. That would certainly make things far, far easier for sellers.

Thanks!
+1 link
BasementComics
BasementComics

4/3/2021

BasementComics
BasementComics
This would be great so hopefully they can do it.
0 link
rgtichy
rgtichy

4/3/2021

rgtichy
rgtichy
I was just perusing the for sale offerings of one member (he has a good amount of the DC mystery/horror/occult title) and I found myself rather annoyed at the prospect of reaching out over single issues, when I'd be more interested in assembling a pile of books to discuss/"haggle" over. I'd like to see a way to search a seller's listings and assemble something like a shopping cart, but call it a "stack of books" and then place a bulk offer on that. The whole thing should be driven to allow for a back and forth before a deal is completed.

Other things I noticed:
  • Individual Books for sale do not link through to the cpg entry for the book.
  • I'd prefer that 9.4 rated books for sale are required to supply a photo, because of the default value for collection entry being 9.4
  • The paging function for sellers' books for sale is very strange. it claims to show 50 entries but almost never does, the "next" tag nearly always returns no results even when paging from the seller's books with no alphabetic filter applied.
  • The phone app(s) could be a great way for sellers to add photos of their books for sale. Let them authorize the app to use a dropbox account (or similar) take the photos store them immediately in the cloud and then use the link for the listing.
0 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

4/3/2021

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
I've made suggestions for a dedicated want list page for years, like the old Wizardworld site had 2 decades ago, which was very handy. They had the alphabet across the top, like CPG does with Publisher titles lists, and also a much better search function that allowed you to look for multiple issues of the same title on 1 search, as well as just the title. Results linked to the buyers want listings, which linked to their contact info. So you could chose to see all the 'A' titles with wants, then pick a title a see ALL the issues wanted, and then go see ALL the wanted issues by that buyer. And I think it had a 'new listings' feature too, so you could just hit that after you went thru all the alphabet the 1st time.

"can we get the "issue is wanted by" tab added to our active sales listings along with being on the page for each individual issue. That would certainly make things far, far easier for sellers." That would help a lot too, and may be quicker to implement, but it doesn't help people who may have stuff for sale but it's not listed here for whatever reason, so they still have to search individual issues. So if the Wanted database could be culled together and have it's own page(s) for everyone to see/use, that would make it easier for people to sell here, if the buyers ever reply, or are still active, which is a big problem too.

Them's my .14 cents (adjusted for inflation, probably not enough)
edited by collectibleshop on 4/3/2021
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

4/5/2021

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
One of the things that we would like to do this year is to totally rework the sales system. We want to make it easier for sellers and buyers but maintain security. There are several good ideas in this post, that we will consider as we move forward on this.
Ron
+1 link
BasementComics
BasementComics

4/5/2021

BasementComics
BasementComics
Thanks Ron.
0 link