Jedi Vs. Sith #1 Messages in this topic - RSS

taskmaster
taskmaster

4/4/2021

taskmaster
taskmaster
Are these people truly this misinformed????

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174708696718?mkevt=1&mkpid=0&emsid=e11010.m1951.l7534&mkcid=7&ch=osgood&euid=3a0dbc6c434840ee8553edf6f91cc847&bu=43764874082&ut=RU&osub=-1%7E1&crd=20210404141304&segname=11010&sojTags=ch%3Dch%2Cbu%3Dbu%2Cut%3Dut%2Cosub%3Dosub%2Ccrd%3Dcrd%2Csegname%3Dsegname%2Cchnl%3Dmkcid

When will people LEARN we have silver age & bronze age KEY issues that are harder to find but this??? WOW!
edited by Taskmaster on 4/4/2021
-1 link
Xvipah73
Xvipah73

4/4/2021

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
That's not all that surprising. Just cause there are Silver and Bronze keys that are expensive doesn't mean there aren't low print run, in-demand, coppers and moderns that are worth thousands. There's a whole lot of more current comics out there that people are paying ridiculous prices for. From New Star Wars Series, to stuff like Miles' and Spider-Gwen's first appearance, even to stuff like Punchline's first appearance, though that hasn't hit the thousands yet.
0 link
taskmaster
taskmaster

4/4/2021

taskmaster
taskmaster
Xvipah73 wrote:
That's not all that surprising. Just cause there are Silver and Bronze keys that are expensive doesn't mean there aren't low print run, in-demand, coppers and moderns that are worth thousands. There's a whole lot of more current comics out there that people are paying ridiculous prices for. From New Star Wars Series, to stuff like Miles' and Spider-Gwen's first appearance, even to stuff like Punchline's first appearance, though that hasn't hit the thousands yet.

That's the point who says all the Dark Horse Star Wars comics are short printed and rare?? Dishonest people and the sheep that follow them....unreal
0 link
Xvipah73
Xvipah73

4/4/2021

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
lol
0 link

4/4/2021

The person with the highest bid must have money to spend and doesn't seem to care about books with prestige.
0 link
BasementComics
BasementComics

4/4/2021

BasementComics
BasementComics
The last one was me. Site timed me out.
0 link
taskmaster
taskmaster

4/4/2021

taskmaster
taskmaster
BasementComics wrote:
The last one was me. Site timed me out.

smile

Funny thing is people that pay this crazy price will think THAT'S the selling price.....My god I'm beginning not to like comic book and the properties nowadays because every idiot thinks these things are worth a gazillion dollars...I loved it when it was niche market...
0 link
Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector

4/4/2021

Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector
Only seven 9.8's have ever been sold on sites that GPA track so in the buyer's eyes it is indeed a rare book.
0 link
Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector

4/4/2021

Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector
Also this came out in 04/01 there are only a total of 33 - 9.8's of this actual comic. So if a Star Wars fan really wants this book at a 9.8 they are going to pay a high price for it. If people have a ton of raw high grade copies of it just sitting around you would think they would be flooding the market with it right now seeing how the average price for this at a 9.8 is $1,350.
0 link
Xvipah73
Xvipah73

4/4/2021

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
I feel like I need a good meme here. Something along the lines of *Old man shakes fist at cloud* :P

The comic industry values have been skyrocketing for a year or two. They ARE worth that much, because people are willing to pay that much. Just cause you don't like it doesn't make it any less true. All the flippers and such have come in and inflated the market, and this is what it costs to do business now. Especially on the "hot" properties like the various new Star Wars series, Something is Killing the Children, Ice Cream Man, and so on.

I, personally, would never pay 1k+ for that book. But that's because I'm in to the Star Wars comics really. If that's the market though, then I'd do it if I had to for a comic I want...
0 link
taskmaster
taskmaster

4/4/2021

taskmaster
taskmaster
Theoldcollector wrote:
Also this came out in 04/01 there are only a total of 33 - 9.8's of this actual comic. So if a Star Wars fan really wants this book at a 9.8 they are going to pay a high price for it. If people have a ton of raw high grade copies of it just sitting around you would think they would be flooding the market with it right now seeing how the average price for this at a 9.8 is $1,350.

And then it will drop like it always does....Why do people keep thinking it's "rare" when more copies exist out there and they haven't been graded yet and it's from 2001 you really mean to think is this book was like the Walking Dead #1 that people wouldn't have found out this like maybe 20 years ago not six months ago because of "Speculation" look at the Dark Horse SW books you really mean to tell me that ALL of those books command this crazy ass premium prices? NO!
-1 link
Xvipah73
Xvipah73

4/4/2021

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
There is definitely bound to be some adjustment to the market sooner or later, I also doubt it can keep up this level of craziness. It'll be interesting to see what that does and how it goes.
0 link
Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector

4/4/2021

Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector
Taskmaster wrote:

And then it will drop like it always does....Why do people keep thinking it's "rare" when more copies exist out there and they haven't been graded yet and it's from 2001 you really mean to think is this book was like the Walking Dead #1 that people wouldn't have found out this like maybe 20 years ago not six months ago because of "Speculation" look at the Dark Horse SW books you really mean to tell me that ALL of those books command this crazy ass premium prices? NO!

That could be said for many books. I to think the market is out of control but to say that this isn't a rare 9.8 for a die hard Star Wars collector just because you're banking on there being tons of these laying around that haven't been graded yet isn't the market we live in right now. Look at New Mutants 98 there is an average of 2k-3k being graded a year but the price is still sky rocketing right now.
0 link
taskmaster
taskmaster

4/5/2021

taskmaster
taskmaster
Theoldcollector wrote:
Taskmaster wrote:

That could be said for many books. I to think the market is out of control but to say that this isn't a rare 9.8 for a die hard Star Wars collector just because you're banking on there being tons of these laying around that haven't been graded yet isn't the market we live in right now. Look at New Mutants 98 there is an average of 2k-3k being graded a year but the price is still sky rocketing right now.

Graded I get but the price people are asking and some idiots are paying for a RAW book are a joke...Sorry but I don't buy into E-Bay being the end all be all for pricing I'm seen and bought stuff from E-Bay for WAY cheaper than these people with deep pockets and in better condition too...Funny thing is these tools will TRY to sell that book if they bought it for $400 for $500 or $600 when it's not even close...Sorry
-1 link
taskmaster
taskmaster

4/5/2021

taskmaster
taskmaster
Theoldcollector wrote:
Taskmaster wrote:

Graded I get but the price people are asking and some idiots are paying for a RAW book are a joke...Sorry but I don't buy into E-Bay being the end all be all for pricing I'm seen and bought stuff from E-Bay for WAY cheaper than these people with deep pockets and in better condition too...Funny thing is these tools will TRY to sell that book if they bought it for $400 for $500 or $600 when it's not even close...Sorry
-1 link
Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector

4/5/2021

Theoldcollector
Theoldcollector
Unfortunately raw prices go up to crazy prices as well when graded versions are selling for so high. The problem with the raw books right now is that quite a few sellers think they have 9.8 raws when they aren't, but they expect to get that high dollar amount and people pay it not realizing they are getting ripped off. But if it costs you let's say $100 to get a book shipped,cleaned, pressed and graded and the 9.8 graded is selling for $1000 what do you think a 9.8 raw is worth? If they are a seller that can afford to wait they either get it graded and sell it for top dollar or they make sure they sell it at the highest dollar amount possible raw. And no Ebay isn't the end all for pricing but it's starting to become that way in today's market. More and more LCS are selling their key's and higher dollar items online due to how high the prices are getting. These buyers are now even starting to take over the other not so known auction sites. I mean right now THOR #337 is up to $1,300 for a 9.8 on comiclink with an hour to go. These are crazy times for comic books.
0 link