Emma Frost Mini Series Messages in this topic - RSS

taskmaster
taskmaster

4/17/2021

taskmaster
taskmaster
Am I missing something? Almost very set (1-5 etc.)seems to be going for $50- or more is there a reason for this or is this set hot for some reason??? I see this set priced on here an other sites for $5-10 for issue #1 $2-3 for the others is this just another people throwing money on E-Bay for no reason or is there something to this? Whaaaaa?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184751017934?_trksid=p2471758.m4791&autorefresh=true
edited by Taskmaster on 4/17/2021
-1 link
Xvipah73
Xvipah73

4/18/2021

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
You're partially right. Some of the big keys, etc... are definitely climbing so fast that CPG (and other price guides) can't even begin to keep up. But I sell a lot of stuff on Ebay that's just "normal stuff" non-key, non GA/SA, regular old issues, and the prices here are pretty close. This does seem to be an anomaly though, unless there's some MCU speculation around Emma being one of the first Mutants we see or something?

Jimmyt35 wrote:
Never trust this site for pricing. Anyone using the prices here to price their books to eBay will be selling for way less than what they could have gotten if they just use eBay sold prices instead.
0 link
taskmaster
taskmaster

4/18/2021

taskmaster
taskmaster
Xvipah73 wrote:
You're partially right. Some of the big keys, etc... are definitely climbing so fast that CPG (and other price guides) can't even begin to keep up. But I sell a lot of stuff on Ebay that's just "normal stuff" non-key, non GA/SA, regular old issues, and the prices here are pretty close. This does seem to be an anomaly though, unless there's some MCU speculation around Emma being one of the first Mutants we see or something?

Jimmyt35 wrote:
Never trust this site for pricing. Anyone using the prices here to price their books to eBay will be selling for way less than what they could have gotten if they just use eBay sold prices instead.

Yes certain books I get going up but ALOT of books on E-Bay is people throwing money at something for NO reason....I don't see Emma Frost as the first mutant OR a major player....Whaaaaa?
0 link
Xvipah73
Xvipah73

4/18/2021

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
Maybe not, she's certainly been a major player in the comics for years now.

This conversation got me curious. The rumors (as of 5-6 months ago) are saying Lady Gaga may play her in the films. If that's the truth I think that covers why the comics are spiking like that.
+1 link
taskmaster
taskmaster

4/18/2021

taskmaster
taskmaster
Xvipah73 wrote:
Maybe not, she's certainly been a major player in the comics for years now.

This conversation got me curious. The rumors (as of 5-6 months ago) are saying Lady Gaga may play her in the films. If that's the truth I think that covers why the comics are spiking like that.

If Lady Gaga were to play her Marvel fans would RIOT!! smile I think if people spend $400-500 on a book that NEVER was worth that much and NO major reason for the hike your going to see ALOT of books go thru the rook and possible the market crashing like it did in the 90's but this time maybe for good....I hope not...upset
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

4/18/2021

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
We have a troll on the site who keeps creating accounts and then posting something negative about CPG. I will continue to delete his posts since he is obviously just on here trying to be a jerk or from a competitor. Xvipah and Taskmaster, I sorry that your posts were interrupted by this malcontent.
R
+3 link