rixmaxx

all messages by user

9/10/2016
Topic:
Amateur Grading

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
Depending on the rarity and age of the comic, (older and rarer, less effect) cream pages would normally drop a comic a full grade lower.
9/12/2016
Topic:
Is this worth anything

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
Well. you won't find a "value" for that on this sight. Your best bet would be to look at previous "sold" auctions on Ebay or Heritage for similar items. Does that help?
9/13/2016
Topic:
Opinion on Colllection

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
You could use this website's grading guide http://comicspriceguide.com/comic-book-grading or any other guide out there , there are many, and learn to grade the comics yourself. You can't possibly have someone else grade all your comics, it would cost you a small fortune! upset Learning to grade them yourself, while always subjective, would at least get you in the ballpark. I've been doing it for almost forty years and while I consider myself very good at, I'm not flawless, it will always be subjective. Even giving the same book to the THREE different grading companies, will give you THREE different grades!!!! You should learn to do it yourself, become a better collector (unless you plan on leaving us), save yourself some money and if you find you have a couple of nice valuable books, have them graded by CBCS (sorry, I don't really see much of value in what you have pictured) upset.....Just my opinion smile Hope this helps!
edited by rixmaxx on 9/13/2016
9/13/2016
Topic:
Simple Questions - Re-grading my collection - Help

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
You could just go to your collection, browse your titles and click on the "blue" grade number and change it. It would pretty quick.
9/17/2016
Topic:
Broken Images For 2 Days Now...

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
They don't tend to fix things around here too quickly upset ( sometimes they don't even respond)..........But cross your fingers smile
9/18/2016
Topic:

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
rock334 wrote:
If I'm paying $8 a month for a gold membership, I expect to be able to use it. This is the 3rd time in two weeks I've had to deal with this. C'mon guys! Earn your money!

Well, you should probably get used to it.smile The site was down for months before, no "sorry for the inconvenience, here's what we'll do to make it up to you" (something, anything would have been nice puppy dog eyes ), but they kept getting their money. When they got back up, everything was gone, no reason why they didn't have a back up, still don't know if they have one now. All the jpg' s being gone is pretty minor, comparatively. (sucks I know)... I have uploaded lots of jpg's of my books that disappear after a couple of weeks. I have asked a few times why this keeps happening, I have yet to get a response. I've just learned to live with it. ..... Hopefully they will actually look at their own website soon Sleepy and see there is problem. As for disgruntled customers, that really doesn't seem to be a pressing concern.blah ...... Now, when I say "they", I mean the operators of this website, not the moderators of the Forums, their cool! Cool I know they don't have anything to do with the problems of this website. bow.....Well, like I said, cross your fingers!
edited by rixmaxx on 9/18/2016
edited by rixmaxx on 9/18/2016
9/18/2016
Topic:

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
Yeaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!! They're back!!! Kneel! Thank you!
9/18/2016
Topic:
Comic Images Not Loading

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
Yeaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!! They're back!!! Thank you!
9/18/2016
Topic:
Missing Issue: Futurama #80

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
Do you mean these? http://comicspriceguide.com/titles/futurama-comics/tlrt
9/19/2016
Topic:
Tomoe and SHI Comic question

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
The first Shi book came out in 1994, that much is correct. Her first appearance however was, Razor Annual #1, published Dec 1993. Tomoe's first appearance was in Shi: Way of the Warrior #6, it was published in Sept 1995 and came out with both covers, Shi: Way of the Warrior #6 and Tomoe #1 (as well as variant covers) Same book, two different covers. You can look it up under either name, they're both worth $2.82 in NM .......Tomoe takes up the Shi mantle for a time, they are one and the same, hence the book being one and the same. I guess you could call it a true crossover. Hope this helps. -Rick
edited by rixmaxx on 9/19/2016
9/22/2016
Topic:

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
Gone again, that didn't last long! upset
9/22/2016
Topic:
Recent Cover Image Outage

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
So missing images today is a different problem? upset
9/22/2016
Topic:

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
.......and they're back!!!! smile
9/22/2016
Topic:

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
.......and they're back!!!!
9/22/2016
Topic:

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
Around 5 am central time, only for about an hour
9/22/2016
Topic:
Buying Comics

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
And some aren't even active on here anymore, just too lazy, I guess, to take them off.
9/25/2016
Topic:
Giant-Size Spider-Man #1 (July, 2014)

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
glennsim wrote:
OK, so I was trying to add this same title, and I can click on the link two messages up and it takes me to the issue, and I can mark that I own it, but then when I go back to my collection it doesn't show up? What's up with that?

So, you are going to "Amazing Spider-man" vol 3, then on the tabs on the top, there are Monthly, Annual, Special and Giant-Size. Click on "Giant-Size", then click "add". Then go to "My Issues" at the top and then again click on "Giant-Size"..... Is it there now?
9/25/2016
Topic:
The Poly Bag

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
Oxbladder wrote:
As I said only the most anal will attach value or completeness to a poly bag. If you send a book to be graded they won't grade it unless you give them permission to open the bag. If you give it CGC will open it and chuck the bag and any non-comic contents. I think CBCS will send that stuff back.

If all comics came in poly bags you might be able to pull off the toy comparison but they don't and the poly bags have never been more than containers like the third party bags comic shops and collectors use.

I have no problem if some folks want to attach value to them but to attach them to the comic value is a bit off since they are not bound to the comic. Often neither are the loose items that were packaged with the comic that most of them held.
edited by Oxbladder on 9/25/2016

I agree, the bag means next to nothing to the condition of the book. You could have a comic book still sealed in a "mint" bag but could be totally destroyed inside (I've seen it) You have to open it.
9/26/2016
Topic:
Variant Info in CPG Question

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
For every 25 "regular" covers, 1 of the "variants" was produced
9/28/2016
Topic:
Issues selling too cheap online.

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
mutualman2 wrote:
What about issues selling for too much as I have just looked at the Lyria Exchange and they have Moon girl and Devil Dinosaur number 1 at a 9.8 going for $93 currently. Take away the cost of the case which would be about $40 and you have people willing to pay $53 plus shipping for this comic book.

It's about how rare something is...I won't bother looking up Moon Girl but Devil Dinosaur is going on 40 years old and only 1 -- 9.9 exists in the CGC word (census...see attached if it works first time posting not sure if I attached it right). To own the second highest of something for $53 (plus $40 to certify it...and not wait 4 months - current wait time) is really not that bad of a price. I recently purchased a book from the mid 1960's (non key...just an average book) that is a 9.8 and is the highest and ONLY copy for that issue at a 9.8....I researched similar books from that era and and title and NO 9.9'S OR 10'S EXIST (for the key issues which like Fantastic Four #52 come out of the woodwork to certify and last I heard there are 5-9.8's...again no 9.9 or 10.0). In other words in 5 or 50 years, I will still own the highest known copy to exist...so what if 5 more 9.8's show up.... I will be tied for the highest and I won it for only $100

But most people probably aren't willing to even bother having such a book graded.(at least not yet smile ) I have six Devil Dinosaur #1's, been bagged and boarded since I bought them off the shelf, many of them look perfect but I would never pay to have them graded. So I might have six 9.9's, maybe even 10's, that I paid $2.10 for, but the world may never know. Quiet True "rarity" is based on how many actually exist..... With new books, there are lots of near perfect books out there, so in most cases, people are crazy to pay so much for a graded new book. They just don't think about enough. But Ox is right, a fair price is one that is agreed to by both parties. Sometimes you just gotta have it. Shock ......................By the way, Moon Girl is a Inhuman who's first appearance was in that book MG&DD #1
1234 ..23