rixmaxx
rixmaxx
If you don't, tell him I will !!! smile
10/10/2016
Topic:
Howard the duck comic but don't know value

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
They have the wrong picture for Howard the Duck #3, it should have "25c" up in the corner for a price. They have the picture for the 30 cent price variant for both comics. - Rick
10/14/2016
Topic:
widespread tens(?)

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
Yes pink unicorns are very, very, very rare and yet some noobs think they exist all over. winkBit Wonky.. I really don't consider anybody having a book over a 9.4 unless its graded. (or unless I can look at in person) Thumbs Up
edited by rixmaxx on 10/14/2016
10/15/2016
Topic:
Marvel Max ALIAS Comic book lot # 2, 3, & 4 NM

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
Where's #1 ? smile
10/15/2016
Topic:
widespread tens(?)

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
expander wrote:
That's a reasonable approach.

When I first signed up for the guide I got carried away when I saw the high values of the rarer books and just left them.

It was a good year or two before I even tried to get better at grading books because at the time (as a noob) I didn't realize the impact of grade on price, as well as how I felt about grade in general.

As a child if I had comics at all I was thrilled to have them.

They were read over and over and so the value (obviously now) went down but since I've grown, I now know the impact that simply reading a comic can have on it's grade/value.

So I only sell books that I have not/will not read or if I have I usually let the buyer know.

Plus when buying books used or "raw" I generally assume that they've been read as well.

I started "reading" comic books in March 1976. I can be that precise because I still have the runs of the four titles I first started reading, Defenders, Thor, Ironman and Daredevil. I had a dollar to spend and those are the ones I chose. Those books are all in VG condition, all read probably a hundred times. You're right, I was happy just to have them to read. I bought those books for a couple years until I entered junior high and then I pretty much quit. A couple years later I met a kid that "collected" comic books (past on from his dad), they were all kept in great condition. From him, I learned comic books had "value", especially if they're kept nice and that people will rip you off. (he did Mad )......So from pretty early on, I was a comic book "reader" and "collector". I learned condition means everything and I learned how to grade. Some people here, but mostly on Ebay, don't have a clue how to grade a book. I've seen listings for "beautiful, high grade book", I wouldn't give a "Fine" to.....So when I see "Gem Mint", I just smile and think, what a noob Duhh
10/15/2016
Topic:
The X-Files Annual 2016

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
http://comicspriceguide.com/collection/idw/x-files-the/1/pjywlus

Do you mean this one?
10/16/2016
Topic:
The X-Files Annual 2016

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
Rweber93 wrote:
That's it! I'm curious how you found it? I searched every which way.

Search "x files", go down to the 26th entry, they are listed by the number of members' searches, click on it and then click on the "annual" tab, right next to the monthly tab.......Remember as a general rule, no hyphens, colons, commas, keep it as simple as possible. And Annuals, Specials, King-Size and paperbacks have their own "Tabs" under the original Titles. ...Hope this helps. Wave
10/20/2016
Topic:
Ruk's list-Who has the best collection

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
Hi Ruk smile
RIXMAXX New numbers!
Issues: 6016
Value: 110,532
Thanks! smile
10/23/2016
Topic:
Ruk's list-Who has the best collection

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
Hey Ruk, how about another close pass?
Issues - 6054
Value - 110,897
Thanks smile
10/23/2016
Topic:
Good deal on a collection

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
I'd buy! smile
10/25/2016
Topic:
Can't find an issue? Check here first.

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
Look under "Harley Quinn" vol 3 2016, then click on issue #1, then click on the "variant covers" tab at the top. They are all listed, some are still being verified though. Hope this helps. smile
10/26/2016
Topic:
GABRIELLE DEL'OTTO VENOM #1 SECRET VARIANT

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
Crowman wrote:
I snagged one of these puppies when it was still on the cheap.
Is this the best Venom cover yet?

It is smoking hot!..... in my humble opinion. smile

edited by Crowman on 10/26/2016

Isn't this coming out 11/23 ?
10/27/2016
Topic:
issue on site

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
That sounds like a problem that YOU have. Nothing like that for me or a couple others I checked with. You might have a bug. smile
10/29/2016
Topic:
2nd acct needed??

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
You wouldn't need a second account
10/30/2016
Topic:
2nd acct needed??

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
anstettoman wrote:
rixmaxx wrote:
You wouldn't need a second account

but if I have a personal collection asm
#300 and one for sale wouldn't they show up as 2 in my collection??

the idea keep my personal collection and for sale books separately. thanks

So you don't want your "for sale" books showing up in your collection? But they are in your collection. Until you sell them .Duhh
But if you don't want to see your "for sale" books in the same list with your "collection" books, Expander is right, put your "collection" books in a box, and your "for sale" books in a different box. Just like in real life! Darth Lightsabers
10/30/2016
Topic:
Deadman and The Phantom Stranger

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
http://comicspriceguide.com/collection/dc/dc-super-stars/18/ukrsc

Do you mean this book?
10/30/2016
Topic:
Deadpo Volume Errors

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
taz694l69 wrote:
OK, I am new to this and just wanted to check somethings out. Deadpool Volume 1 is Deadpool: The Circle Chase. Aug 93. Writers Fabian Nicieza and Joe Madureira,. Inker: Mark Farmer, Letter: Chris Eliopoulos, Colorist: Glynis Oliver: Editor Suzanne Gaffney.The cover you have is wrong. The cover you have is the Volume two cover. the correct cover is black and red.

Usually when "volume" is used in a title it helps define and distinguish titles of the same exact name. Deadpool has six different volumes with just "Deadpool" as the title....... Deadpool: The Circle Chase may have been published first but it has its own distinguished title, it doesn't need a "volume" number, unless they come out with another Circle Chase. Hope this helps smile
11/5/2016
Topic:
Problems being redirected

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
Things like that are usually problems with your device; phone, tablet, computer, etc...., not with a website. Try clearing your cache, temp files and cookies, then run a good ad blocker/malware detector. smile