Opinion on Colllection Messages in this topic - RSS

ybtbone69
ybtbone69

9/12/2016

ybtbone69
ybtbone69
Hello everyone!

I've been a member since 2006, but never did anything with the website. I have listed only a fraction of what I have, but I have a question regarding the grading of my collection to eventually sell. I know there are two companies that grade comic books, but I'm trying to grade the books myself because of the pricing of sending my books off for "official" grading. I have uploaded a picture of what I have (mind you I have a few more issues in a bin that I could not fit on the table). If I could get anyone's honest opinion on the potential value of my books I would greatly appreciate it. I'm not a hardcore collector, but I did collect when I was very young and I'm only looking for honest opinions. I have done some research into the raw value, but I'm unsure of what to really look for when trying to grade my books myself. I have visited numerous websites detailing what is examined when grading a comic book, but I really wanted to get the opinion of the community regarding the value.
0 link
Gilgandra
Gilgandra

9/13/2016

Gilgandra
Gilgandra
ybtbone69 wrote:
Hello everyone!

I've been a member since 2006, but never did anything with the website. I have listed only a fraction of what I have, but I have a question regarding the grading of my collection to eventually sell. I know there are two companies that grade comic books, but I'm trying to grade the books myself because of the pricing of sending my books off for "official" grading. I have uploaded a picture of what I have (mind you I have a few more issues in a bin that I could not fit on the table). If I could get anyone's honest opinion on the potential value of my books I would greatly appreciate it. I'm not a hardcore collector, but I did collect when I was very young and I'm only looking for honest opinions. I have done some research into the raw value, but I'm unsure of what to really look for when trying to grade my books myself. I have visited numerous websites detailing what is examined when grading a comic book, but I really wanted to get the opinion of the community regarding the value.

The truth is no-one can judge the grade of these books you have on the table as the pics don't allow it. Therefore one simply can't value them.
Although...there are a couple there that are somewhat popular. Spider-Man 2099 #1 is nice & so is Specky Spider-Man #200.
Most UXM will sell, But my favorite that you have is X-Men #24. A sweet cover (a sleeper IMHO) that's worth nothing Lol.
Maybe around $20-30 worth of books.
I hope i helped you out, Good luck with selling them.
0 link
rixmaxx
rixmaxx

9/13/2016

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
You could use this website's grading guide http://comicspriceguide.com/comic-book-grading or any other guide out there , there are many, and learn to grade the comics yourself. You can't possibly have someone else grade all your comics, it would cost you a small fortune! upset Learning to grade them yourself, while always subjective, would at least get you in the ballpark. I've been doing it for almost forty years and while I consider myself very good at, I'm not flawless, it will always be subjective. Even giving the same book to the THREE different grading companies, will give you THREE different grades!!!! You should learn to do it yourself, become a better collector (unless you plan on leaving us), save yourself some money and if you find you have a couple of nice valuable books, have them graded by CBCS (sorry, I don't really see much of value in what you have pictured) upset.....Just my opinion smile Hope this helps!
edited by rixmaxx on 9/13/2016
+1 link