Laroo42

all messages by user

3/6/2016
Topic:
Adding Facts?

Laroo42
Laroo42
I'd be interested in knowing how to do this too!
3/9/2016
Topic:
Adding Facts?

Laroo42
Laroo42
Thanks kds, but we were interested in adding FACTS not just STORIES...
Any idea there?
Dave
3/16/2016
Topic:
Marketplace Transactions

Laroo42
Laroo42
Purchasing comics through CPG is only an introduction to someone who has what you want/need.
I would connect through email and trade photos of the comics before purchasing (especially at $300).
You do this upfront on eBay and with several FB groups that I belong to, so why wouldn't you do it here?
As to why someone wouldn't respond? Good question. If they don't have their account forwarded to a reliable email, they may never get your message. If they've set up an account here, but never check it or have abandoned it then it's a lost cause.
I'm not sure if admin can check the frequency of the log-in of an account, but maybe it's better I don't ask! Hah!
4/4/2016
Topic:
Shipping humour

Laroo42
Laroo42
Hah!
I do a lot of business via auction sites and I try to make sure that the buyer knows the shipping charge up front. Getting hammered with a high fee after winning the auction is such a bad business practice.
Now, I know that regardless of the cost of the item you won, shipping is what shipping is. I can't haggle with the post office as to what they're going to charge, but this seems like the seller is padding his pockets because he didn't get what he wanted from his auction.
I hope all works out well!
4/4/2016
Topic:
Market Price vs Guide Price

Laroo42
Laroo42
Buy low, sell high! If someone is using a guide that undervalues a book, buy it! If you can sell a book on eBay for well over guide because as Oxbladder put it, "people with too much money and very little rational thought.", then DO IT!
It's a game of supply and demand. Let's hope to be on the good end!
4/6/2016
Topic:
Scammers.

Laroo42
Laroo42
Unfortunately, CPG doesn't claim any responsibility for the items you purchase through the site (unlike eBay). Then again, you're not paying 10% fees either. If you used PayPal, they might offer buyer protection...
Did you ask to see pictures of the comic before buying it?
4/12/2016
Topic:
Market Price vs Guide Price

Laroo42
Laroo42
Agreed! Quite a fun read. Well articulated and no one resorted to name calling. Well done!
5/24/2016
Topic:
Site not working on Safari on iphone

Laroo42
Laroo42
It works fine for me with Google Chrome on my iPhone.
Try that?!?
6/6/2016
Topic:
A new way to list?

Laroo42
Laroo42
This is possible within a specific publisher, but not overall. But, I'm sure you've noticed that already...
6/6/2016
Topic:
Top Gains Fields Not Accurate

Laroo42
Laroo42
I'm confused what you mean by "another time"?
6/6/2016
Topic:
Change in member rating.

Laroo42
Laroo42
I'm not sure that the member rating is entirely accurate. It does take some time to approve additions to the database (so I've noticed). I've had a few items pending for quite some time. However, I haven't seen a rating go down?!?
6/6/2016
Topic:
Change in member rating.

Laroo42
Laroo42
Greg, if you click on the number next to your user name, it will lead you to what the number represents and how it can change. As to your addition of a variant cover, there is a spot in the forums to bring up that concern.
6/6/2016
Topic:
A new way to list?

Laroo42
Laroo42
Good point. I don't see a way to get that information easily.
6/6/2016
Topic:
Story Arcs

Laroo42
Laroo42
The list of which issues/ titles contained in a certain story arc are usually on the first few pages or last few pages of the comic involved.
I too don't find it possible to buy ALL the comics relating to a story arc, but I also feel that they are written in a way that you don't NEED to buy them all.
Just my 2 cents...
6/7/2016
Topic:
A new way to list?

Laroo42
Laroo42
I tried something else, that didn't work BUT... I think may be an easier fix?!? While in a comic box within your collection, you can click on the value tab. I assumed it would arrange them from ascending to descending values, but unfortunately, just reversed them alphabetically... boo.
6/22/2016
Topic:
What if... series

Laroo42
Laroo42
http://comicspriceguide.com/collection/marvel/what-if/14/rltrk
http://comicspriceguide.com/collection/marvel/what-if/7/snsuc
easy peasy!
6/23/2016
Topic:
How to tell if it's a first print comic

Laroo42
Laroo42
On the inside of the comic (usually at the bottom of one of the first few pages), you will see all the comic information (Title, Issue, Volume, Publisher, etc..). At the end of all that it will usually say "First Print" or "Second Print", and so on.
Hope that helps.
7/8/2016
Topic:
Adding "Story Arc"

Laroo42
Laroo42
You can't... not yet anyway.
7/12/2016
Topic:
Unable to upload a variant cover...

Laroo42
Laroo42
Follow these instructions:

http://comicspriceguide.com/forum/topic5-guidelines-for-uploading-cover-scans-to-cpg.aspx

Although, I did just try it myself and it wouldn't let me upload a scan that was only 250kB...

Sadness...
edited by LaRoo42 on 7/12/2016
7/12/2016
Topic:
Guidelines for Uploading Cover Scans to CPG

Laroo42
Laroo42
I followed the instructions as shown and scanned a cover at 150dpi, and compressed it down.

So why am I unable to upload a cover scan that is only 250kB?
1234 ..6