How to tell if it's a first print comic Messages in this topic - RSS

Mcknight79
Mcknight79

6/23/2016

Mcknight79
Mcknight79
I'm new to comic collecting. I would like to know how you tell if it's a first print comic. Thank you
0 link
Laroo42
Laroo42

6/23/2016

Laroo42
Laroo42
On the inside of the comic (usually at the bottom of one of the first few pages), you will see all the comic information (Title, Issue, Volume, Publisher, etc..). At the end of all that it will usually say "First Print" or "Second Print", and so on.
Hope that helps.
0 link
gregbrookins
gregbrookins

6/23/2016

gregbrookins
gregbrookins
Also if it is a newer book, usually first print won't say anything on the cover, but subsequent releases will have second, third, etc. printed on the cover. When in doubt, look at the index(what laroo mentioned).
0 link
Oxbladder
Oxbladder

6/24/2016

Oxbladder
Oxbladder
Most will say in the publisher info inside the front or back page. However, without even opening the book you just look at the UPC code if it ends in a 1 it is a first print.
0 link
lealew7
lealew7

6/24/2016

lealew7
lealew7
I LEARNED WITH THE NEWER COMIC BOOKS, THE BARCODE WILL REVEAL WHAT ISSUE IT IS, WHICH PRINT LOT IT BELONGS TOO(1ST, 2ND,ETC.) AND WHICH VARIANT COVER, IF THERE ARE ANY. GOOGLE IT, IT WAS HELPFUL, BUT I USUALLY LOOK THROUGH OR DO SOME SERIOUS RESEARCH IF IT IS NOT ONE I AM QUITE WILLING TO OPEN UPsmile THATS THE COLLECTING NERD IN MEsmile
0 link