Marketplace Transactions Messages in this topic - RSS

taskmaster
taskmaster

3/15/2016

taskmaster
taskmaster
It is just me or when you offer for lots of books or alot of money (hundreds) and the deals fall on deaf ears because they lapse and you send it again and again and again do people just don't care about making money or they are not connected or care???

I'm done lots of deals here with no problem so does anyone else have this problem?
0 link
CapnDoug
CapnDoug
Administrator

3/15/2016

CapnDoug
CapnDoug
Administrator
I've noticed that with the comics I am selling, be it at conventions, on eBay or on the marketplace here, the higher the price of the comic, the harder it is to sell. It's really easy to sell a comic for $1, even if it is only worth 50 cents. But selling a comic for $75 is much harder. The higher the price of the comic, the lower the number of people who can afford it (even if the $75 comic is worth $200). And when shipping is involved, buying a small number of cheap comics makes little sense, so it's the mid-priced comics that move best. It's all about the venue you're selling in.
+1 link
taskmaster
taskmaster

3/15/2016

taskmaster
taskmaster
CapnDoug wrote:
I've noticed that with the comics I am selling, be it at conventions, on eBay or on the marketplace here, the higher the price of the comic, the harder it is to sell. It's really easy to sell a comic for $1, even if it is only worth 50 cents. But selling a comic for $75 is much harder. The higher the price of the comic, the lower the number of people who can afford it (even if the $75 comic is worth $200). And when shipping is involved, buying a small number of cheap comics makes little sense, so it's the mid-priced comics that move best. It's all about the venue you're selling in.

Yea but one guy I made offers on $300 worth of books and nothing 3-4 times in a row?

I don't get it I understand people have lives but a month of offers and no response?? I'd want the money
0 link
CapnDoug
CapnDoug
Administrator

3/15/2016

CapnDoug
CapnDoug
Administrator
Shotgun22 wrote:
CapnDoug wrote:

Yea but one guy I made offers on $300 worth of books and nothing 3-4 times in a row?

I don't get it I understand people have lives but a month of offers and no response?? I'd want the money

Oh, you're talking about making offers on comics to buy them... Misunderstood.

Part of that might be that once something goes up for sale, it doesn't go down until it's sold or taken down. So, the person who listed the comic might no longer be on the site. That's probably the reason why you can make it so that you only see things posted in the last 14 days. Might be a way to clear up the older listings, but I'm not sure of what the logistics or consequences would be.
0 link
pikey79
pikey79

3/16/2016

pikey79
pikey79
i think one concern in buying higher priced books is getting ripped off. I purchased a book on here that was said to be a 8.5 grade when i got it was "maybe" a 4.5 but definitely lower grade than advertised. I think with ebay you have the buyer protection but on here its more the honor system, unless you guys know of something that can be done? i am new to this site afterall as far as buying goes.
0 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

3/16/2016

kds_comics
kds_comics
Shotgun22 wrote:
It is just me or when you offer for lots of books or alot of money (hundreds) and the deals fall on deaf ears because they lapse and you send it again and again and again do people just don't care about making money or they are not connected or care???

I'm done lots of deals here with no problem so does anyone else have this problem?

It is all about risk/reward. If I have not bought any comics from you - I do not know how you will grade. How do I really know if you have the comic at all? There are scam artists on the (dang ole) internet. They ruin it for us more trustworthy folks.
So I may buy a few bucks of comics - but I ain't sending you $300. Just saying.
edited by kds_comics on 4/29/2016
0 link
Laroo42
Laroo42

3/16/2016

Laroo42
Laroo42
Purchasing comics through CPG is only an introduction to someone who has what you want/need.
I would connect through email and trade photos of the comics before purchasing (especially at $300).
You do this upfront on eBay and with several FB groups that I belong to, so why wouldn't you do it here?
As to why someone wouldn't respond? Good question. If they don't have their account forwarded to a reliable email, they may never get your message. If they've set up an account here, but never check it or have abandoned it then it's a lost cause.
I'm not sure if admin can check the frequency of the log-in of an account, but maybe it's better I don't ask! Hah!
0 link
taskmaster
taskmaster

3/16/2016

taskmaster
taskmaster
Laroo42 wrote:
Purchasing comics through CPG is only an introduction to someone who has what you want/need.
I would connect through email and trade photos of the comics before purchasing (especially at $300).
You do this upfront on eBay and with several FB groups that I belong to, so why wouldn't you do it here?
As to why someone wouldn't respond? Good question. If they don't have their account forwarded to a reliable email, they may never get your message. If they've set up an account here, but never check it or have abandoned it then it's a lost cause.
I'm not sure if admin can check the frequency of the log-in of an account, but maybe it's better I don't ask! Hah!

Yea who could I forward this too to check??? If I had a chance of making some money I would like a chance to make it..
0 link
genuine_article_comics
genuine_article_comics

3/16/2016

Are you saying you made the $300 offer on books?

If so, maybe the $300 offer was a low ball offer and you're being ignored.

Is that possible?

What books were you trying to.buy?
0 link
taskmaster
taskmaster

3/17/2016

taskmaster
taskmaster
genuine_article_comics wrote:

Is that possible?

Can you guys get less sarcastic?? (I know my books I've been buying and selling for over 20 years and collecting for close to 40)

Daredevil #168
Daredevil #181

And some other Daredevil's he had his prices all added up to the $300 so if the buyer wants that and the books are 9.4-9.6 like he stated and someone with a good rep wants to buy them what's the problem then?
0 link
uchihadesendent
uchihadesendent

3/17/2016

uchihadesendent
uchihadesendent
Shotgun22 wrote:

Is that possible?

Can you guys get less sarcastic?? (I know my books I've been buying and selling for over 20 years and collecting for close to 40)

Daredevil #168
Daredevil #181

And some other Daredevil's he had his prices all added up to the $300 so if the buyer wants that and the books are 9.4-9.6 like he stated and someone with a good rep wants to buy them what's the problem then?

The problem was that is was a lowball offer especially with dd season 2 around the corner.
0 link
taskmaster
taskmaster

3/17/2016

taskmaster
taskmaster
uchihadesendent wrote:
Shotgun22 wrote:

Is that possible?

Daredevil #168
Daredevil #181

The problem was that is was a lowball offer especially with dd season 2 around the corner.

Really lowball?? Since the book goes for $220 and #181 30 that's $250 yea real lowball especially since I'm the only one that made an offer on it for the past 2 months and he started out at $180...Yea OK
0 link
CapnDoug
CapnDoug
Administrator

3/17/2016

CapnDoug
CapnDoug
Administrator
If the seller didn't respond, the seller didn't respond. Don't read anything more into it than that. It doesn't mean that the offer was too low. It doesn't mean that the seller has disappeared. The only person who would know why the seller didn't respond is the seller. Don't read anything more into it than that.
0 link
taskmaster
taskmaster

3/18/2016

taskmaster
taskmaster
CapnDoug wrote:
If the seller didn't respond, the seller didn't respond. Don't read anything more into it than that. It doesn't mean that the offer was too low. It doesn't mean that the seller has disappeared. The only person who would know why the seller didn't respond is the seller. Don't read anything more into it than that.

I'm not looking into anything just curious why someone would post items to sell then not be connected in case they do sell....Maybe someone (mod) could get the info to that person?
edited by Shotgun22 on 3/18/2016
0 link
CapnDoug
CapnDoug
Administrator

3/18/2016

CapnDoug
CapnDoug
Administrator
Shotgun22 wrote:
CapnDoug wrote:

I'm not looking into anything just curious why someone would post items to sell then not be connected in case they do sell....Maybe someone (mod) could get the info to that person?
edited by Shotgun22 on 3/18/2016

I am a mod. I don't appear to have access to that info, though. I've tried every which way to get that info and it does not seem to exist for the classifieds and marketplace. They exist for the forums, but the classifieds seem to still be designed for the forums to be separate. For example, you seem to have joined after the site recovered from it's massive server failure. A lot of people seem to have left the site as a result of the main site being without a lot of functionality for over two months. This seller may be one of them.

That being said, there are many other sellers on the site who would be glad to do business with you. Perhaps, instead of focusing on why there has been no communication from one seller, you could contact another seller in hopes that they will be more responsive.
0 link
genuine_article_comics
genuine_article_comics

3/18/2016

Shotgun22 wrote:

Is that possible?

Daredevil #168
Daredevil #181

It's not sacarcasm but you're asking us to explain why a seller didn't respond to your offer. He may have thought your offer was low. He may have changed his mind on selling those books. He may not sell internationally. He may have accidentally over graded/under graded the books and chose to neglect offers. He may have already sold the books and forgot to pull listing. He may have been on vacation for 2 weeks... And on and on and on.....
edited by genuine_article_comics on 3/18/2016
0 link
taskmaster
taskmaster

3/19/2016

taskmaster
taskmaster
Shotgun22 wrote:

Is that possible?

Daredevil #168
Daredevil #181

It's not sacarcasm but you're asking us to explain why a seller didn't respond to your offer. He may have thought your offer was low. He may have changed his mind on selling those books. He may not sell internationally. He may have accidentally over graded/under graded the books and chose to neglect offers. He may have already sold the books and forgot to pull listing. He may have been on vacation for 2 weeks... And on and on and on.....

Yes it is sarcasm because I've been on this site BEFORE the crash but just haven't had a need to post in the forums until now so I thought a straight forward answer would have been nice you should have answered like this instead of the other way because it comes off as being sarcastic...
0 link
CapnDoug
CapnDoug
Administrator

3/19/2016

CapnDoug
CapnDoug
Administrator
Ok, both of you need to stop this little tiff now. Text is not good at conveying tone, consider it a misunderstanding and move on.
0 link
genuinearticlecomics
genuinearticlecomics

3/23/2016

Shotgun22 wrote:
Shotgun22 wrote:

Is that possible?

Daredevil #168
Daredevil #181

It's not sarcasm but you're asking us to explain why a seller didn't respond to your offer. He may have thought your offer was low. He may have changed his mind on selling those books. He may not sell internationally. He may have accidentally over graded/under graded the books and chose to neglect offers. He may have already sold the books and forgot to pull listing. He may have been on vacation for 2 weeks... And on and on and on.....

Yes it is sarcasm because I've been on this site BEFORE the crash but just haven't had a need to post in the forums until now so I thought a straight forward answer would have been nice you should have answered like this instead of the other way because it comes off as being sarcastic...

My apologies. I certainly did not intend to come across as sarcastic and I was sincerely asking if it's possible your offer could be considered low. All is good. I hope the seller contacts you.
0 link
taskmaster
taskmaster

4/18/2016

taskmaster
taskmaster
Does anyone know the user Apenza?

I've made two different offers in at least $100 or more on books and no response?

Help?
0 link