Laroo42

all messages by user

1/1/2016
Topic:
What happened to the old forums?

Laroo42
Laroo42
I'm glad everything is back up and running!

Happy New Year!

smile
1/26/2016
Topic:
Print Comic list

Laroo42
Laroo42
Hey!
If you wish to print the comics you own that have been entered into the CPG database, you can:
1) Click on the My Comic Boxes tab
2) Choose the box you wish to print with the down arrow on the left
3) Click the Print option

Hope this helps!
1/26/2016
Topic:
Ability to export "My Comic Collection"?

Laroo42
Laroo42
Hey!
I just did this (on a PC) to make sure it works:
1) Click the My Comic Boxes on the toolbar tab
2) Select the box that you wish to "export" (down arrow on the left)
3) Select Print
4) Don't print it but, convert it to a PDF. I used Adobe.

Hope this helps!
1/26/2016
Topic:
exporting list?

Laroo42
Laroo42
Hey!
I just did this (on a PC) to make sure it works:
1) Click the My Comic Boxes on the toolbar tab
2) Select the box that you wish to "export" (down arrow on the left)
3) Select Print
4) Don't print it but, convert it to a PDF. I used Adobe.

Hope this helps!
1/26/2016
Topic:
Nova #2 TPB

Laroo42
Laroo42
Hey!

In regards to: Nova #2 TPB (2007-2010) Volume 4

The Facts have the book titled as Knowwhere, when in fact it should be Knowhere. (see cover photo)
http://comicspriceguide.com/collection/marvel/nova/2/wixvbq

Thanks!
edited by Laroo42 on 1/26/2016
1/26/2016
Topic:
Display Case Images

Laroo42
Laroo42
Hey,
It appears that my display case consists of images I scanned for the database.
How do I change/ delete / add images to my display case?
Thanks!
1/27/2016
Topic:
Display Case Images

Laroo42
Laroo42
Thank you very much for the tutorial!
Unfortunately, it doesn't show me how to delete images from my display case.
As well, because the display case consists of only scans, it is not a true reflection of my 12 most valuable comics unless I scan them (if I understand correctly).
Thanks again!
2/1/2016
Topic:
Where does CPG get the prices?

Laroo42
Laroo42
Hey,

Prices fluctuate with supply and demand obviously, and I'm sure the prices are speculative and based on how clear the crystal ball is.
But... I was going to make a similar comment regarding Batman #1 (New 52). Raw, the book in VF/NM has been selling at the prices listed by CPG (about $100), but slabbed I have yet to see a 9.8 go for $1000?!? I've seen between $200 - $400. That too is a big discrepancy.
Now, before I complain too loudly, I own one...
Dave
2/9/2016
Topic:
BATMAN #635 Fact Error

Laroo42
Laroo42
Hey,

The facts for this issue are incorrect.

Replace the word READ with RED.

Unless of course, Jason Todd does become READ hood?!?

Thanks!
2/10/2016
Topic:
Artists Database

Laroo42
Laroo42
Hey,

I've been adding artists, writers, inkers, etc. information to issues and noticed that the database needs a cleaning up! There are some misspelled and incorrect names. Admittedly, I may have made some errors and only realized after the fact.

As well, searching under the last name (Anderson for example), the first names are not sorted alphabetically. Brad is after Craig, HoChe, Murphy, Patty, Kevin...

Just food for thought in making things a little more user friendly.

P.S. How does one add a FACT about a book?

Thanks!
Dave
2/11/2016
Topic:
Canadian Edition Vs. USA

Laroo42
Laroo42
Hey Bigelk,
You can use CPG's database to catalog and price your newly acquired collection. Depending on the comic and the issue, there may or may not be a difference between Canadian and American edition.
YES! You can attach pictures to get opinions on what grade your comics might be.
Good luck!
Dave
2/11/2016
Topic:
New to CPG, and have a few questions

Laroo42
Laroo42
Hey JohnCe,
Yes, you can sell through CPG, but you and the buyer are responsible for the transaction. I do believe this is posted in the rules/ regulations for buying/ selling in the forums.
Grading IS subjective, but sending photographs to your perspective buyer can help reduce any doubt as to whether your 8 is really a 5. This would be the same as selling anything on eBay.
If you have a local comic shop, they may help you with grading your books. They may even help you sell them or know of a buyer.
Hope this helps,
Dave
2/12/2016
Topic:
Canadian Edition Vs. USA

Laroo42
Laroo42
Hey Bigelk,

The pictures look great, but...
To get a better idea of condition, you'll have to take them out of the bag to reduce the glare.
A large part of grading are creases, tears, staining, folds, etc. Most damage occurs on the spine or corners. You may want to zoom in and take a closer picture of any damages.
Otherwise, the comics look to be in fantastic condition for their age!
Dave
2/12/2016
Topic:
Sales Listing Views

Laroo42
Laroo42
Hey,

Besides the account tab on the top left of the tool bar, is there another place to look at how many views a sales item has?

Thanks,
Dave
2/17/2016
Topic:
Annuals

Laroo42
Laroo42
2/17/2016
Topic:
Interesting auction find

Laroo42
Laroo42
Hey,
I have a friend who collects error covers and will typically pay more than guide.
Just saying...
Dave
2/19/2016
Topic:
Grading: Your opinion?

Laroo42
Laroo42
Yes, I would say this comic is a Near Mint.
Using the description in the CPG grading guide, a NM does allow for some (very) minor flaws; NM is only a 9.4.
When I catalog a new, off the shelf comic I have just purchased from a store, I assume (yes I know what assuming means), that it is a 9.4.
Now, we could argue about whether it would make it to a 9.6? That would require a much closer inspection in my opinion.
Dave
2/25/2016
Topic:
Current comic values very outdated?

Laroo42
Laroo42
Hey Marvin,

While I don't disagree that some of the CPG values aren't 100% accurate, I don't think your Star Wars #1 is worth $18k either. A quick search of eBay sales shows an average of about $1K since the beginning of December.
Now I know this is only one source and that a collectible is only worth what someone is willing to pay, but I DO agree that CPG is doing an awesome job with the staff they have.
There was a comment made by admin that CPG members may be able to help with helping to adjust values based on what the current market is showing... unfortunately, I don't remember where I saw it.
Dave
2/25/2016
Topic:

Laroo42
Laroo42
Hey Marvin,

I didn't misunderstand at all. Have a look for yourself!
2/25/2016
Topic:

Laroo42
Laroo42
Well Aaron, thanks for the correction.

Colour me embarassed! I guess Iearned something new today!

Thanks,
Dave
1234 ..6