A new way to list? Messages in this topic - RSS

rixmaxx
rixmaxx

6/5/2016

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
Is it possible to view my collection in order of book value?..... If not, would it be possible for CPG to write a new algorithm to make that possible?........... Just thinkin' ............would be nice..........any thoughts?......smile
+1 link
Laroo42
Laroo42

6/6/2016

Laroo42
Laroo42
This is possible within a specific publisher, but not overall. But, I'm sure you've noticed that already...
0 link
rixmaxx
rixmaxx

6/6/2016

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
How do you see more than just your top 5 though?
0 link
Laroo42
Laroo42

6/6/2016

Laroo42
Laroo42
Good point. I don't see a way to get that information easily.
0 link
rixmaxx
rixmaxx

6/6/2016

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
Exactly, so back to my original question, would it be possible for CPG to write a new algorithm to make that possible?smile
0 link
Laroo42
Laroo42

6/7/2016

Laroo42
Laroo42
I tried something else, that didn't work BUT... I think may be an easier fix?!? While in a comic box within your collection, you can click on the value tab. I assumed it would arrange them from ascending to descending values, but unfortunately, just reversed them alphabetically... boo.
0 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

6/7/2016

kds_comics
kds_comics
rixmaxx wrote:
Is it possible to view my collection in order of book value?..... If not, would it be possible for CPG to write a new algorithm to make that possible?........... Just thinkin' ............would be nice..........any thoughts?......smile

As an alternative - you can download each publisher a in spreadsheet format. You sort this spreadsheet to list most valuable comics first. So you can list most valuable comics by publisher.

You can (manually) combine your individual publisher spreadsheets into one spreadsheet - they you can manipulate the list any way you want.

Another alternative - if you upload scans of your comics, the most expensive 12 comics (that have uploads ONLY) come up in your display window. Mine is here.

http://comicspriceguide.com/cpg-member/kds_comics

Really - you can already do this... just IMHO

KDS
edited by kds_comics on 6/7/2016
0 link
rixmaxx
rixmaxx

6/7/2016

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
http://comicspriceguide.com/cpg-member/rixmaxx

Well, I knew that, here's mine, but again, that's not what I was looking for. I was looking for a way to look at ALL my books according to value,( at least the top 100) without me having to manually figure that out. (which I have already) Things can change on a weekly basis and it would be nice to just click on a button. It would seem to be a very easy algorithm to add to the site. Just me wishin' I guess. smile.........(btw your link didn't work, it said "user not found") sorryupset - Rick
0 link
uagman
uagman

2/15/2022

uagman
uagman
Just found this thread from a few years ago and would love to second this concept! While I love collecting and reading and the art and the stories, there's also that part of me that loves seeing top values. It would be great to have an easy way to see a top 100 list of my entire collection, across all the boxes, without having to upload additional images. I have not found it by searching, but I am fairly new to the platform, so maybe I'm missing it? If one has been created, can someone please post a link or a few directions? And if not, that would be an awesome addition to this incredible platform!
0 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

2/15/2022

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
uagman wrote:
Just found this thread from a few years ago and would love to second this concept! While I love collecting and reading and the art and the stories, there's also that part of me that loves seeing top values. It would be great to have an easy way to see a top 100 list of my entire collection, across all the boxes, without having to upload additional images. I have not found it by searching, but I am fairly new to the platform, so maybe I'm missing it? If one has been created, can someone please post a link or a few directions? And if not, that would be an awesome addition to this incredible platform!

see this thread from last year: https://comicspriceguide.com/forum/topic16535-collection-features.aspx

still only shows you the top 25 books. if you're a paying member and you have a Display Case, you can add pics to it and that will show 48 comics and sort by highest value. see this thread: https://comicspriceguide.com/forum/topic12743-viewing-your-collection-values.aspx

so they've increased the sort by value number from top 5 to 10 to 25 now, maybe eventually they'll go higher, keep asking.
0 link
uagman
uagman

2/16/2022

uagman
uagman
Thanks so much for those links! And thanks for the progress, CPG! Yes, would love to see the total even higher than 25, if possible. But this is great!
0 link