colbalt91

all messages by user

6/4/2020
Topic:
Stargirl television series

colbalt91
colbalt91
Episode 3 of Star Girl seems like they were just treading water. Not much happened and some logic problems. I hope number 4 is back to the quality I have been used to
6/8/2020
Topic:
Marvel Comics now at Walmart

colbalt91
colbalt91
It is not really the kids that caused the damage from looking at them. In fact I do not think kids read them in a Walmart. The damage seems to be just perhaps the way Walmart stores them before they put them out or maybe how they get shipped to a Walmart. So, there are fewer of these comics in a very excellent condition. Right now because some of these comics have been out there for two weeks or more before DC announced they would not make it to the comic shops more have got roughed up a little bit more from handling. But that makes them all the more rare in a nice condition.
7/23/2021
Topic:
Gwenpool 1st appearance

colbalt91
colbalt91
The first appearance of Gwenkpool is now starting to move. That is Deadpools secret secret War # 2 I talked about earlier. I guess people are finally starting to realize what is her first appearance
1/12/2022
Topic:
Dwayne Hickman dead at age 87

colbalt91
colbalt91
Dwayne Hickman who starred in The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis television show which was a DC comic book in the early 60's has died this past week. Bob Denver, of Gilligan's Island fame, co-starred with him on the show.
1/12/2022
Topic:
Does anybody watch ABC television anymore?

colbalt91
colbalt91
I noticed at this gym I go to that has a bank of televisions overhead that you can watch as you exercise that someone had changed the ABC designated TV to Fox News about 3 weeks ago. And it has remained that way since. Apparently no one watches ABC TV, because they would have notified the management to change it. Maybe ABC should forget about their Nielsen ratings surveys and watch what happens in real life at a gym.
3/5/2022
Topic:

colbalt91
colbalt91
By coincidence the date I put the notice about ABC being not on at the gym on the correct Channel which was 26 days, that was the day they must have discovered it and switched it back to ABC. However three days ago at the gym I noticed they now have TNT in ABC's place and nobody apparently has noticed. I guess Disney who owns ABC puts all their effort into their Disney streaming shows ABC is just a stepchild and it shows by how nobody even notices when it's not there.
3/22/2022
Topic:

colbalt91
colbalt91
Due to the tornado storms that hit the Austin Texas area yesterday the television sets in the gym were knocked out and reset, and ABC returned, but on another station's television. The people running the gym had no clue as to how to reset the televisions. Today I talked to the manager and he reset them correctly so now ABC is actually back on the ABC set. Up until yesterday nobody had noticed and I had to be the one, how ironic, to bring ABC back.
3/28/2022
Topic:

colbalt91
colbalt91
Last night I asked a friend if they were going to watch the Oscars on ABC. They had an illegal DirecTV line and they said that they don't watch ABC so they forgot the code to get ABC. Once again, this time not at a gym, nobody watches ABC. And at the gym ABC is gone again and TNT is in its place.
3/29/2022
Topic:

colbalt91
colbalt91
Never should have told that manager about ABC. When I went back ABC was back. This manager is only there temporarily as the real manager is pregnant. So I guess I have to hope for her to come back, as she is clueless, and then wait for ABC to vanish again. This current manager as more snap and I guess he checks the TVs. Plus with all that Oscar hubbub with Will Smith and Chris Rock... Somebody was actually watching ABC.
edited by colbalt91 on 3/29/2022
4/7/2022
Topic:
Does CBS watch CBS...?

colbalt91
colbalt91
I was at the gym again that has multiple televisions going at the same time overhead and I noticed that the closed captioning which is on for all the television stations was basically incoherent for CBS. I guess they have a special hiring program for monkeys as the closed captioning for any CBS program including advertisements could only go about three to four words coherently before it would turn into gibberish and then maybe another two or three words would show up that looked coherent and then return to gibberish. Since the majority of people don't use closed captioning, I guess CBS doesn't get many complaints. Turn on your closed captioning for CBS and see what I mean. This would even be for news programs that happened earlier in the day that should have been corrected or had enough time to be corrected.
4/7/2022
Topic:
Companies suddenly finding out of stock comics

colbalt91
colbalt91
I was reading this comic book internet article about this one company that was putting some of their Comics that supposedly have been sold out, back online. Maybe I'm being overly suspicious, but I have the feeling these companies set these Comics aside in case they went up in value later. And since they probably did not go up in value they are now putting them back online in order to get rid of the backlog so they don't take too big a loss. I remember I always had suspicions about this other company a long time ago that did stuff like this. I would order items from them and I would never receive certain items until a long time had passed. And some items I never got. Eventually I figured out that the items I got were items the company figured were not going to go up in value so the company put through my order. And items I never got they were able to sell somewhere else for a profit over what they initially asked. By coincidence, after my reading the initial article, a friend of mine sent me a message talking about how he noticed a bunch of companies we're trying to get rid of their backlog. Not the company that I initially read about. So, buyer beware!