Gwenpool 1st appearance Messages in this topic - RSS

scottjones_1975
scottjones_1975

4/9/2020

scottjones_1975
scottjones_1975
Howard the Duck #1 with the 1st appearance of Gwenpool has been going under the radar. On April 5, two 9.8 graded copies sold on eBay for $149.99 and $130.27 + shipping and this comic could easily start taking off in value.
0 link
drewzer15
drewzer15

4/9/2020

drewzer15
drewzer15
And then 2 sold right after that for half the price. This book is all over the place for values. To hard to determine a solid price.
0 link
scottjones_1975
scottjones_1975

4/9/2020

scottjones_1975
scottjones_1975
I agree it's hard to determine a solid price right now, but no doubt this book has potential. I'm always looking for bargains and this seems like a good one to take a flier on while there may be a few cheap copies out there.
0 link
colbalt91
colbalt91

4/11/2020

colbalt91
colbalt91
What screwing everything up is that is not Gwenpool's first appearance. Deadpool's Secret Secret Wars # 2 variant cover is her first appearance. She was never intended to be a real character. What happened is some girl loved the costume and started wearing it to Comic Cons and then other people started copying her because they loved the costume also. These cosplay players became so popular that even Marvel had to pay attention and so Marvel finally brought her out as a comic book character in Howard the Duck # 1. ThT was about six months after she had her first cover appearance. I, myself loved the costume so much I bought 30 copies when it first came out. Still have them.
0 link
rixmaxx
rixmaxx

4/11/2020

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
Want to sell one? smile............seriously
edited by rixmaxx on 4/11/2020
0 link
colbalt91
colbalt91

4/17/2020

colbalt91
colbalt91
Well, first I have to find them in my collection which is not logically in order. For a while there you could order tons of comics from Midtown and Dynamic Forces. It was Joshua Middleton second Batgirl cover that caused everything to change. I think the big companies realized that they could make some money by keeping it to themselves and limiting the amount going out to their customers. By the way Dynamic forces are crooks. I did get some of my multiple copies of Gwenpool from then, but only because I think they did not work know what they had. I think the way. Dynamic Force works is they would offer comics and then if they got hot they would just not bother to send them to you and make excuses about there's some delay somewhere. And if the comics you ordered did not get hot within a certain amount of time they would send them to you. They made a big screw-up on Gwenpool.
0 link
rixmaxx
rixmaxx

4/17/2020

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
colbalt91 wrote:
Well, first I have to find them in my collection which is not logically in order. For a while there you could order tons of comics from Midtown and Dynamic Forces. It was Joshua Middleton second Batgirl cover that caused everything to change. I think the big companies realized that they could make some money by keeping it to themselves and limiting the amount going out to their customers. By the way Dynamic forces are crooks. I did get some of my multiple copies of Gwenpool from then, but only because I think they did not work know what they had. I think the way. Dynamic Force works is they would offer comics and then if they got hot they would just not bother to send them to you and make excuses about there's some delay somewhere. And if the comics you ordered did not get hot within a certain amount of time they would send them to you. They made a big screw-up on Gwenpool.

Is that a yes? smile
0 link
taskmaster
taskmaster

4/19/2020

taskmaster
taskmaster
How come certain people (Of late) have the inside track on "hot comics" that were/are worthless and no one cared about (or new one's) that all of a sudden became "hot" and are going for FULL price or more....Hmmmmm sounds fishy...???
0 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

4/20/2020

Defiant1
Defiant1
There is no mystery on what types of comics will ultimately hold value or increase. First appearances of new characters always have potential. Some people focus on them and target them for their collection. For every comic that becomes hot, there are five more that have the same potential. Some people are sitting on current duds that will eventually increase in demand.
0 link
colbalt91
colbalt91

4/21/2020

colbalt91
colbalt91
Also, there are now these internet sites that give out information almost instantaneously when something starts to move in the comic world or the movie World which is now so closely tied to comics. However, I do not like these variants that keep popping up that usually sell for much more than the regular comic. I try to avoid those as usually they fall down in value, but they disrupt the normal flow of the comic business. If I see a great cover I usually buy multiple copies. I figure if I liked it then down the line other people will Discover it sooner or later. And if it never goes up it does not matter to me because I like the cover.
edited by colbalt91 on 4/21/2020
0 link
taskmaster
taskmaster

4/22/2020

taskmaster
taskmaster
Defiant1 wrote:
There is no mystery on what types of comics will ultimately hold value or increase. First appearances of new characters always have potential. Some people focus on them and target them for their collection. For every comic that becomes hot, there are five more that have the same potential. Some people are sitting on current duds that will eventually increase in demand.

Then explain how Punchline was so popular and sold out even BEFORE the issues she was in ever hit retail shelves.

Only certain people knew she was coming and had no idea about her appearances until the last minute.
edited by Taskmaster on 4/22/2020
0 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

4/22/2020

Defiant1
Defiant1
Taskmaster wrote:

Then explain how Punchline was so popular and sold out even BEFORE the issues she was in ever hit retail shelves.

Only certain people knew she was coming and had no idea about her appearances until the last minute.

Sorry. I'm not buying comics anymore. I don't know who punchline is.

Do you read Previews? Do you talk to enthusiastic creators at conventions?
There are plenty of ways to find out about something before it comes
out. People can get advance tips.

I used to buy three copies of every comic I bought. One to read.
One to remain unopened. One to sell if it increased in value. Some
people look at comics the day they come out and then immediately order extra of the
things they think will be hot from online retailers or other local
stores.

I own my copy of Amazing Fantasy #15 because I was
really good at predicting what comics would be hot. I traded a short box
of "modern" comics in the 90's for a $900 copy of Amazing Fantasy #15.
My copy is now worth over $12,000. I predicted what new comics would be
hot then and I traded them for an old comic that knew would increase in
value. It's not really rocket science but it can be extremely risky with
modern comics. They cost too much and the gamble isn't worth it unless
it's for personal amusement and testing your ability to invest wisely.
edited by Defiant1 on 4/22/2020
0 link
drewzer15
drewzer15

4/23/2020

drewzer15
drewzer15
Taskmaster wrote:
Defiant1 wrote:

I don't know how you missed Punchline. I don't follow any spec sites and knew she was coming a month before hand. But there are 2 kinds of comic buyers the ones that go pick up their books and leave, and then ones like me that practically spend the whole Wednesday talking comics with the owners and customers.
0 link
masterwyn
masterwyn

4/24/2020

masterwyn
masterwyn
One eBay dealer just got a bunch of CGC 9.8 Cover As back from CGC. I picked up 4 at $60 as an investment.
0 link
BasementComics
BasementComics

4/24/2020

BasementComics
BasementComics
You could have ordered them from Dynamic Forces for a lot cheaper. Granted, your guy had them whereas DF is still waiting. We just don't know what the grade DF's will come in at.
0 link
colbalt91
colbalt91

4/25/2020

colbalt91
colbalt91
And as I said earlier...Dynamic Forces are a little bit on the crooked side.. a whole lot. You may never get your books if they go up in value.
0 link
taskmaster
taskmaster

4/25/2020

taskmaster
taskmaster
drewzer15 wrote:
Taskmaster wrote:
Defiant1 wrote:

I don't know how you missed Punchline. I don't follow any spec sites and knew she was coming a month before hand. But there are 2 kinds of comic buyers the ones that go pick up their books and leave, and then ones like me that practically spend the whole Wednesday talking comics with the owners and customers.

Yes AFTER the fact and alot of comic book stores kept ALL of the books then sat on them for bigger dollars even though they were not worth it yet so they never made it to the shelf UNLESS you either knew the comic book store owner or got lucky...When some things are known like this the general person will never get a chance...

And god forbid trying to buy it on E-Bay because even though it's "Worth" one price it's going to go for 3-4 times because of stupid greedy ass people so why the hell would I pay for a RAW book 3-4 times that is going to drop and never hold it's value....
0 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

4/26/2020

Defiant1
Defiant1
drewzer15 wrote:
Taskmaster wrote:
Defiant1 wrote:

I avoid new comics like the plague. I can't stand them. I used to hang out at multiple stores. I used to have dinner with the owners or managers after the stores closed. I don't even like walking into them now because they have nothing I want. Most of the stores I liked have closed and the employees sought more lucrative ways to earn income. I still have around 10,000 comics. I like the art form. Back when I was in the thick of it, stores were asking me what was going to be hot. They sold me comics at 40% off cover price or more because they wanted me to hang out more and pick my brain for insights into what would be hot.
0 link
Comicsdangotsigned
Comicsdangotsigned

6/4/2020

The market itself determines whats gonna happen with that book. There are a lot of copies out there. Much less copies of dp's secret secret wars 2 so thats the hot one unless you could find the Ron Lim variant. I do think its worth picking up the howard 2nd print if its 5 or under. It has a much smaller print run and may become collectible like edge of spiderverse 2's additional printings or ultimate fallout 4. Got 4 of those in the 2 dollar bin a few years ago.i would still pick up howard 1 cover A if i saw it around 10-12. Cant go wrong. It may not go through the roof but i cant see it going under that price
0 link
colbalt91
colbalt91

7/23/2021

colbalt91
colbalt91
The first appearance of Gwenkpool is now starting to move. That is Deadpools secret secret War # 2 I talked about earlier. I guess people are finally starting to realize what is her first appearance
0 link