Does CBS watch CBS...? Messages in this topic - RSS

colbalt91
colbalt91

4/7/2022

colbalt91
colbalt91
I was at the gym again that has multiple televisions going at the same time overhead and I noticed that the closed captioning which is on for all the television stations was basically incoherent for CBS. I guess they have a special hiring program for monkeys as the closed captioning for any CBS program including advertisements could only go about three to four words coherently before it would turn into gibberish and then maybe another two or three words would show up that looked coherent and then return to gibberish. Since the majority of people don't use closed captioning, I guess CBS doesn't get many complaints. Turn on your closed captioning for CBS and see what I mean. This would even be for news programs that happened earlier in the day that should have been corrected or had enough time to be corrected.
0 link
Xvipah73
Xvipah73

4/7/2022

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
Did CBS fire you once or something? Seems a strange subject for so much vitriol smile
0 link
agamoto
agamoto

4/7/2022

agamoto
agamoto
It's almost certainly not CBS' fault, but a fault in a setting on a downstream encoder, almost always at the local cable company, which causes the encoded captioning in the SCTE stream to get corrupted. Happens a lot.
0 link