Does anybody watch ABC television anymore? Messages in this topic - RSS

colbalt91
colbalt91

1/12/2022

colbalt91
colbalt91
I noticed at this gym I go to that has a bank of televisions overhead that you can watch as you exercise that someone had changed the ABC designated TV to Fox News about 3 weeks ago. And it has remained that way since. Apparently no one watches ABC TV, because they would have notified the management to change it. Maybe ABC should forget about their Nielsen ratings surveys and watch what happens in real life at a gym.
0 link
glorkar
glorkar

1/12/2022

glorkar
glorkar
I don't tend to watch a lot of regular television in general. I just jumped on ABC's site to see what shows they even have. Can say with all honesty that I have no desire to watch a single one of them.
+1 link
Xvipah73
Xvipah73

1/12/2022

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
Yea, cause what happens at a gym is DEFINITELY representative of the rest of society. smile
0 link
Gilgandra
Gilgandra

1/12/2022

Gilgandra
Gilgandra
I must say I'm much the same. So much rot on regular TV now. To much negatively (from a News point of view). If there is no News they make it up just to keep us watching them. For me, Either Netflix or falling asleep watching YouTube half the time 🤣😂
0 link
colbalt91
colbalt91

3/5/2022

colbalt91
colbalt91
By coincidence the date I put the notice about ABC being not on at the gym on the correct Channel which was 26 days, that was the day they must have discovered it and switched it back to ABC. However three days ago at the gym I noticed they now have TNT in ABC's place and nobody apparently has noticed. I guess Disney who owns ABC puts all their effort into their Disney streaming shows ABC is just a stepchild and it shows by how nobody even notices when it's not there.
0 link
rgtichy
rgtichy

3/14/2022

rgtichy
rgtichy
There's not much there on our local ABC affiliate, I agree.

Abbott Elementary has been funny, I'm not sure that's consistent.

Blackish really hits once in a great while. When it's not hitting, though, I'm bored.

Funny thing: Disney is selling whole shows to NBC and CBS at the same time. Young Sheldon and Big Bang Theory are ABCtv productions they sell to CBS, e.g.
0 link
colbalt91
colbalt91

3/22/2022

colbalt91
colbalt91
Due to the tornado storms that hit the Austin Texas area yesterday the television sets in the gym were knocked out and reset, and ABC returned, but on another station's television. The people running the gym had no clue as to how to reset the televisions. Today I talked to the manager and he reset them correctly so now ABC is actually back on the ABC set. Up until yesterday nobody had noticed and I had to be the one, how ironic, to bring ABC back.
0 link
colbalt91
colbalt91

3/28/2022

colbalt91
colbalt91
Last night I asked a friend if they were going to watch the Oscars on ABC. They had an illegal DirecTV line and they said that they don't watch ABC so they forgot the code to get ABC. Once again, this time not at a gym, nobody watches ABC. And at the gym ABC is gone again and TNT is in its place.
0 link
colbalt91
colbalt91

3/29/2022

colbalt91
colbalt91
Never should have told that manager about ABC. When I went back ABC was back. This manager is only there temporarily as the real manager is pregnant. So I guess I have to hope for her to come back, as she is clueless, and then wait for ABC to vanish again. This current manager as more snap and I guess he checks the TVs. Plus with all that Oscar hubbub with Will Smith and Chris Rock... Somebody was actually watching ABC.
edited by colbalt91 on 3/29/2022
0 link