colbalt91

all messages by user

1/2/2016
Topic:
Ecxalibur

colbalt91
colbalt91
Hey, that Ant-man movie has gone past Thor and Captain America in box office revenue. That is why there will be a sequel.
1/8/2016
Topic:
CapnDoug's Back Issue Discoveries

colbalt91
colbalt91
The Red Tornado recently appeared on the Supergirl television series so you did make a very good buy no matter what you did pay for it. I remember buying that issue when I was very young and I still have it. It is a very dynamic cover.
1/11/2016
Topic:
TNT's TV show "Titans" is dead.

colbalt91
colbalt91
DC has a blonde bimbo in charge. Good looking, but living up to the blonde stereotype.
1/11/2016
Topic:

colbalt91
colbalt91
Speaking of everything turning to gold, Marvel has officially announced the Black Panther film to be released February 16th 2018.
1/12/2016
Topic:

colbalt91
colbalt91
You forgot to mention that 2 million lost in the Convergence fiasco. And then you forgot to mention that somehow DC management forgot to put out a Supergirl comic book when they were suddenly faced with the sudden appearance of a Supergirl television series. And then, of course, the damaged comics in the polybags for the Harley Quinn Blackbook comic books. No, she's a bimbo.
1/18/2016
Topic:
WHAT'S HOT, WHAT'S NOT

colbalt91
colbalt91
It seems that this past week's Power Rangers #0 is very hot. Almost every issue including the exclusive variant covers. It seemed to take people by surprise as most people were concentrating on the rare Walking Dead #150 cover.
2/5/2016
Topic:
Deadpool movie

colbalt91
colbalt91
  • I saw the movie last night and it is really good, and definitely an 'R' rated movie. Dialog, violence and nudity. And Deadpool. And Stan Lee. And an extra scene after the credits. And the Deadpool snarky humor even extends to the movie making fun of a certain green superhero that Reynolds had played in another movie.
2/10/2016
Topic:
Deadpool movie

colbalt91
colbalt91
Now I see some news stories talking about how there will probably be a sequel to Deadpool.
2/14/2016
Topic:
Deadpool movie

colbalt91
colbalt91
Deadpool has shattered every Presidents Day weekend record and is predicted to make a hundred fifty million for the four day weekend.
2/19/2016
Topic:
WHAT'S HOT, WHAT'S NOT

colbalt91
colbalt91
I am looking at the recently published spanish language Deadpool which is not actually Deadpool, but another guy dressed like Deadpool called Masacre, or something like that. A sort of Mexican Deadpool. At first, I thought this was Deadpool, but in spanish, but now I realize it is another character entirely. He is now teamed up with Deadpool in the Mercs for Hire title. Now I heard that this issue will be reissued in english. So, something is going on there. It is, or should be readily available on the comic racks even though it came out about a month or two ago. Just a hunch here...
3/3/2016
Topic:
WHAT'S HOT, WHAT'S NOT

colbalt91
colbalt91
Just saw on eBay where the comic book, Monstrous # 1, which came out about 4 months ago, just sold CGC 9.8 for $177.50 Will somebody explain that one. And no, this is not a variant.
edited by colbalt91 on 3/3/2016
edited by colbalt91 on 3/3/2016
3/9/2016
Topic:
10 Cloverfield Lane starring John Goodman

colbalt91
colbalt91
Wow! This is a fantastic movie. Exactly what M Night Shyamalan has been trying to do for the last 10 years but failing miserably. He will be eating his heart out if he sees this movie. This movie is what you expect it to be, and then it is not, and then it is and then it is not. 10 Cloverfield Lane will knock your socks off.
3/21/2016
Topic:
Gwenom Is Coming

colbalt91
colbalt91
Well, for those that can't get enough of SpiderGwen, Marvel is now adding Gwenom which like Gwen Pool started as just a drawing on a comic book cover. On a variant of Guardians of Knowhere #1 to be specific. So, that variant should start moving in price pretty soon
3/22/2016
Topic:
Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice

colbalt91
colbalt91
I can't believe it. This movie is even better than Deadpool. I saw a preview tonight which began with a short film of Zack Snyder warning the audience not to talk about the movie because of all the plot twists. He did not want the movie spoiled for future audiences. DC has a big winner here. Ben Affleck is great as Batman. This movie is very gritty. It is two and a half hours long and, unlike Marvel movies there is no sequence at the end of the credits.
4/7/2016
Topic:
Criminal staring Kevin Costner

colbalt91
colbalt91
A psycho criminal is inadvertently released into the general population with some implanted memories of a dead spy who's former organization wants access to. Kevin Costner is a criminal known as Jericho who is only out for himself while trying to stave off the memories of the former spy. And, of course, everybody wants him. Kevin Costner is much like Dirty Harry on steroids in this movie. Gal Gadot, Gary Oldham, and Ryan Reynolds also star in this film. Criminal is very intense and very good.
edited by colbalt91 on 4/7/2016
4/8/2016
Topic:
Downloading is not working?

colbalt91
colbalt91
I had something similar to this happen over a year ago here and eventually learned that if I came in through a different portal like Explorer rather than Google that things would be normal. Told the problem to the site at the time and it still took about 3 months for me to finally be able to come in through my regular portal without complications.
4/12/2016
Topic:
The Jungle Book

colbalt91
colbalt91
I went to this movie expecting the worst, but instead got the best. This version of The Jungle Book is excellent and directed by Jon Favreau. He has finally made his masterpiece. Elf came pretty close but had some flaws. The strongest element in this version of The Jungle Book is the story. The story makes sense and keeps the viewer thoroughly entertained. The CGI is great and as usual the 3D is not worth the extra money. So see this movie in not 3D. I highly recommend this movie. Disney Studios does it again.
4/13/2016
Topic:
Epic Auction find!

colbalt91
colbalt91
Currently I am looking at an auction coming up at a Goodwill store where there seem to be about 400 - 500 comic books in the lot and many are from the seventies and there are about 50 that have the cut off upper covers. Many are pretty banged up. I expect the rabble that show up for these Goodwill auctions to completely overbid the set of comics. Probably a hundred to a hundred and fifty in nice shape. There is a copy of Amazing Spider-Man 252 in pretty good shape and some Amazing Spider-Man from the sixties on up to the early hundreds in decent shape. Right now the written bid is $250 but I really expected to go for 400 and over which would negate any real profit to be made from the books. There is a long run of Captain Carrot in these comics too. I plan to show up on Saturday when the final bidding will be done and just laugh in the background at what I expect to happen.
4/26/2016
Topic:
The first Black Panther sells for $90,000

colbalt91
colbalt91
Fantastic Four number 52, the first appearance of the Black Panther, sold at a CGC of 9.8 for $90,000.
5/4/2016
Topic:
Autographs/Signatures on Comics!

colbalt91
colbalt91
I remember in the early days of Image Comics when the creators were going around the conventions and signing, that Rob liefeld had a great autograph that everyone sought. He incorporated his character of Badrock in his signature and even though some people admitted they did not like his artwork they would stand in line to get his autograph just because it was so cool. I got his autograph at this time, also. And then about a year later he came to another convention along with Jim Lee and I stood in the Jim Lee line first because I had never gotten his autograph and he was giving out check mark type autographs and so I said screw this after getting some of those check marks on my comics. I will go to Rob Liefeld line and get a beautiful autograph. At this convention they were almost side by side so I did not have far to go and you can imagine my great dismay when I found my autograph from Rob Liefeld had now had been relegated to a check mark and you could not really tell if it was a Jim Lee check mark or a Rob liefeld check mark. So, at one time Rob Liefeld did have a decent signature.

In your statement above, you seem to say that Tim vigil does not sign anymore, but he does sign and is very friendly though he does not make many conventions.
edited by colbalt91 on 5/4/2016
edited by colbalt91 on 5/4/2016
1234 ..15