colbalt91

all messages by user

12/30/2019
Topic:
The Amazing Mary Jane # 1 has a hidden variant

colbalt91
colbalt91
Doctor Strange Surgeon Supreme # 1 that came out last week had a hidden variant which took me by surprise. The hidden variant is the one that shows the one side of Doctor Strange in his surgical garb making a Mystic gester while the other the other half has Sorcerer Supreme holding a surgical knife.
1/11/2020
Topic:

colbalt91
colbalt91
Walmart once again has three packs of Marvel Comics. Remember the first one is a variant and the price code is on the back of the first comic. That makes it the variant I think. The next two are probably a variant or a second print of some other comics. I also found a couple of lenticulars as I bought about eight or nine of the packs. There was a New Mutants number 1 variant and an X-Men number 1 variant at the top of the packs.
1/13/2020
Topic:

colbalt91
colbalt91
The new front covers do not have the UPC code on the front. It is now on the back.
3/11/2020
Topic:
Bloodshot starring Vin Diesel

colbalt91
colbalt91
The Bloodshot movie I saw last night was pretty good. However, it does not come out like a normal superhero movie in that it seems to distance itself from being a direct superhero movie. What I mean is that the movie could stand alone as a sort of science fiction movie. Never is Vin Diesel's character referred to as Bloodshot. It is very violent, and I was surprised to see at the very end that it was a PG-13 rather than an R-rated movie. When the movie ends there is nothing after the credits.
3/15/2020
Topic:
Peter Parker/Spider-Man & Mary Jane Watson Wed?

colbalt91
colbalt91
Don't forget the statues. I think I have a Peter Parker / Mary Jane zombie statue somewhere
3/28/2020
Topic:
Marvel Comics now at Walmart

colbalt91
colbalt91
This week there were some new Marvel Comics at the local Walmart. Unlike previous packages which had three comics and were selling for around $8 with the top comic being a variant exclusive to Walmart ... usually only by numerical number on the scan code, these packages contain 7 comics selling for $10. There is a scan code on the plastic wrapping that seems to always be over the scan code of the top cover comic. For the Walmart exclusives there usually was no scan code on the front of the comic ... It was on the back. So, I did not buy these packages even though it does seem like a very good deal considering you get 7 comics for $10.
4/11/2020
Topic:
Gwenpool 1st appearance

colbalt91
colbalt91
What screwing everything up is that is not Gwenpool's first appearance. Deadpool's Secret Secret Wars # 2 variant cover is her first appearance. She was never intended to be a real character. What happened is some girl loved the costume and started wearing it to Comic Cons and then other people started copying her because they loved the costume also. These cosplay players became so popular that even Marvel had to pay attention and so Marvel finally brought her out as a comic book character in Howard the Duck # 1. ThT was about six months after she had her first cover appearance. I, myself loved the costume so much I bought 30 copies when it first came out. Still have them.
4/17/2020
Topic:
Gwenpool 1st appearance

colbalt91
colbalt91
Well, first I have to find them in my collection which is not logically in order. For a while there you could order tons of comics from Midtown and Dynamic Forces. It was Joshua Middleton second Batgirl cover that caused everything to change. I think the big companies realized that they could make some money by keeping it to themselves and limiting the amount going out to their customers. By the way Dynamic forces are crooks. I did get some of my multiple copies of Gwenpool from then, but only because I think they did not work know what they had. I think the way. Dynamic Force works is they would offer comics and then if they got hot they would just not bother to send them to you and make excuses about there's some delay somewhere. And if the comics you ordered did not get hot within a certain amount of time they would send them to you. They made a big screw-up on Gwenpool.
4/21/2020
Topic:
Gwenpool 1st appearance

colbalt91
colbalt91
Also, there are now these internet sites that give out information almost instantaneously when something starts to move in the comic world or the movie World which is now so closely tied to comics. However, I do not like these variants that keep popping up that usually sell for much more than the regular comic. I try to avoid those as usually they fall down in value, but they disrupt the normal flow of the comic business. If I see a great cover I usually buy multiple copies. I figure if I liked it then down the line other people will Discover it sooner or later. And if it never goes up it does not matter to me because I like the cover.
edited by colbalt91 on 4/21/2020
4/22/2020
Topic:

colbalt91
colbalt91
Well, this is not a Marvel comic but I feel it is best fitting underneath the title for this forum. Our Fighting Forces # 1 giant size is out at Walmart this week. On eBay it is going for $25 already. Apparently some people feel that due to some of the confusion going on with DC Comics and distribution problems that it may not make it to the comic book stores and may only be appearing at Walmart. The good thing about buying this comic is if you save your receipt you can always take it back within 3 months if you feel you want to.
4/23/2020
Topic:

colbalt91
colbalt91
They are not taking returns right now. In that you are correct. However they said later on they would start to take returns. So, save your receipt. I just saw where there is now another cover for this comic which is perhaps what the comic shops will get if it makes it to the comic shops.
4/25/2020
Topic:
Gwenpool 1st appearance

colbalt91
colbalt91
And as I said earlier...Dynamic Forces are a little bit on the crooked side.. a whole lot. You may never get your books if they go up in value.
5/2/2020
Topic:

colbalt91
colbalt91
Today I found 6 different 3 packs at Walmart. One is Spider-Woman # one with the Artgerm cover.
5/6/2020
Topic:

colbalt91
colbalt91
While picking up some more Marvel three packs at Walmart I looked into the return policy and it said that they would do regular returns later. Sort of vague there. Right now they would do Pharmacy items, perishable items and clothes
5/12/2020
Topic:

colbalt91
colbalt91
First off, not all Walmarts have them. It has to be a Walmart Supercenter. A Walmart Supercenter is usually a giant Walmart with a grocery store. The best way to check is to put in your request for nearby Walmarts on your phone and it will pop up and show you which ones are the Supercenters. Then once you go inside they are usually located on a long aisle somewhere where the cash register areas are usually at one end or the other end. That's what makes it a little confusing. They are mixed in usually with sports cards or other types of gaming cards and even knick-knack type toys. So it is a long aisle by the cash register. They're not located between all the cash registers but on 1 far side or the other far side. Sometimes a Walmart will have a grocery store, but that does not mean it is a Supercenter. If it has a gas station that it is probably a super center.
5/23/2020
Topic:
Stargirl television series

colbalt91
colbalt91
I watched the first episode of Star Girl this past Tuesday and it is really great. It seemed to stay true to the old style comics I mean it was more straight action without stopping in the middle and getting introspective about the fate of the human species as opposed to equal rights for gerbils or deep psychological introspection ... in other words it was fun.
5/27/2020
Topic:
Stargirl television series

colbalt91
colbalt91
Stargirl streams on the DC Universe on Mondays and then on Tuesday night it is on a CBS affiliate called the C&W. I watched last night's episode and once again the quality was excellent and no let up. It has been a while since I can actually look forward to wanting to watch an hour long episode of anything. I thought I saw somewhere on the internet that Rotten Tomatoes had given the first episode a 93. In this episode the show emphasizes the wearing of masks to protect the families of superheroes. This is a clear departure from modern day superhero storytelling and hearkens back to the old days where it made sense to wear a mask. I think the doing away of the mask is more an ego thing with an actor to help convince them to take on a superhero role. Most actors do not want to take a role where their face is hidden.
5/27/2020
Topic:
When do you stop and smell the roses?

colbalt91
colbalt91
Same here as far as reading my old collections. However, I do pick up a hardcover book collecting the old comics and I'm satisfied to read that rather than dig out my comics from my collection.
edited by colbalt91 on 5/27/2020
5/30/2020
Topic:
Birds of Prey and Harley Quinn Movie

colbalt91
colbalt91
I actually liked Dracula 2000
6/4/2020
Topic:

colbalt91
colbalt91
Once again this is about DC Comics instead of Marvel. However it is important. Our fighting forces Giant will make it to the comic book stores but my comic book store says that is supposed to not have a certain story in it that the Walmart addition did. Anyway, that is not what I'm here to talk about. It does seem like DC is discontinuing a huge amount of giant Walmart comics. And they listed five that are currently out at Walmart that will not make it to the comic book stores for sure. One of them is giant size Batman number 5, Swamp Thing number 5, The Flash number 5,Titans # 2, and Teen Titans Go #1.