Marvel Comics now at Walmart Messages in this topic - RSS

colbalt91
colbalt91

1/5/2019

colbalt91
colbalt91
Today I found some Marvel 3 packs at my local Walmart. According to what I had read on the internet Marvel Comics were next supposed to pop up at Target. But here they are at Walmart. Each pack seems to have a different variant cover that has been previously released. The only difference is in the numbering. There was an article published a long time ago intimating that Marvel was going to clean up their shelves by filling the three packs with all these issues. The two comics behind the variants are older issues, which is true. However the variant is exclusive ... Though some would argue simply because the number of the print which is different. And that is the difference. One of the variants is the Venom annual which normally has the number 00111. This Venom annual looks identical except that the number is 00161. This annual had a second variant that went to stores and three other variants that you had to order exclusively from different outlets. So technically this is a variant, though many will argue not.
+1 link
colbalt91
colbalt91

3/28/2020

colbalt91
colbalt91
This week there were some new Marvel Comics at the local Walmart. Unlike previous packages which had three comics and were selling for around $8 with the top comic being a variant exclusive to Walmart ... usually only by numerical number on the scan code, these packages contain 7 comics selling for $10. There is a scan code on the plastic wrapping that seems to always be over the scan code of the top cover comic. For the Walmart exclusives there usually was no scan code on the front of the comic ... It was on the back. So, I did not buy these packages even though it does seem like a very good deal considering you get 7 comics for $10.
+1 link
colbalt91
colbalt91

4/22/2020

colbalt91
colbalt91
Well, this is not a Marvel comic but I feel it is best fitting underneath the title for this forum. Our Fighting Forces # 1 giant size is out at Walmart this week. On eBay it is going for $25 already. Apparently some people feel that due to some of the confusion going on with DC Comics and distribution problems that it may not make it to the comic book stores and may only be appearing at Walmart. The good thing about buying this comic is if you save your receipt you can always take it back within 3 months if you feel you want to.
0 link
drewzer15
drewzer15

4/23/2020

drewzer15
drewzer15
colbalt91 wrote:
Well, this is not a Marvel comic but I feel it is best fitting underneath the title for this forum. Our Fighting Forces # 1 giant size is out at Walmart this week. On eBay it is going for $25 already. Apparently some people feel that due to some of the confusion going on with DC Comics and distribution problems that it may not make it to the comic book stores and may only be appearing at Walmart. The good thing about buying this comic is if you save your receipt you can always take it back within 3 months if you feel you want to.

Actually no, Walmart is not taking returns through the stores because of the pandemic.
0 link
colbalt91
colbalt91

4/23/2020

colbalt91
colbalt91
They are not taking returns right now. In that you are correct. However they said later on they would start to take returns. So, save your receipt. I just saw where there is now another cover for this comic which is perhaps what the comic shops will get if it makes it to the comic shops.
0 link
colbalt91
colbalt91

5/2/2020

colbalt91
colbalt91
Today I found 6 different 3 packs at Walmart. One is Spider-Woman # one with the Artgerm cover.
+1 link
colbalt91
colbalt91

5/6/2020

colbalt91
colbalt91
While picking up some more Marvel three packs at Walmart I looked into the return policy and it said that they would do regular returns later. Sort of vague there. Right now they would do Pharmacy items, perishable items and clothes
0 link
taskmaster
taskmaster

5/12/2020

taskmaster
taskmaster
Where are they located?
0 link
colbalt91
colbalt91

5/12/2020

colbalt91
colbalt91
First off, not all Walmarts have them. It has to be a Walmart Supercenter. A Walmart Supercenter is usually a giant Walmart with a grocery store. The best way to check is to put in your request for nearby Walmarts on your phone and it will pop up and show you which ones are the Supercenters. Then once you go inside they are usually located on a long aisle somewhere where the cash register areas are usually at one end or the other end. That's what makes it a little confusing. They are mixed in usually with sports cards or other types of gaming cards and even knick-knack type toys. So it is a long aisle by the cash register. They're not located between all the cash registers but on 1 far side or the other far side. Sometimes a Walmart will have a grocery store, but that does not mean it is a Supercenter. If it has a gas station that it is probably a super center.
+1 link
colbalt91
colbalt91

6/4/2020

colbalt91
colbalt91
Once again this is about DC Comics instead of Marvel. However it is important. Our fighting forces Giant will make it to the comic book stores but my comic book store says that is supposed to not have a certain story in it that the Walmart addition did. Anyway, that is not what I'm here to talk about. It does seem like DC is discontinuing a huge amount of giant Walmart comics. And they listed five that are currently out at Walmart that will not make it to the comic book stores for sure. One of them is giant size Batman number 5, Swamp Thing number 5, The Flash number 5,Titans # 2, and Teen Titans Go #1.
+1 link
Comicsdangotsigned
Comicsdangotsigned

6/5/2020

Are the books getting trashed by kids the way they used to get obliterated at toys r us? Im guessing you wanna be there on the release date
0 link
colbalt91
colbalt91

6/8/2020

colbalt91
colbalt91
It is not really the kids that caused the damage from looking at them. In fact I do not think kids read them in a Walmart. The damage seems to be just perhaps the way Walmart stores them before they put them out or maybe how they get shipped to a Walmart. So, there are fewer of these comics in a very excellent condition. Right now because some of these comics have been out there for two weeks or more before DC announced they would not make it to the comic shops more have got roughed up a little bit more from handling. But that makes them all the more rare in a nice condition.
+1 link