The Terrifics Messages in this topic - RSS

radiotto
radiotto

3/6/2018

radiotto
radiotto
What are your thoughts on the new DC team The Terrifics? Obviously a call-back to the Fantastic Four.

I like seeing Mr. Terrific lead a team again. And I have always liked Plastic Man & Metamorpho, although can't Metamorpho do pretty much everything that Plas can do?

I would have liked to see Phantom Lady (Sandra Knight) as the "Invisible Woman" of the group instead of a new Phantom Girl.

Here is my blog post about the concept:

http://blog.comicspriceguide.com/2018/03/05/are-the-terrifics-a-fantastic-four-clone/
edited by radiotto on 3/6/2018
+1 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

3/7/2018

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
I enjoy space-related comics so the Terrifics might be something I'll pick up tonight at my LCS.

On a related note, I just checked the pricing for Spectre 54 (1st appearance of Mr. Terrific) and it's selling well. I made a few price adjustments so that it reflects the current market.
edited by ronbatman on 3/7/2018
0 link
RocknRollguitarplayer
RocknRollguitarplayer

3/8/2018

Aside from the Iconic characters that were spawned by some form of revealed god-mind knowledge over the years (perhaps induced by an excellent bottle of Mezcal "if" there is such a thing), the rest of the characters in the comic ether are reflections of each other (at some level). That being said I like the Terrific's concept. However, they need better artwork that matches the writing...IMHO
0 link
ComicsDude
ComicsDude

12/3/2018

ComicsDude
ComicsDude
Ronbatman wrote:
I enjoy space-related comics so the Terrifics might be something I'll pick up tonight at my LCS.

On a related note, I just checked the pricing for Spectre 54 (1st appearance of Mr. Terrific) and it's selling well. I made a few price adjustments so that it reflects the current market.
edited by ronbatman on 3/7/2018

I almost had a copy of that for $20! I fell asleep though and someone outbid me at the last second.

I really love this series. I didn't think I would, but it has really grabbed my attention. Love the addition of Tom Strong too!
0 link