aarondawe

all messages by user

9/9/2021
Topic:
Deaths Head

aarondawe
aarondawe
Default search is under 'US' books. Set to 'UK' or 'all' and you should find it then, as this was a UK Marvel imprint.

Aaron
9/23/2021
Topic:
Dealing with A Seller that accepts offer then.....

aarondawe
aarondawe
Taskmaster -- just go away. You are just embarrassing yourself and making it clear to anyone who reads your posts about sellers who the real problem is in the transactions. Ron should ban you from the site for your childish behaviour (which he has called you out on multiple times).
10/9/2021
Topic:
Dragonball

aarondawe
aarondawe
Viz released both Dragonball and Dragonball ZZ around the same time. The link you've provided it the first time in North America that it was printed/available in English.

Aaron
10/18/2021
Topic:
Ruk's list-Who has the best collection

aarondawe
aarondawe
$ 73453.00

*EEIG

Aarondawe

Number of books is decreasing, but the value is not.

Aaron
1/19/2022
Topic:
Print Runs

aarondawe
aarondawe
pukie2122 wrote:
Thank you. I was mostly interested in Marvel & DC comics maybe from 1950 thru 1985.

For instance Worlds Finest #71 from 1954. Not many in CGC census and you never know how many were broken out and submitted to CGC again resulting in duplicate listings.

So how may really exist. Some comic publications guess maybe there are only 100 copies in existence. Made me wonder how many were printed.

An easy, alphabetical listing like a dictionary would be an easy resource to consult. I saw a book like that once. The web sites I saw look awkward to navigate and are limited in range and info.

Before the direct market in 78-79, print runs wouldn't really provide any meaningful numbers. In the '40s, comics were printed in the millions (supposedly), but most were pulped because of wartime shortages.

Also, newsstands were also able to return unsold books, so a book with a print run of 350K could have had more than a third of those returned. Without return figures, you wouldn't be able to really know how many 'exist/existed' at publication time. I recall on Jim Shooter's blog, that he mentioned that sometimes they had more returns of a title than were printed due to an involvement of criminal activity in the process.

Aaron
2/8/2022
Topic:
Coin Collecting

aarondawe
aarondawe
I use this site.

Numista

Aaron
2/9/2022
Topic:
Coin Collecting

aarondawe
aarondawe
Having a family member that worked for an airline and a transit company is how I got most of my non-North American coins. The transit company would sell to employees 5kg bags of foreign coins and tokens used by people to ride the bus etc. That family member would take the Euros for vacations and I could get the leftovers. You'd be surprised at some of the coins people would use when they didn't have proper fare.

Aaron
3/21/2022
Topic:
WHIZ COMICS #1

aarondawe
aarondawe
If it's the '1st Edition' reprint with the outer cover removed, you can tell by the dimensions of the book. 10" x 13.5"

Aaron
6/26/2022
Topic:
Untold Tales of Spider-man '97 Annual

aarondawe
aarondawe
Did you click on the 'annuals' tab on the 'Untold Tales of Spider-man' page:

Values for Untold Tales Of Spider-Man | ComicsPriceGuide.com | Free Comic Book Price Guide
7/27/2022
Topic:
Should I Insure A Comic?

aarondawe
aarondawe
Banks have safety deposit boxes.

Careful with the fireproof safes. I recall many years ago someone the forum used them and the actual degraded the books (I believe staple rust, or something like that).

Aaron
9/14/2022
Topic:
Morbius Movie on Netflix

aarondawe
aarondawe
I thought it was a movie.

Aaron
10/26/2022
Topic:
TTA 35 -- question re potential PGX typo

aarondawe
aarondawe
That's a pretty fugly 3.5. The spine does look a little to 'worn' to be a 3.5 from what I can see. PGX is pretty liberal with lower grades from my experience. I have a FF #5 that's a PGX 2.0 that looks more like 1.5 to me, but I got it at a decent price at the time.

As to the errors, PGX is known for low quality control, which might be because allegedly it is run and done by one person.

Aaron
4/14/2023
Topic:
Missing Values X-Men Variants

aarondawe
aarondawe
This is listed under 'Amazing Adventures', volume 2 or 3. It's its own title for the reprint.
6/21/2023
Topic:
Carrying Cover and Pieta Covers

aarondawe
aarondawe
No one's mentioned (Uncanny) X-men #136?

Aaron
1/20/2024
Topic:
That Jerk's Stuff

aarondawe
aarondawe
I haven't posted in here for a long while, what with Photobucket no longer hosting images for free and I stopped buying back issues just prior to the start of the covid lockdowns.

I recently had some of my books submitted to CGC and the results are pretty impressive. Came back higher than I thought they would.

Aaron
3/2/2024
Topic:
How long have you been a member of CPG?

aarondawe
aarondawe
August 2005. I feel like I was here longer though.

Aaron
19 days ago
Topic:
That Jerk's Stuff

aarondawe
aarondawe
More books back from CGC:

Aaron
edited by aarondawe on 4/27/2024
edited by aarondawe on 4/27/2024
17 days ago
Topic:
That Jerk's Stuff

aarondawe
aarondawe
Ronbatman wrote:
You sent off quite a few books. 9.2 on that Incredible Hulk is a big one.
R

That was a nice surprise. I wasn't certain that it would come back that high because the book was oddly cut at the printer.