New to CPG, and have a few questions Messages in this topic - RSS

JohnCe
JohnCe

2/10/2016

JohnCe
JohnCe
Hello everyone,
I just joined the CPG.com site. I am not a collector, but I have many Walt Disney comics that I have owned for decades, and I want to sell them. I noticed that there is a place to enter the comics that I own, but it appears that I need to pay a fee to actually sell them.

Based on the Overstreet guide, I have some idea about how comics are graded, but are the gradings open to interpretation, e.g.. I would say a comic is very good, but someone else would tell me it is fair? I want to sell these Walt Disney Comics, but is doing so better here than eBay?

How can I sell these without feeling like the interested buyer will not take advantage of me? Like I wrote, I am not familiar with this business, but I believe that I have something worth selling.

Thanks for your help.
John
0 link
netstuffers
netstuffers
Administrator

2/10/2016

netstuffers
netstuffers
Administrator
A buyer has two goals.

1) Buy your book
2) Pay less than you want him to spend

So YES, grading is highly subjective and in a negotiation, I would fully anticipate buyers having a different opinion on your book grade. But that's why you use a grading service like CBCS, which is recognized as one of the authorities in grading. A grade from them is generally accepted by buyers around the world, and is essential to giving you more power as a seller.
0 link
Laroo42
Laroo42

2/11/2016

Laroo42
Laroo42
Hey JohnCe,
Yes, you can sell through CPG, but you and the buyer are responsible for the transaction. I do believe this is posted in the rules/ regulations for buying/ selling in the forums.
Grading IS subjective, but sending photographs to your perspective buyer can help reduce any doubt as to whether your 8 is really a 5. This would be the same as selling anything on eBay.
If you have a local comic shop, they may help you with grading your books. They may even help you sell them or know of a buyer.
Hope this helps,
Dave
0 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

2/11/2016

kds_comics
kds_comics
If you post some pictures of one of your comics here memebers can provide an opinion on a grade.
Include interior picture if you can.
This would be a rough estimate - still folks here are pretty good at this stuff.
0 link