taskmaster

all messages by user

9/4/2016
Topic:
John Aman: Amazing Man (Gallant/01 Comics)

taskmaster
taskmaster

NONE of these are listed...
edited by Shotgun22 on 9/4/2016
11/10/2016
Topic:
Wal-Mart Star Wars Graphic Novels

taskmaster
taskmaster
These came with the original cut of the 3 films from Wal-Mart in 2006 and they are not listed

6/11/2017
Topic:
My ranking has gone down a level.

taskmaster
taskmaster
Yea I was a 5 now I'm a 4 again...
8/26/2017
Topic:
Watch out for ROCKYOURWORLD

taskmaster
taskmaster
This guy sets prices for his books doesn't honor the offer but instead is using other people offline in a "Bidding War" like E-Bay but he still lists the books. If your selling your books here and only have one copy of each how can you sell on multiple sites when people have made offers on it and the seller is changing the price and trying to get as much for his book (or more) by being dishonest and misleading people...He's a SCAM artist watch out...
edited by Shotgun22 on 8/26/2017
8/28/2017
Topic:

taskmaster
taskmaster
rixmaxx wrote:
People put books on here all the time for sale without accepting offers. They don't have to accept an offer. Some NEVER even RESPOND to offers. Some are just getting a feel for what interest there is for a book. Some just don't pay attention. Some like MOREDWHIT, only want to sell books in lots, he's a great seller, sells a lot of books, some people don't want to buy "lots" but you can't you can't complain about it. I think "ROCKYOURWORLD" is kinda like that, doesn't want to spend a lot of time dealing with "onesy, twosy" deals. I've dealt with him and have got REALLY, really good "package" deals. He's never "scammed" me. You probably shouldn't bad mouth people about how they sell their books unless they actually rip you off by selling bad books or by stealing your money. Remember, any fair price is one both parties agree to. ......................Just my two cents smile

So you think him or her selling ONE book on multiple sights when he as made a deal with someone else is OK? I've had dealing with him before people play too many games do you want to sell your book or not you post it for sale here and have communications with people but you don't sell your books...See normal people sell books here and if you need a $5 book you have to spend $2,000 and buy the seller's whole lot when he lists these as separate books? That wasn't the case the guy had 4 books listed for $20 FULL book I made him and offer of $18 and I'm the scammer?? People like that have to grow up and realize you work with people and don't fly off the handle turning that bullshit on me when I caught that person selling the same books elsewhere..If you agree to sell to someone don't take the same book and try and sell it to 5-6 other people when you have a deal in place that's a SCAMMER get it?
8/30/2017
Topic:

taskmaster
taskmaster
Oxbladder wrote:
Did he actually accept your offer? As in, yes I will sell you the book(s) for $18. Or did he not respond and you found the books for sale elsewhere as well as here? If he didn't respond then consider your offer was not accepted. If he took your money and didn't send the book(s) then that is a scam. If he didn't accept the offer it isn't. Cross posting books for sale is annoying but CPG doesn't forbid it and there are LOTS of sellers out there that cross post books for sale, so, unfortunately, you are going to have to live with that.

Just because an offer was made the seller does not have to accept it.

Well I guess I'm stupid then if I'm selling a book(s) I sell them in one place then if they don't sell I take them elsewhere....Call me old fashioned...I don't play games with people over what $2??

And yes he did accept my offer but when I got back to him (see I had to chase him after he accepted) he changed his story and did a backtrax then took the books down in question...That's when I found out he was doing what he as doing...Scamming someone is more than just taking their money which most people here seem to have no problem with....Oh well years ago tools like this got banned etc. because that wasn't tolerated now it's OK...Wow! I wanted to bring this to light but I guess I shouldn't have because people like getting taken I guess....More power to you...
8/31/2017
Topic:

taskmaster
taskmaster
OK i tired to let people know about this guy but it falls on deaf ears...I said my peace
edited by Shotgun22 on 8/31/2017
9/12/2017
Topic:

taskmaster
taskmaster
rixmaxx wrote:
I tired too smile

Funny guy typo...Tired Tried....Exactly....Whaaaaa?
7/4/2018
Topic:
Need or Want a New Username?

taskmaster
taskmaster
Taskmaster Or Madcap
7/5/2018
Topic:
Now Recruiting New Administrators and Moderators

taskmaster
taskmaster
I'd love to be a forum mod....It would be very helpful to all
7/5/2018
Topic:
Need or Want a New Username?

taskmaster
taskmaster
Ronbatman wrote:
Update -
Pacosteel and Taskmaster are your new user names. The former Taskmaster hadn't signed in since 2004. Is there any irony in the Taskmaster's ability to imitate anyone he sees and you taking someone's old name? Imitating him. hmmm

I agree with Gilgandra, use the avatar feature. I change mine about once a month.
R
edited by ronbatman on 7/5/2018

I will once I re-up...Besides Taskmaster was one of my favorite villains growing up...smile
7/25/2018
Topic:
Marketplace Transactions

taskmaster
taskmaster
Is it just me or lately having had many offers on here and many sales done I have to ask this questions:

Sellers accept offers but never get back to you or send and payment info
Some sellers accept offers but never send any info over or an invoice then turn you over for not paying??
Sellers listing a book for one price then changing the deal after the offer was accepted or telling that person "I can't find that book" really?
Seller's putting individual books up for sale then they expect you to but the whole run..huh?? Then why are you listing INDIVIDUAL books?
If they have books that are raw 9.4 and it's going for $3 they list in raw as $5 or more???

Since when did any of us expect to get FULL value for ALL of out books so if my collection is worth let's say $1000 and it only has some key books but mostly $2-3 books then they should get the full market price for these books? What planet does this happen in?

I'm gotten plenty of books for lower than book value for COMMON books of course with high end books you might have to give but the lower ends common...
7/25/2018
Topic:
Comic Book Men the end

taskmaster
taskmaster
Most of the time they didn't even talk about Comic Books just Kevin Smith's crap or some thing like the My Little Pony Brony episode crap....This had such high hopes..
7/26/2018
Topic:
Marketplace Transactions

taskmaster
taskmaster
Oxbladder wrote:
I have only ever done one transaction through this website and it went well. I made an offer it was accepted and after some back and forth and wheeling and dealing the transaction was done within that time period as well.

What you have experienced is common in transactions on the web ... and real life. People are allowed to ask what they want for the books they have and you are under no obligation to buy them if you feel the price is too high. Pretty much most books are common so it comes down to regional demand sometimes. If a seller had to dish out more for book that they now want to sell they are going to ask for more money than they paid out. If they bought it for $3 then they are going to sell it for more regardless of what anyone thinks is the price. At least until they realize (or not) that it is not going to sell for this price. But you would be surprised that even common books that are priced higher can and do sell all the time.

In the end though you are completely free to not buy books that you feel are over priced. I'm sure down the road people will accuse you of selling books for too much money. Collectors always want to buy books cheaper and will complain to no end if they feel they are being charged too much even though they are under no obligation to buy those books.
edited by oxbladder on 7/26/2018

OK you answered one of my questions how about the other's?

Any reasoning behind those?

I don't sell books here but if I did and have had success I wouldn't screw over people who I've had good dealings with or accept offers and never send and invoice etc. but leave the buyer in limbo...Christ their just comic books
7/27/2018
Topic:
Marketplace Transactions

taskmaster
taskmaster
Ronbatman wrote:
First of all, I've bought several times from this site and been happy with the results. I had one time where someone never responded and that was frustrating.

We are currently working on a plan to evaluate sellers to help with these issues. They will be judged on responsiveness (automated through our system) and shipping and accuracy. If they don't get back to people their score will be lowered. After a few times of unresponsiveness, they will be removed from selling. If you're listing books to sell we want you to sell them. If you're listing books and then ignoring people, go somewhere else.

Overall, this is a complex issue because sometimes it's the seller who is unresponsive or dishonest and sometimes it's the buyer who is trying to scam or has unrealistic expectations. Our goal is to make a safe place where people can buy and sell with confidence.

Thanks Ronbatman I've had two sellers that accepted offers and there are in limbo as being accepted and I want to buy them another one said he doesn't come on here alot and gave me his e-mail address that got nowhere why post books if you don't want to sell is this is game to people? If so they really are pathetic
9/19/2018
Topic:
We Need To Post Positive/Negative For Sellers

taskmaster
taskmaster
I think we should have a visible out in the feedback system (Like E-Bay) for sellers/buyers etc.

I've had a lot of good sellers but alot of them that need to be taken to task and called out for being lying/distrustful and or thieves

I think this would help out
10/7/2018
Topic:
Getting in touch with Sellers via a Mod

taskmaster
taskmaster
Some sellers here are have deals then vanish is it possible to find out how long since they have been active and or if they have a personal e-mail address/phone number to get in touch with them?

I have about 20 deals from one seller that have accepted but he never came/comes back to the site and one that has been in limbo for a LONG time

PLMK
10/11/2018
Topic:
Grading Errors what is and what isn't

taskmaster
taskmaster
I buy here and other places alot and I've been buying and selling for over 30 years and I want to call out people that grade raw books a "9.4" and they come to you in actuality it has defects that make it a 8.0 to and 8.5

I get sick of seeing people post these as "9.4" and they are not but still command the premium price of a near mint/mint book

Can we somehow inform these people that books that have defects are not "9.4"?

Man some people either don't know or care but since when do we have to pay full or close to price for misgraded raw books?

Chime in if you want
10/13/2018
Topic:
Getting in touch with Sellers via a Mod

taskmaster
taskmaster
Anything anybody??
10/22/2018
Topic:
Grading Errors what is and what isn't

taskmaster
taskmaster
I've had similar experiences to Expander's, ESPECIALLY on Letgo (I've had much better luck with Craigslist), but it doesn't really answer Taskmaster's question.
I think the main problem with people labeling their comics a "9.4" is a lack of knowledge, rather than deceit (yes, there is plenty of that too). A lot of people think just because a comic left the comic shop brand new, it must be Near Mint. It's hard enough for comics to make it out of the store at a 9.0, let alone anything higher. I have a little more trust for people that label their comics a "VF" with very few visible marks (or none), than people always claiming "NM".
Another part of the lack of knowledge is not knowing the terminology. Everybody has heard of Mint or Near Mint, but to non-collectors the rest of it can be a little confusing. I've seen countless ads for, and purchased some, books labeled "Good" or "Very Good", when clearly they are Fine or better. Saying a book is in Very Good condition sounds great to the average person, but not so much to a collector.
As for purchasing online, although there are sometimes good deals for good looking books from many people, I try to buy from reputable sources: sellers that have a long or good history selling, with positive feedback.

Yes but the people in general HAVE been good traders/sellers so this recent behavior is kinda odd but I'm a realist I know NO ONE get's FULL price for EVERY book!

I've gotten $3-5 and higher books at my local HPB that were mint and they go for $.50 to $1.00 so there is that

It just bugs me that either people are trying to get FULL price for common books or are misleading people by selling them crappy books and then that person is stuck with them....
1234 ..13