Comic Book Men the end Messages in this topic - RSS

imatonkatoo
imatonkatoo

7/10/2018

imatonkatoo
imatonkatoo
Love this series. Gutted it's finished. Has anybody been to the Stash?
0 link
Oxbladder
Oxbladder

7/20/2018

Oxbladder
Oxbladder
I can't believe that the show lasted as long as it did. I watched probably less than a minute of it and regretted it.
0 link
quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker

7/20/2018

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Ya it was bad.
0 link
imatonkatoo
imatonkatoo

7/21/2018

imatonkatoo
imatonkatoo
I quite liked it to see what was coming through the door. All set up I know, but the series with the guys batcave in his basement was good to look around. And going to the museum to see the Action Comics number 1 is something I will probably never get to see off screen. I suppose it's like coming on here and looking at everyone's stuff. I like that side of it too. Was bad when they were just being silly with children's parties and cosplay scenarios but I can ignore them bits until they get back to the items. The show put me onto a few new books in my collection.
0 link
quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker

7/21/2018

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Sure, always interesting what was brought in to sell or to buy. That’s 5 minutes or less in the show, the rest stunk. Four bums with a rich friend.
0 link
imatonkatoo
imatonkatoo

7/21/2018

imatonkatoo
imatonkatoo
Most programmes only have about 5 minutes of anything going on. The rest just being time filling bullshit. Got to go through all the crap to get to the good bits. Just looked up that Geppi museum with the Action Comics. He has closed and given his things to the Library of Congress. Nice of him.
0 link
quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker

7/22/2018

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
That’s a big gift, nice he did this.

True, many shows, well reality tv shows like you said only have a few minutes of interest. Good shows have actual stories being told. Me not likey most reality shows.
0 link
imatonkatoo
imatonkatoo

7/23/2018

imatonkatoo
imatonkatoo
I agree it is mostly the reality shows that don't have much content. Used to watch quite a lot of tele but hardly anything now. We tend to watch some old shows like X Files, Frasier, Cheers and The Walking Dead is the only new show we watch and that should have ended after 3 seasons. Just rehashing the same story each season. It was because of walking dead I came across comic book men. Oh forgot about The Big Bang Theory we enjoy that too. I probably liked Comic Men mainly because I got to see people on the same wavelength with their collecting. I don't know anybody in real life that collect anything. Even on here it's all just words and pictures. Only ever been to two comic book shops. Over here it was just organised chaos of a jumble of comics. In Florida it felt like a proper decent comic book shop. Though getting there would prove costly. It is actually on my bucket list to go to The Stash. 😁🤞. And Red Bank looks like a really nice place to go. That street looked proper nice. I was definitely born on the wrong side of the pond.
0 link
quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker

7/23/2018

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
You ever notice watching the Big Bang Theory that all all the cool stuff they own like statues, comics hanged on walls in the apartment, some tee shirts and really noticeable when they are at Stuwarts comic shop, everything being sold, on a wall, shelf, posters, statues and it is all DC stuff. Zero Marvel props ever.
0 link
imatonkatoo
imatonkatoo

7/23/2018

imatonkatoo
imatonkatoo
Never noticed that. Will look out for it next time I watch.

Just Googled this

The show itself is owned by Warner Brothers, who also own DC Comics, which is why you mostly see DC Comics products on the show and almost never Marvel Comics (although occasionally you’ll see them use Marvel merchandise like Hulk hands).
0 link
quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker

7/24/2018

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Ha, how could I forget the Hulk hand episodes.
0 link
taskmaster
taskmaster

7/25/2018

taskmaster
taskmaster
Most of the time they didn't even talk about Comic Books just Kevin Smith's crap or some thing like the My Little Pony Brony episode crap....This had such high hopes..
0 link
imatonkatoo
imatonkatoo

7/26/2018

imatonkatoo
imatonkatoo
That episode was awful. Especially when they went dressed up and entered that comp. Was just cringe. I admit it could have been a lot better. Did you watch that Robert Kirkmans History Of Comics? That was much better as it focused solely on comics and the creators. That Wonder Woman one was really interesting how she came about. 😁🤣 . The Stan Lee one was just lovely. He really is a great man and visionary. Shame about him and Ditko.
0 link