taskmaster

all messages by user

3/25/2019
Topic:
Condition In The Marketplace

taskmaster
taskmaster
Now I've gotten some books from a member here who says it's a 9.4 but when I get the book(s) they are easily not a 9.4 maybe and 8.5 or lower. And he got mad that I wanted to send them back because they were not as stated in his listing.

Now when it comes to raw books unless you grab the book right of the press their is no 10 or 9.8 raw comic...It seems like books all fall in that 9.4 to 9.0 for small defects and other grades

I am enclosing pics of a mint book and one other:
edited by Taskmaster on 3/25/2019
edited by Taskmaster on 3/25/2019
3/25/2019
Topic:

taskmaster
taskmaster
I just want people to be aware of this problem and wanted to give a heads up for other potential buyers
3/27/2019
Topic:

taskmaster
taskmaster
quinnspuddinjoker wrote:
Is the default grade still as a 9.4 on the site for uploading a persons collection or book? That in its self isn’t reasonable or smart for site to have the default a 9.4 to me.
As a buyer I never believe a seller that says a book is 9.4 or better unless I’ve been buying from seller for some time to know how seller grades and I adjust my bids or offer to seller.

I did but the seller get's pissed saying "No one else complains" gee that's a valid excuse...But he took them back I even sent him scans showing him what the books looked like when I got them now he's canceling all my offers and get this he has a comic shop and says he can't check his supply because he has multiple "Storage sites" for his books...Really? He doesn't even know what he has against his own inventory...
3/28/2019
Topic:

taskmaster
taskmaster
Taskmaster wrote:
quinnspuddinjoker wrote:
Is the default grade still as a 9.4 on the site for uploading a persons collection or book? That in its self isn’t reasonable or smart for site to have the default a 9.4 to me.
As a buyer I never believe a seller that says a book is 9.4 or better unless I’ve been buying from seller for some time to know how seller grades and I adjust my bids or offer to seller.

I did but the seller get's pissed saying "No one else complains" gee that's a valid excuse...But he took them back I even sent him scans showing him what the books looked like when I got them now he's canceling all my offers and get this he has a comic shop and says he can't check his supply because he has multiple "Storage sites" for his books...Really? He doesn't even know what he has against his own inventory...

OK I get that BUT if you have that many books and are listing them as one condition without looking at them then you get mad when someone is saying "Hey you said it was mint but it's not" you couldn't pull that on E-Bay and if you have that much inventory and can't handle it or you do have books that are bad or not as described is it the buyers fault for pointing that out? If I did that I would feel like a jerk for posting something that was as described and take it back..(I did that in the past) I wouldn't get mad and keep trying to blame the buyer for my shortcomings...Especially since he would show me PROOF...
4/15/2019
Topic:
Offers On The Marketplace

taskmaster
taskmaster
OK I know people make offers sellers accept or decline and I've had NO problems.....up til now

I don't get sellers that do not want to accept offers but want me to "e-Mail" the info offline OR they are taking they're time and do not accept them for fear of a better offer.

Why don't sellers just accept the damn offer and make a transaction? I've made offers on books with sellers over a couple of weeks to a month with NO problem (many times) that were ACCEPTED and things are fine.

Can we do something about this?
4/16/2019
Topic:
Offers On The Marketplace

taskmaster
taskmaster
Ronbatman wrote:
Taskmaster, we've looked at a lot of things related to selling on the site. You are a very active buyer from what I've seen on the backend of things so I value your opinion. Because of what you've said in the past we implemented the non-responsive seller alert. When someone doesn't answer offers (10 times) we put all their books into vacation mode. They won't have to reenter them into the system but they do have to manually reset their sales. We added the feedback system to help as well. We hear you.

Personally, it frustrates me as well and we want to eliminate sellers who don't seem to want to sell. I'm with KDS, make me an offer and I will accept it, every time.
R

Thanks guys I appreciate it...And it would be SO much easier for the seller to accept why do they not do that? Am I missing something on my end because that leaves the traceability out of the picture...And I've had a seller that lets me make offers,he accepts them then when I'm done we finish the deal sometimes weeks later because really who has the time...That's what it should be more like
5/4/2019
Topic:
Accepting Offers

taskmaster
taskmaster
I've run into this problem as well with buyers not wanting to accept offers on the site but will do it "Off Site" can't do that be NO trace ability and no protection for the buyer. At least here's it's monitored.

I've been on other sites as well where people either don't accept offers or put offers up but then tell you they only sell on E-Bay they why did you post it for sale then?

Is this a commonplace to do this because it seems shady...
5/4/2019
Topic:
Goodwill charity competition now

taskmaster
taskmaster
colbalt91 wrote:
A friend said he saw a Goodwill Booth set up at a Dallas Convention. So now vendors have to deal with an entity that gets all their books for free and can take a huge write-off tax wise.

That sucks!
5/26/2019
Topic:
Time Frame On Transactions

taskmaster
taskmaster
It seems like I'm posting another thread when it concerns the marketplace....

Is there a time frame on things or is it just at the seller and or buyer's agreement?

Because I've had past dealings (That went well) that now are turning me over after a couple of days with NO response back,no invoice no nothing and these are some of the people that I've had nothing but good dealings with in the past.And usually with work schedules,holidays,sickness & emergencies and family commitments people can't be on hear checking their mail everyday and I do not want or need the app from this site.

I remember having agreements or like the article says on the page communication IS KEY but I guess if someone get's pissed off or whatever they can turn on the deal and cancel it without anything what so ever...Wow! I guess I'm going either to e-bay,local comic shops or other comic book sites to buy books because alot of the people on here now just do not care or charge $3 or more for a $3 book when the rest of the world doesn't....WOW!

If I saw these things going on here I would let people know that will not be allowed...

And if you need the money so bad ($20-30) then let that person know AHEAD of time it's that simple and if you don't want to wait then put that in your listing...some people
edited by Taskmaster on 5/26/2019
5/29/2019
Topic:
Time Frame On Transactions

taskmaster
taskmaster
Ronbatman wrote:
Come on now. You know that we have been working on improving the system, getting rid of bad sellers and communicating with the community about all this. Whenever you're dealing with people there will be issues. As you said, people have emergencies, sickness, holiday plans, etc. If you've dealt with them in the past and had success, give them a little patience. If they are a bad seller please email me and I'll research it.
Ron

I know but I get this from some sellers who can't wait....
6/23/2019
Topic:
HARLEY QUINN #23 Feb 2016 Vol.2 Little Black Bk

taskmaster
taskmaster
I got this book still bagged should I keep it bagged or open it??

I have not seen many bagged versions out there is this issue common or what?

PLMK
6/24/2019
Topic:
HARLEY QUINN #23 Feb 2016 Vol.2 Little Black Bk

taskmaster
taskmaster
Anyone else?
7/14/2019
Topic:
Deadpool vs Carnage #1

taskmaster
taskmaster
greglike wrote:
The sale prices on this one are averaging high than cover. With the last couple on eBay for ~$30.

Wrong I've seen most go for $15 for the whole set.....It's not "rare" it's implied...
7/17/2019
Topic:
Deadpool vs Carnage #1

taskmaster
taskmaster
Ronbatman wrote:
There was some upward adjustment needed for those books. Taskmaster, we cannot evaluate the cost of one issue based on a whole set. We only consider the individual sales for each book. There would be no way to divide the cost out among the books because one issue is usually worth more.

But alot of the books here are either too high or too low compared to other sites e-bay etc.
edited by Taskmaster on 7/17/2019
7/18/2019
Topic:
Deadpool vs Carnage #1

taskmaster
taskmaster
Ronbatman wrote:
Come on man, you know that our team works hard to give correct information and pricing to the community. Deadpool and Carnage #1 is priced per the market. For better or worse, that's the current average price for each of those variants. We don't make the market, we just report it.

I'm saying is that SOME other books are either priced too high or low per the market not just Deadpool Vs. Carnage #1

EXAMPLE:

Slapstick #1 You have it at $4 where on E-Bay and other sites $10-15 for a 9.4 copy
Captain America #307 1st Madcap $4 E-bay and others $10-15

These two are part of the Deadpool story lines and are underpriced
8/11/2019
Topic:
X-Men #1 1963 going for more than guide

taskmaster
taskmaster
Is this really a story? We knew this was going to happen
8/11/2019
Topic:
Market Trend Clarification

taskmaster
taskmaster
OK is it just me or is the market watch becoming a Disney buys Fox so now all X-Men & Fantastic Four books are going up..Really? That's a no brainer

I do not see any mention of books that were never hot etc. but now because of a certain characters they are getting hot.

I see ALOT of newer books going crazy for no reason why alot of the older books really don't move the needle...why is that?

If anyone wants I can post an example(s)
8/11/2019
Topic:

taskmaster
taskmaster
BasementComics wrote:
Taskmaster, is this about only Marvel or are you seeing similarities with DC (specifically Batman and Detective Comics)?

Both I just used Marvel as an example...E-Bay prices for ALOT of books that are either getting hot or already hot are going for way more than book sometimes so is that a trend?

Example: A hot movie is coming out and the first appearance of that character was years ago and it was going for $2-3 NOW with the announcement It seems to let say go for $20 etc. and no acknowledgement or adjustment how is this done? Because it seems like REAL value and Market value are different...
8/12/2019
Topic:
X-Men #1 1963 going for more than guide

taskmaster
taskmaster
Godlike1 wrote:
Taskmaster wrote:
Is this really a story? We knew this was going to happen

The story was that the values may need adjusting on the site, just bringing it to the powers that be's attention wink

Good luck with that one...wink
8/13/2019
Topic:

taskmaster
taskmaster
roner wrote:
Taskmaster wrote:
BasementComics wrote:
Taskmaster, is this about only Marvel or are you seeing similarities with DC (specifically Batman and Detective Comics)?

Both I just used Marvel as an example...E-Bay prices for ALOT of books that are either getting hot or already hot are going for way more than book sometimes so is that a trend?

Example: A hot movie is coming out and the first appearance of that character was years ago and it was going for $2-3 NOW with the announcement It seems to let say go for $20 etc. and no acknowledgement or adjustment how is this done? Because it seems like REAL value and Market value are different...

Maybe you can cross reference your hypothesis with other guides? like Beckett's or Wizard? I did a light Google search and don't think I can find a web version. Haven't checked for any device apps yet (like Google Play store or Mac Apps store). But now you've got me curious.

Too many to list and I don't want to give the actual comic for good reasons