netstuffers
netstuffers
Administrator

9/9/2016

netstuffers
netstuffers
Administrator
Greetings!

ComicsPriceGuide.com has always been successful primarily because it relies on its community to help ensure that our database is accurate, up-to-date, and contains the most relevant information. As the comics industry has grown, it has become increasingly difficult for our small team of administrators and moderators to keep up with variants, cover scans, and book story data, so we have a number of big changes coming soon that will make our research and information publication processes more transparent and will invite all members to participate.

In order to help us launch and moderate these new features, we're now seeking new comic expert administrators and moderators who can aid with reviewing site changes and engaging the community at large. We are seeking CPG members for the following roles:

Forum Moderator
Help bring back some of the spark to the forums and drive conversation and engagement with the members, and ensure rules are properly enforced.

Pricing & Valuation Research Assistant
Work directly with our pricing & valuation team to research and publish price changes on books across the system.

Site Administrator
Review submitted book facts, creator data, and stories to check for correctness and publish to the front site. Add missing issues, publishers, variants, and cover scans.

One of our big goals heading into 2017 is to open up additional lines of communication with our community and in order to do that, we need the help of talented comic enthusiasts to ensure our massive database continues to grow with only relevant, correct information for new books (and old ones!).

If you're interested in learning more and applying for any of these positions, please visit this page here.

If you have any questions, please use the form here.

Thank you!
CPG Staff
+2 link
ccuttitt
ccuttitt

1/6/2018

ccuttitt
ccuttitt
Hi,

Is there still any interest in adding Site Moderators? I filled out the appropriate form in the previous site format, but that section appears to be gone now with the updates. I tried following the links below, but they redirect:

http://comicspriceguide.com/about#_volunteer redirects to https://comicspriceguide.com/about#_volunteer
http://comicspriceguide.com/about#_contact redirects to https://comicspriceguide.com/about#_contact

Both appear to redirect to the content of this page: https://comicspriceguide.com/about

This is probably known, but thought I'd mention just in case.

Thank you in advance,
Chris
+1 link
thunderize1
thunderize1

1/13/2018

thunderize1
thunderize1
Hi I am also interested in the site administrator position. I have just over 19,000 issues uploaded already and another 12,000 of my own personal collection to enter. So i have a good sized library to confirm the entries. I'm in the San Diego area so if we wanted to in the future we could set up a booth at Comic-Con to broadcast more of our beloved site!!!. And its not just me my girlfriend will also be working with me so you would get 2 for the price of one.

Thank you in advance David and Tabetha.
+1 link
RocknRollguitarplayer
RocknRollguitarplayer

5/12/2018

Aloha, I too have made mention that I could be repairing some incorrect information or adding much needed artists etc. sitting in limbo if/when you hand out church keys... The other question if the CPG gods in Olympus read these is the issue facts button "DOES NOT WORK" when attempting to add key insight regarding the comic? Have a nice weekend...
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

5/14/2018

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Hey James,
Look for an email from me today. I want to publically say that we appreciate all you do for Comics Price Guide. You do some great work.
Ron
0 link
taskmaster
taskmaster

7/5/2018

taskmaster
taskmaster
I'd love to be a forum mod....It would be very helpful to all
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

7/6/2018

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Taskmaster, I just sent you an email.
0 link
Pacino
Pacino
Administrator

5/11/2021

Pacino
Pacino
Administrator
Can I please have my mod status returned.
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

5/11/2021

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
I think you have admin status now. I couldn't find it until just now.
R
0 link
Pacino
Pacino
Administrator

5/11/2021

Pacino
Pacino
Administrator
Working now. Thank you
0 link
thunderize1
thunderize1

5/26/2021

thunderize1
thunderize1
thunderize1 wrote:
Hi I am also interested in the site administrator position. I have just over 19,000 issues uploaded already and another 12,000 of my own personal collection to enter. So i have a good sized library to confirm the entries. I'm in the San Diego area so if we wanted to in the future we could set up a booth at Comic-Con to broadcast more of our beloved site!!!. And its not just me my girlfriend will also be working with me so you would get 2 for the price of one.

Thank you in advance David and Tabetha.

Not sure if this is still an option but still interested. now up to 28,145 issues entered and about 20,000 more to enter. also I have family in Indy and would be a great reason for me to travel there to visit and work.
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

5/26/2021

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
David,

Send me an email and we can talk.
Ron
0 link
Captainnukes
Captainnukes

10/8/2021

Captainnukes
Captainnukes
I could help out if needed.
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

10/27/2021

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
I sent you a message Steve.
+1 link
Xvipah73
Xvipah73

10/27/2021

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
Always available to help if it's needed.
0 link
Captainnukes
Captainnukes

10/27/2021

Captainnukes
Captainnukes
Replied Ron
0 link
Wbauer74
Wbauer74

1/14/2023

Wbauer74
Wbauer74
If you still need help with someone adding missing issues/prices/cover scans/verifying data/variants I would be interested in helping out.
0 link
thunderize1
thunderize1

8/2/2023

thunderize1
thunderize1
Ronbatman wrote:
David,

Ron

I am just now seeing this response.
0 link
rixmaxx
rixmaxx

8/3/2023

rixmaxx
rixmaxx
thunderize1 wrote:
Ronbatman wrote:
David,

Ron

I am just now seeing this response.

Way to stay on top of things Sleepy lol
0 link
taz2008
taz2008

8/10/2023

taz2008
taz2008
I'm interested in helping with adding missing issues/prices/cover scans/verifying data/variants..
0 link