RocknRollguitarplayer

all messages by user

1/7/2016
Topic:
Doctor Strange In Da House!

RocknRollguitarplayer
RocknRollguitarplayer
"" Aloha and Please Pardon The Postus Interruptous! SO... Any Feedback as to the significance of adding Doctor Fricking Strange to the Marvel cinematic RocknRoll Universe this Novemeber? My Best Estimation is, this opens the Portal for Sub-Mariner, Silver Surfer etc etc to join into the Mystical Campaign? No? If The Valkyrie shows up then i will feel the Harmonic Convergence needed to create World Peace!
Thank You and Please resume your ordinary programming!
RnR-GP
3/25/2016
Topic:
BatMan VS. SuperMan Dawn of Justice Review

RocknRollguitarplayer
RocknRollguitarplayer
Aloha and Pardon the Cyber Interruption, But wanted to post some humble thoughts regarding said movie...

Let me preface this review by acknowledging that by the time Wonder Woman finally arrives in full costume during this lengthy DC/Warner Bro. offering, it becomes apparent that every Man (maybe Woman) and for sure teenage boy, would gladly welcome a SexBot in her Image. She is truly remarkable.
BatMan vs. SuperMan is almost 3 hours of movie celluloid with an abundant amount of information that strives to develop character metamorphosis and prospective plot scenario, to eventually parlay this intense adventure into a future Justice League film. So moral of the story...Hang in there and have plenty of snacks, maybe liquor to rely on.
Let's cut to the obvious question. Ben Affleck as The BatMan. Oddly enough the cunning use of a Dark monotone delivery coupled with an always effective 2 day old razor stubble and a Hulk Hogan like physique surprisingly delivers a believable BatMan that does not suck.
Lex Luthor has a frenetic delivery, obviously due to containing a vast amount of neurons in a small skull, which makes for a 3-Dimensional character that will grow on you throughout the film. He is Awesome!
I must say Amy Adams as wonderful as she can be was a bit too ordinary and girl next door in this part and needed a little more angst from spending time on a casting couch to receive this part. Nuff Said...
SPECIAL Effects and Fight scene action is over the top and i almost blew a hamstring watching the destruction at times (which is a good thing). The SuperMan vs BatMan debacle is legendary with more back and forth action than a good Mortal Combat vs DC Universe session.. HOWEVER, if you think a bathroom break is in order after this Fight, Do NOT Move, as the soon to be JUSTICE LEAGUE enters into an Epic battle with none other but DOOMSDAY, that will nearly give you Epilepsy. (Also meaning it's Awesome!)
Overall, this film is a B, BUT only because of length and the writers trying hard to stuff the Thanksgiving Turkey with 2-1/2 movies worth of information. Otherwise, well worth the 10 bucks!

That's my two cents

RnR-GP
3/27/2016
Topic:
BatMan VS. SuperMan Dawn of Justice Review

RocknRollguitarplayer
RocknRollguitarplayer
Well, with the Professional Critics, that have participated in critiquing to the point of revealing the entire script, i hoped to only bring an entertaining review to entertain interest, not spoil... You Rock, I appreciate the post! jokerbangedquinn wrote:
Thanks for the spoiler...
6/14/2016
Topic:
X-MEN APOCALYPSE

RocknRollguitarplayer
RocknRollguitarplayer
IMO X-Men Apocalypse (though entertaining) tried to include too much information into one movie and needed to build and develop ideas over the course of a couple movies (this is Apocalypse a COMPLEX Omnipotent Character). Apocalypse costume is sub-novice and needs to be re-tooled. Marvel/Disney needs to run the show on this franchise ASAP and be in the creative room when they unleash Mister Sinister in upcoming film...

lealew7 wrote:
i wouldn't rule out the cross over of x-men/avengers because there are many x-men members that become avengers in the future; ahheemm wolverine.....Big Grin anyways, i have not seen the movie yet, but i have my own reserved opinions on it because they are reintroducing characters in different ways and at different times than they originally were in the comics and cartoons. we saw jubilee back in the first movie, but didn't really care, but now there is a new person coming to as jubilee; and now they intro psylock with young storm, young nightcrawler and storm ( if anyone remembers the second xmen movie when they apparently first met then....) any ways, then you have no gambit still and he was once a key member in the original... and i won't get back into the quicksliver thing, but if anyone recalls, no one ever referred to the avengers maximof as quicksilver, so connecting the two maximof characters in the future from xmen and avengers would be ok. back then, i'm sure magneto had more than one lady friend wink no dissin on any characters or movies, i am just refreshing on some things is all. but i am excited no matter what to see the future BLACK PANTHER, ANT MAN/WASP, INFINITY WARS, AND SO ON Big Grin any other opinions out there? i love this stuff!!!
7/15/2016
Topic:
Ghostbusters starring Melissa McCarthy

RocknRollguitarplayer
RocknRollguitarplayer
Thanks, this is one movie that should never have been re-initiated on the celluloid... What is even more entertaining than this critique is the Chinese Government has strictly forbidden this Movie from being shown due to it promotion of "Cults and Superstition" LOL
2/1/2017
Topic:
APPROVING CREATORS sitting in Quque??

RocknRollguitarplayer
RocknRollguitarplayer
  • In the Spirit of adding correct information into the CPG time-capsule, there are many creators that have been sitting in the quque for at least a year that need approval in order to keep the info train rollin. Is there a method for approving some of these that are stuck in this bottleneck?Cool

edited by rocknrollguitarplayer on 2/1/2017
2/19/2017
Topic:
My ranking has gone down a level.

RocknRollguitarplayer
RocknRollguitarplayer
Gilgandra wrote:
Mine did that a few years ago. Went from 4 - 5 & back to 4 again. Think one needs to keep up with the submissions so it stays there. Also i think the higher the ranking the more one needs to submit.
...And no you have not submitted to much data...More please Mr. Droid & your ranking will go higher smile

When can We the workin for the greater comic book good submission dudes and dudettes expect to see some approvals that are still stuck in the stuck Que? Some have been in the holding tank a long long long time. It throws off the biospheric continuum of the keyboard fingers when an artist etc. is not available to punch into the data base. Whaaaaa?
2/19/2017
Topic:
Help Us Feed the CPG Megacomputer

RocknRollguitarplayer
RocknRollguitarplayer
Amen! Cool In order to feel the full power of the comic book data base, the creators stuck in the Que need approving! If you want to hand over the church key I can help with the log jam if you cats are busy as I know the comicbook business never sleeps.
On days When i'm free and rollin along to punch in data I can also approve creators. Let Me know, Have a good weekend.
RnR-GP
3/5/2017
Topic:

RocknRollguitarplayer
RocknRollguitarplayer
Gilgandra wrote:
RocknRollguitarplayer wrote:
Amen! Cool In order to feel the full power of the comic book data base, the creators stuck in the Que need approving! If you want to hand over the church key I can help with the log jam if you cats are busy as I know the comicbook business never sleeps.
On days When i'm free and rollin along to punch in data I can also approve creators. Let Me know, Have a good weekend.
RnR-GP

Did you apply to become a administrator Rock& Roll. You can right on this page good sir.
http://comicspriceguide.com/forum/topic6278-now-recruiting-new-administrators-and-moderators.aspx
Hope to see you soon.
3/5/2017
Topic:

RocknRollguitarplayer
RocknRollguitarplayer
"Am I Bonafied yet" ?
3/22/2017
Topic:

RocknRollguitarplayer
RocknRollguitarplayer
GOOD GOD MAN Please approve some artistic guys/gals stuck in the QUE. The Enlightened Age of Comics needs your mutant enhanced finger to hit the approval button! Cool

RnR-GP
5/5/2017
Topic:

RocknRollguitarplayer
RocknRollguitarplayer
Gilgandra wrote:
GOOD GOD MAN Please approve some artistic guys/gals stuck in the QUE. The Enlightened Age of Comics needs your mutant enhanced finger to hit the approval button! Cool

RnR-GP

I informed Jesse that you put in for been an administrator RnR.
He said he passed you & others on to the comic book gods.Think they are busy with heaps of stuff, Took them a few months to put me on.
5/5/2017
Topic:

RocknRollguitarplayer
RocknRollguitarplayer
Gilgandra wrote:

RnR-GP

I informed Jesse that you put in for been an administrator RnR.
He said he passed you & others on to the comic book gods.Think they are busy with heaps of stuff, Took them a few months to put me on.

No Big deal, after running a business for many years, I can tell you this CPG group has a great idea and the data base concept is excellent. As far as their abilities to motivate, manage and create perks and so called "Accolades" the "Comic Gods" (as you say) are sub-novice at best. I'm guessing from being extremely busy and the other reason coming from arrogance that comes with some success .
I'm not interested in moderating or adding info to see a number go higher on my personal screen, I did this strictly to enlarge an information balance sheet for the next generation of comic enthusiasts. I will use this fine site to manage comics as I originally intended.
Happy Cinco de Mayo...Adios
6/18/2017
Topic:

RocknRollguitarplayer
RocknRollguitarplayer
Aloha and Happy Father's Day to any Fathers. I am glad the site and those involved are enjoying commercial success. However, as I traverse the site to do some work I see not only information errors (WE all make at times) but some are actually getting APPROVED. Listen I am a big comic enthusiast and when I see bunk info its like hearing a Guitar out of tune. Just a Heads UP! Have a good one
6/25/2017
Topic:

RocknRollguitarplayer
RocknRollguitarplayer
jarhead_84 wrote:
I've got a couple of gripes. First I applied to be a volunteer site administrator, I believe, back in January and I have not heard anything about my application or if it was even received.
Lastly, as RocknRollguitarplayer said three months ago creators need to be approved, when I applied to be a volunteer site administrator I said I would want to help approve creators. Specifically though as of tomorrow the Wonder Woman movie will have been out for three weeks in the US, but Wonder Woman's creators William Moulton Marston (writer) and Harry G. Peter (artist) are not available, though they are in the que to be approved. How is it that one of the three mainstays of DC comics and the most well known female super hero not have her creator's confirmed and listed. I figured that with the Wonder Woman movie bringing Wonder Woman so much into the public spotlight that her creators would be approved, I guess not, hopefully they will soon be approved as are all of the other creators that are stuck in limbo waiting for approval.

Sidris, I agree but at the same time, who has WW #1 laying around to confirm the creators are accurate? Don't get me wrong, I know it should be common knowledge for most of the big ones, Supes, Batman, WW, Spidey etc, but unless someone has actually put in the info, then nothing will be approved. Superman "creators" only did so much before another artist took over, and up until sites like this come about, there was no real "data base" for any of us. I, as an admin dude, go in and look and try to approve what I can, after looking at several data bases to try and confirm the accuracy of the info, if I am not 100% sure I pass on it. This site will get better as time goes on and as we get more collectors involved, plus, there is a LOT of new data that gets added every month, new issues, new artist, prices, dates so on and so forth, that the few who actually run the site can be easily over whelmed. (psst, I am looking to retire from the military, looking for a job!) lol But I do try to help and approve what I know I can verify, besides, this is a hobby (albeit, an expensive one, according to my wife!) so I am just glad I have some place to organize and catalog my collection!

Ben
Sidris
6/25/2017
Topic:

RocknRollguitarplayer
RocknRollguitarplayer
Give SIDRIS a Hell Yeah! This is a classic example of Success and growing pains that are actually starting to impede the progress of correct information flow. YOU guys/gods? have good people that are working for free to better the valuation of this site and the future of the the comic book time capsule. THE gOD'S Need to wake the "F" up even if they are busy (the fact they have a god label is concerning enough) or what may possibly happen, as the "JOKER" so eloquently has stated..."When You are good at Something NEVER do it for Free" could become reality! Many of us sitting in the Ether eager to help may find motivation is at a premium if the comic gODS are not worthy!
edited by rocknrollguitarplayer on 6/25/2017
6/25/2017
Topic:

RocknRollguitarplayer
RocknRollguitarplayer
Gilgandra wrote:
Aloha and Happy Father's Day to any Fathers. I am glad the site and those involved are enjoying commercial success. However, as I traverse the site to do some work I see not only information errors (WE all make at times) but some are actually getting APPROVED. Listen I am a big comic enthusiast and when I see bunk info its like hearing a Guitar out of tune. Just a Heads UP! Have a good one

RocknRoll can you say which errors you've seen, I may be able to change or fix them.
Are you saying Creators or prices or Stories.
6/26/2017
Topic:

RocknRollguitarplayer
RocknRollguitarplayer
  • There are stories that need repair or deleting
  • There are dates that are incorrect
  • There are artists etc etc that need repair
  • OBVIOUSLY many are stuck in the Que too as you know
I will start writing them down when I use this fine data base! Listen I'm not tryin to create Anarchy here but I have had limited response to my enthusiasm(and it looks like i'm not alone) When I analyze books, I cross reference to see if Info is correct and have found some idiosyncrasies. Like I said if I had the Church key to repair or send it to a moderator for quick approval I would do so. This is a great Data Base and it needs to be here with as much CORRECT info as possible for the next enthusiast to follow... Like I have said WE ALL make mistakes when imputing but it would be in the COMIC-gODS best interest to have some of us apostles on their team.
8/8/2017
Topic:

RocknRollguitarplayer
RocknRollguitarplayer
Metal Men #54 has incorrect Artist (Ross Andru) SHOULD BE "Joe Staton", Inker (Mike Esposito) SHOULD BE "Joe Staton" and Writer (Robert Kanigher) SHOULD BE "Gerry Conway". I fixed but cannot remove the wrong information. There are more like this I run in to. If you want to get me a Church key I clean the fish tank when I'm doing some CPG work.

Thanks

RnR-GP
3/8/2018
Topic:
The Terrifics

RocknRollguitarplayer
RocknRollguitarplayer
Aside from the Iconic characters that were spawned by some form of revealed god-mind knowledge over the years (perhaps induced by an excellent bottle of Mezcal "if" there is such a thing), the rest of the characters in the comic ether are reflections of each other (at some level). That being said I like the Terrific's concept. However, they need better artwork that matches the writing...IMHO